5.0 out of 5 stars Down on the Farm
A truly great game which immerses you for hours on end. You can balance the cultivation of your land with completing side missions to boost your finances for purchasing new machinery, land and livestock .
Published 11 months ago by Trevor Shaw

3.0 out of 5 stars The Xbox Version is too restrictive
I fancied playing something totally different and bought this game because it was cheap and looked rather good. After playing it for 75 hours so far and only scratching the surface in terms of the potential size of my farm, the game offers really good value for money.

Published 7 days ago by C. Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Down on the Farm, 30 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Farming Fun !!, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I had previously bought this on the PC and was very excited when I heard it was coming to the Xbox,
Personally, I think it is much more user friendly on the Xbox as the controls are so easy to use and it has an extra farm built in.
It is a wonderful game and has so much to offer and the tutorials are excellant to start you off.
I would highly recomend it to anyone who likes something more than the usual shoot em ups. