4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE GADGET
Published 10 months ago by A D Mackenzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficulty in getting the pedometer started - the screen went blank the switches did not work
The pedometer was delivered very promptly (the next day = 5 stars). But I had great difficulty in getting it to work (2 stars): I followed the instructions exactly, and also read the on-line start up advice, but it seemed that the switches on the pedometer were very reluctant to work - screen remained defiantly BLANK!. Eventually, after taking the battery in and out (as...
Published 2 months ago by onezie

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE GADGET, 15 July 2014
This review is from: OMRON HJ-321 TRI-AXIS PEDOMETER WITH CALORIES BURNED (Sports)
Purchased as a gift for someone who does not do gadgets or metric measurements. This wins against some of the others on the market because it can be set up for either metric or imperial measures. Fairly straightforward to set up and use and comparison over a measured (by GPS) distance indicates a high degree of accuracy with the caveat that this is only if the step measure is input correctly in the first place.
It is very accurate as a step counter over longer distances, I am not so sure about the counter when the device is worn about the house as like many other pedometers it will ignore the first few steps. This pedometer also measures aerobic steps which means that if you have to undertake a specific amount of moderate exercise on a daily basis it is suitable for this purpose as well as just measuring distance travelled and total amount of steps per day.
Due to the fact that it operates on Tri-axis which means three dimensions, it can be carried in a bag or pocket as well as being used on the belt clip provided. It is possible to hang it around your neck but no necklace arrangement comes with the package. I think on the belt clip it may be possible to lose the pedometer if it slips out of the clip to date this has not been an issue. The lack of a supplied hanging loop/safety leash and the potentially insecure belt clip are the only reasons I give this four stars rather than five.
It has a 7 day memory so you can review activities/progress but it is not possible to download this data but at this price what do you expect.
Users must remember that this pedometer operates when it detects motion, it cannot tell if that motion is due to walking on the flat or up a hill. It has an internal clock which is how it can differentiate between walking and aerobic exercise walking. It provides an estimate of calories used but this is only an average minimum and its accuracy is entirely dependant upon the accuracy of the initial set up.
This is a step counter, it does what it says on the tin and a little bit more and this is why I recommend it and give it four stars. It is not a navigation aid/mileometer for that you need a GPS.

5.0 out of 5 stars pedometer goes the distance, 18 Mar. 2014
Been used every day since purchase. Easy to use and accurate. Hardly know you are wearing it
Easy to read and setup

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant pedometer, 15 May 2014
Not the cheapest I've bought but definitely the best. Once set up it's easy to use and lightweight and reliable .

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate, 29 Mar. 2014
Simple to use and very accurate. Before I bought this I read all the reviews for this and similar products and I agree this is the best pedometer on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB PEDOMETER!!!, 20 Jun. 2014
first class pedometer, I have many other cheaper pedometers which have not been very accurate or are easily zeroed whilst wearing them, the times I have walked all day only to see 0 steps registered! This one allows you to put your stride length in so the distance you walk is calculated very accurately it even knows if some of the steps were aerobic, jogging or running, also tells you the calories burned, it is slim and pops into your pocket or it can be used with the clip provided, well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate step counter motivates regular walks!, 6 Feb. 2014
A little internet research suggested that this was an accurate pedometer at a reasonable price that would be an improvement on my current somewhat erratic device.
I carry it in my jacket pocket and it does indeed count steps accuarately and from stride length calculate distance accurately (I've checked these against map measurements). As a bonus it also lets me know how many calories I've consumed - never as many as I feel I deserve..

5.0 out of 5 stars Omron pedometer, 24 April 2014
When researching pedometers this one got good ratings and, on buying it, I can see why. Easy to set up , secure fixing and accurate readings it's all you want in any pedometer. I.m purchasing two more as presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, 20 May 2014
I bought a cheaper pedometer which proved very inaccurate and frustrating, looking again I decided on the OMRON HJ-AXIS just got to say im delighted its accuracy it tells me how many steps iv took normal and aerobic, how many miles ,and calories burned, I feel its really encouraged me to walk more as a beginner need insentive and I feel so encouraged by my achievements

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and use., 13 Sept. 2014
Dodster (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I had this sitting in a drawer for a year before I actually used it! By that time the instructions were long gone. However, I found it a breeze to set up. It may because I had an Omron before, and the principles are pretty much the same.
It allows you to set up in metric or imperial measures or both depending on your preferences. For example, you might want your weight in Kg and your height in inches (or not).
I found the best way to get your step distance is to take 10 steps, measure how far you've gone and divide the total by 10.
Once set up, it sits nicely, securely and unobtrusively on my belt and I can get about my daily business whilst it records the number of steps to take.
The number of steps you take in a day is recorded over the week so you can access this using the 'mem' button and see how you are progressing. If you are really geeky you can produce graphs from spreadsheets and so on to plot your improvement.
All in all, great little bit of kit and recommended.
OMRON HJ-321 Tri-Axis Pedometer

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Pedometer, 28 Dec. 2014
Pete (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
I did quite a bit of research to find the best pedometer around and chose this one. I've had it about 6 months now and it works flawlessly. The things I like about it are:
1) It's "tri-axis" which means you can put it in ANY pocket (including jacket) or handbag in any orientation and it will detect each and every step without fail (as far as I'm able to tell).
2) It's very small and slim so you don't notice you're carrying it. I generally have it in the coin pocket of my jeans.
3) It seems reliable. No problems in the 1st 6 months and still on 1st, cheap little battery.
4) It distinguishes "aerobic" walking (i.e. reasonably fast walking) from slow ambling, recording them together and separately, so you can see if you're doing enough vigorous walking (though you don't have to be walking very fast to count as "aerobic").
The other advantages are pretty much what you'd get with many pedometers - 7-day memory, distance recorded (once you've calibrated it with your pace length). A great motivational aid.