on 31 May 2013
I was glad when Series 2 of this tongue in cheek crime comedy came out on DVD, but a little disappointed to see Lucy Punch had been replaced by Miranda Raison. However, Miranda was brilliant and easily stepped into the shoes of her predecessor. Very sorry that this is probably the last we shall see of Vexed - and this duo. Especially appealing for British ex pats (with sense of humour) who do not have access to British TV.
on 5 February 2013
Great second series that, despite the long break between this and the first series, manages to match the quality of series one. Miranda Raison fits in to the role with ease and develops quite a blunt, emasculating yet bizarrely endearing relationship with Toby Stephens. Shame they're not making another series
on 31 March 2013
I'm sorry Lucy Punch left the series, but it's still as good. It might be an acquired taste for some, as it's that difficult combination of comedy and serious police work, with the one guy who's a maverick and his partner sort of has to bring him in line, but comes to quite enjoy the way they work. Grudging respect, I suppose you'd call it. I doubt it's the way real police people work, but it's good viewing. Definitely recommend it and the first series - but there are only six episodes per series, so don't expect the kind of 23/24 episode box set you get from the US.
on 24 March 2013
Okay, I love Toby and Miranda is a great new sidekick. I love the acting, the stories, the writing is superb and I love everything except...what the heck has happened to the groovy music from the tv show? The new 'incidental' music on this DVD doesn't 'say' anything and is radically different to what I remember from the BBC 'live' showing - thank goodness for the excellent acting in these sections. Even the theme music is different and is decidedly inferior to the original fantastic theme!
Dear Mr DVD maker of Vexed Season 2 - you lose a star for changing the music.
on 8 April 2013
This was really good to watch, I enjoyed it and have watched it again already. Great chemistry between the two lead characters which was a surprise as it's tricky sometimes when the actors are changed often it falls short somewhere and it doesn't quite work but this is a great success. Well done. I know I shall be watching this again and again.
on 14 April 2013
I love Vexed and the second series was even better than the first a must have its a cop drama thats quirky and something both men and women can watch and enjoy together.
on 12 February 2013
This is an excellent series, witty and easy to watch. Just what you need after a tough day at work!
on 19 July 2013
While watching the first episode of this 2nd season, it suddenly struck me that it would have been funnier
if, like Bewitched on American TV, DI Armstrong(Toby Stephens) had turned to his partner(Miranda Raison)
and said "That's a new look for you." as if she were playing Kate, and just carried on from there. If the
new partner is supposed to unleash a comic sexual chemestry it isn't working. Still funny, but...
on 2 April 2013
Everything was great. I enjoyed it more than once and I think it is a great series. I hope they have another one. I like the new girl in it.
on 13 November 2013
Series one was brilliant but took ages to be released on DVD. Series 2 does not disappoint either. Well recommended.