on 11 May 2013
Ordered this for my new HTC One, so as to maintain the slim rectangular profile of the phone, and to allow me to still see the aluminium finish. It's certainly low-profile, and is a soft and flexible case that would probably absorb a small amount of shock, though primarily I want to protect my phone from scratches. It's translucent enough that you can clearly see the HTC logo through the back surface, and can even clearly read the smaller Beats Audio logo underneath. All of the cut-outs line up perfectly, and the volume and power buttons are unimpeded.

My problem with it is that though the sides of the case are very snug and remain flush against the phone, the same cannot be said for the top and bottom of the case. Here, despite the case fitting very tightly, the case bows slightly outwards. This breaks up the straight lines of the phone, and looks a little bit ugly. Critically though, it allows small pieces of detritus to enter the case, where they will sit between the case and your phone. I've just found a small amount of what looked like sugar sitting in there. Last week I actually found two small pieces of chocolate.

Presumably you could take this phone to the beach and end up getting sand inside your case, where it could conceivably rub between the case and phone and cause scratches. If you're investing in such a nice device as the HTC One, chances are you want your case to fit well and to provide protection, and unfortunately this case does neither. Handsome, cheap, but sometimes you get what you pay for.
on 8 May 2013
I'm not a huge fan of big bulky cases that completely transform the look & feel of the phone, especially when you own a beauty like the HTC One. However, the bumps and grinds of everyday use makes it essential to have some sort of protection to keep the phone in good condition.

This case seems like the perfect compromise, hardly adds any bulk to the phone and the clear see through back (although frosted) doesn't hinder the phone's stunning looks. In fact, the rubberised back of the cover makes the phone easier to grip as compared to the metal, although it doesn't feel as premium.

The cover looks sturdy enough to protect the phone against minor drops, scratches etc. but don't expect any miracles. The lip on the front helps keep the screen raised when you place the phone face down on any surface. Also, there are cutouts for the volume rocker and power button which acts like an IR blaster, unlike some other cases available for this phone, which is essential if you wish to use it as a remote to control your TV and also makes the buttons easier to press.

My only gripe with the cover was that it does not sit flush with the top and bottom of the phone, there is a minute gap between the phone and the cover which might let dust particles through, but it could just be a bad batch and other batches might be better.

All in all, it's a great cover and amazing value...oh and they've thrown in 2 screen protectors for good measure! Always nice to get free stuff :)
on 4 September 2013
The first problem with this case arose around the delivery. Going to a theme park on the 6th of September, I wasn't brave enough to take my brand new phone round without some protection. I ordered this case on the 30th of August, with high expectations it would arrive before the 6th, even with standard delivery.
I did not receive a 'dispatched' email until today (4th September) so, naturally assumed, it wasn't going to arrive on time, so promptly went to the nearest shop and bought a case there. Low and behold, this case was sitting on my mat once I opened the door after buying my case, with "Dispatched 31st August" written on the front. I'm not so much complaining, just slightly miffed there was an obvious issue with the email system.

The case itself is just slightly too small for the phone. It fits around, but the top and the bottom edges look 'stretched', and pushing the sides causes the screen protector to come off slightly.

The two screen protectors this is supplied with are of very high quality, although seem to scratch rather easily.

This case WILL protect the phone, however from an aesthetic viewpoint, it would be nice if it didn't look stretched.
on 9 November 2013
I always go for this type of case over the hard case because those crack and break so easily. This style protects your phone and screen, especially from scratches.

Went with clear because I didn't want to hide the beauty of the phone behind a bright colour but was disappointed to find that after a short while, the colour started to go a funny brown-purple hue. Stopped using it because it made the phone look like it was dirty. Gave it a wipe but colour didn't budge. It wash't everyday, just around the edge. Now using one of those flip cases that open to see use. Handy because the part that covers the screen folds back and props the screen up so it's easier to see when watching things on the phone, or if you're lazy and don't want to hold the phone while typing, playing games, browsing the web etc.

