5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver
Published on 24 Jun. 2012 by Pamela Leadbeatter

2.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow for larger guys...
I bought this to prevent lower back pain whilst driving. As I'm a big guy (6'5") I found the wings on the edge of the cushion were too narrow and stuck into my back. A few minutes work with a knife made the necessary adjustments - but not ideal
Published 20 months ago by IRS

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, 24 Jun. 2012
I purchased two of these one for my settee and one for the car. The one I am using on the settee has proved invaluable for support and comfort for my prolapsed discs and sciatica and has enabled me to move from lying on the floor to being able to sit on a normal seat. I did not find this useful in the driving seat of the car as too bulky but this is probably due to seat in the car (Peugot) but I have used it successfully when a car passenger. Excellent value for money and highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars No more back pain, 21 July 2013
I drive for a living and was suffering from back pain due to lack of lumber support, but this cushion has solved the problem and I can now do a 12 hour shift and have no back or neck pain at the end of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars cushion review, 6 Dec. 2012
Purchased for husband who is suffering with a back problem, he has informed me that it is great and helps when he is sitting, he uses it in the car, on flights and at home. He definately recommends this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory Foam Orthopaedic Lumbar Support, 24 Aug. 2012
Good little product - does the job it's supposed to do - supporting the lumbar region. Purchased it for my husband for use in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent driver's seat solution for what I needed, 12 May 2014
This review is from: GreatIdeas™ Ultimate Breathable 3d Mesh Lumbar Car Cushion (Misc.)
My Skoda Octavia's lumbar support doesn't seem to be very effective, even when the dealer confirmed that it hadn't broken. As I'm a reasonably fit person, but was getting a sore back after only an hour's drive I tried various solutions (rolled up towel, the "Mesh Lumbar Back Support for Office Chair Car Seat etc") before giving this a try.
I'm very glad to say that after a year of driving with this (journeys up to 4 hours, plus a trip to Southern France and back) this does the job for me.
Some points that you may want to be aware of:
1. Initially (for the first 3 months) it felt very bulky around the sides each time I first sat in the driver's seat, but it contoured itself to my back within 2-4 minutes and was unnoticeable after that.
2. It's now semi-shaped itself to my back so when I now sit in the driver's seat it's now unnoticeable.
3. I haven't bothered using the elastic retaining strap, so it does tip over occasionally when I'm not in the car and sets the car alarm off. I now just flip it forward whenever I get out of the car to avoid this happening.
I'd strongly recommend considering this if you are looking for something for your car; but it may take a couple of months for it to "bed in".

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jan. 2013
Should have bought one of these years ago. My back more comfortable using it and it also keeps my back very warm

2.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow for larger guys..., 25 Aug. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great! Minor improvements could make this the best available!, 11 Mar. 2015
An Interesting product, but not perfect!
I own this version, and the cheap "copy" version... And as much as It pains me to say, they both have an equal footing this race!

The cheap version is slightly smaller, not as well built but uses a much denser foam, so it's very very comfortable as it moulds to your body.
This version not as dense, much lighter and feels more like a standard pillow. In my opinion these should come in different strengths, therefore allowing the buyer to select a dense, normal, or light foam.

I prefer the dense foam as it gives me lots of support when sitting for long periods of time (when marathoning a tv show for example) where as this lighter foam, feels like it provides less support, but it looks and feels like a much better built product.

Overall I give this 4* and would give them a fifth of we could choose the strength of the foam. But if you don't need really really dense foam, then this product will, do you fine. It's supportivd, it's very well built, it's good value and it works. But if you need or want really dense foam, then this is not the right product for you.

Over all this Is a good item, a good purchase and a strong 4* product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing back support, 14 May 2013
Very pleased with the lumbar support, made life a lot easier for me as I drive for a living as a cabbie !

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved back aches whilst driving, 8 April 2015
Driving my car for more than an hour would always give me lower-left side back ache. The journey would become increasingly more uncomfortable the longer I drove, so I would dread longer journeys, so I decided to try this cushion based on other reviews.

Anyway, I've had the cushion for a few weeks and no more back aches, which was brilliant for the 5 hour long car journey I made recently.

Would recommend for the car if you suffer back aches whilst driving.