Platform: Xbox 360|Change
Price:£29.99+ £2.03 shipping

on 30 September 2013
A truly great game which immerses you for hours on end. You can balance the cultivation of your land with completing side missions to boost your finances for purchasing new machinery, land and livestock .
on 13 September 2013
I had previously bought this on the PC and was very excited when I heard it was coming to the Xbox,
Personally, I think it is much more user friendly on the Xbox as the controls are so easy to use and it has an extra farm built in.
It is a wonderful game and has so much to offer and the tutorials are excellant to start you off.
I would highly recomend it to anyone who likes something more than the usual shoot em ups. Well done to the game developers.....
on 12 October 2013
I bought this game to fill time until the titanium add-on came out for the pc version. It's more basic than the pc version and has less machinery also it employs a system of slots and each machine you buy takes up between 1 and 3 slots, this is to do with the limitations of the consoles ram I believe. I would recommend it if you computer isnt up to the task of running the pc version but if it is just get the titanium add-on off the farming simulator website as there's more machinery and features. I don't understand why rate it one star when they bought the wrong version?! Overall it's not bad the pc version is better for serious farming with mods but the console version is fine for casual farming.
on 22 November 2014
Absolutely love this game! I grew up on a farm so have fond memories of always getting to go with my dad to do silage and things. This game has brought back good memories for my inner child! lol you get a great experience of farm management with this game, very interactive and fun! Great for kids and adults alike, even got my dad to play it for awhile and he has never picked up a xbox controller in his life... the farmer came out in him when I was playing and he was telling me what and what not to do! haha
on 11 September 2014
I bought this for my brother as a birthday present and he hasn't stopped playing it!

It may sound like the worlds most boring game but it really isn't.

Having to harvest your fields, and regrow crops gets quite addictive after a while.

You can also expand your farm by buying new fields and equipment.

If you are into strategy games and want something a little different that doesn't take an age to learn or require your full attention, then you cannot go wrong with Farming Simulator.

I recommend looking online at game play videos before buying it if you are in any doubt. This is the next best thing to actually playing it.
on 29 September 2013
When I first got this game it was fun, sowing and harvesting, etc. But now its getting boring mostly because Giants Software have conned us into thinking we're going to get the same game as the PC version but it isn't the same, its basically a cut-down version which definitely isn't worth the price.

They say that because the Xbox 360 and PS3 are "weak systems" they can't make it work like the PC version, personally I think this is just a pathetic excuse, they just can't be bothered to program it properly. We get limits on what we can do, only hiring 3 workers at a time for instance, this means that having more than half a dozen fields is difficult to manage.

We also only get 120 slots to store purchased equipment, also making it nigh on impossible to managed more than a few fields.

The in-game descriptions are a bit confusing, in one place the crops are referred to as wheat, barley, canola, corn, somewhere else it will be wheat, barley, rape, maize - not helpful if you don't know what is what.

The descriptions for the different equipment is as bad, it doesn't tell you what can be attached to what or how to use it, meaning you spend cash buying something only to find you can't attach it to your tractor, or the trailer you buy won't work with the chaff harvester.

My biggest problem at the moment is the inconsistency of certain things, the trailer I'm using will work perfectly one mine on a specific field, then the next it won't fit under the harvester pipe so you can't empty it, its annoying.

I wouldn't recommend this game as it stands, if you can get it really cheap then it might be worth a look, if you don't like driving up and down all the time don't bother.
on 6 September 2013
I like my simulator games and have played many. I have never played one on the xbox though and was delighted when I saw Farming Sim was coming out on consoles! I have played both Farming sim 2011 and 13 on PC and loved it. This version plays really well and has a good control scheme. The graphics are a tad dated but nothing that will make you dizzy. The sound is quite good and the farm/(S) have an aray of sounds going off. Birds, tractors and cattle, plus moving traffic. I have to say this game is pretty neat. I love it and cant wait until they add more content. There was supposed to be a multiplayer portion of the game so you could play co-op with your friends. It isnt on disc, and from what I have heard, it should be being patched in soon.

If you like simulation games, you'll love this game. If you prefer call of duty, you aint going to get any Kill streaks or KDR's here baby.

10/10.

More games like this on console please!
55 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2013
I like sim games and this is no exception. If you're the patient, strategic-type (which I assume you are as you're searching this game) then this is for you. In the early moments it can be a tad frustrating, but with a little research, skill, and perseverance you can soon be on your way to reapying the huge debt you will undoubtedly a-mass. The only negative I found on the X-Box version is that the 'Sat-Nav' info screen in the bottom left is a little difficult to fully manipulate, and the writing on it is tiny which makes it difficult to read the figures. The map is almost nonsensical when fully zoomed out.

This aside, I can see myself playing this and plugging away for a long while. With additional mods in time, and as the equipment you own expands, this game has a decent amount of longevity in it.
on 11 February 2014
I'm some what of a fan of simulator games and sometimes if i get bored i like to play them the way their not intended to, now for a start if you have an xbox with a small hard drive no worry i was shocked when the game installed to my hard drive in only 2 minutes then i seen that the full game is only 800mb or so hence fast install, its very basic and well .... if you want to mess about you really can't lol i wanted to go off farm and drive the tractor like a maniac but it wouldn't let me, its very proper, achievements are a bit on the hard side to get and also its seems the content addon is branded tractors cost quite a bit even know its kind of advertising for that 1 brand of tractor.
on 8 October 2013
I bought this game the day it came out. I had played the the game on PC before and loved it then, but on xbox it's even better.. Hours of fun and never gets boring.