I would give this case another go but maybe go for a grey colour rather than the clear one.

Another point I'd like to make actually, I didn't get a screen protector with mine. Not that I'd use it. If you use one, change it maybe every month. They are not a long term use kind of thing. You'll notice the slowness in typing.
on 9 October 2013
This is the case for those who seek to show their phone colors, but be advised, those of you that are thinking this is actually transparent, I bought it choosing the colour "transparent", but it's stated in the name of the product that it is actually "Frosted Translucent". What this means is that the back of the case is actually a little opaque/blurry and it softens the phone's color a bit.

Pros:
- The final look with the "Frosted Translucent" scheme.
- The way it sticks to the phone, as it is not an easy job to remove it, which means it won't come out when the phone falls
- The feel of the back of the case, as it doesn't feel like a common rubber.
- Has a good grip
- Is a slim case

Cons:
- The Screen protectors that came with it. 2 Screen protectors that I did apply properly and waited 48 hours, but had a massive strip of "bubble" on the side of the phone.
- The fact that it doesn't cover the microsim card entrance. Since I don't change it often, I would rather have it covered, being this one place less for dirt to get in
- Gets dirty really fast
on 7 October 2013
Waste of money. Doesn't fit properly at top and bottom, so makes it look like you've forced the phone into the wrong cover. It's only a few quid but I've paid similar for excellent covers in the past.

Could not not recommend this enough.

I'll use it for the next few days until whatever I order to replace it turns up.
on 10 July 2013
Pros:
* The case is made from a rubbery gel material which *looks* like it can absorb a decent amount of shock damage.
* The rim/lip on the front is thick enough for you to lay the phone on its front without scratching the screen, but not too thick that it compromises the overall design of the phone.
* The cutouts are all perfectly aligned with the ports in the phone (back camera and flash, charger port, primary AND secondary microphones, power button, volume rocker, and headphone jack).
* The fact that it's transluscent means it doesn't cover the HTC One's lovely phone design, making it the best kind of case for this phone.
* The fact that it's translucent also means it doesn't highlight the smudges on the back of the case.

Cons:
* Although the gel material provides SOME rubbery grip, it's not as grip-tastic as my other case made from a similar material, meaning that there might be more of a chance of it slipping out of the hand.
on 19 September 2013
This is a nice case which really complements the silver HTC One. It is really low profile so doesn't add a large amount of bulk to the phone. All the cut-outs line up well. You can still see the HTC logo & the Beats logo through the back as well which is nice, a few people have said they didn't think the phone had a case on until they picked it up.

The only gripe as mentioned in other reviews is that the top & bottom of the case aren't quite straight. I think the makers of the case have made it straight when in fact the bottom & top of the phone has a slight curve in it, hence why the case is a bit short in places.

If you need a 'tough' case then this isn't for you but if you want one which will protect the phone without adding bulk then this is great.

I also received two screen protectors which are really good, I got one on without any bubbles which was a first for me.
on 19 August 2013
Nice and clear, all the holes in the right places just a shame it doesn't fit properly. Fits fine along the sides but not at the top and bottom. Not worth the hassle to send back for 3 quid so will make do until i get a replacement. My advice is avoid this and spend a bit more on something better.
on 22 October 2013
First of all, I was well pleased with this case. I rarely buy cases for my phones, but the HTC One is so stunning, I wanted to keep it that way for a bit longer.

The case is easy to put on and take off, but remains a great fit at all times. When paired with a decent screen protector, you have really good, minimalist protection.

The downside is like all clear gel cases it doesn't stay clear for long. Previous ones I've had have started to yellow, but this one has started to absorb the blue from my denim jeans so it's now got a slight (although not unpleasant) blue tinge. It's happened quickly as well - I first noticed it when it was just over 2 months old - and I presume it will get worse and will have to buy another one at some point. At this price it's not a major problem but I'm not keen on waste so would have liked it to have lasted a it longer!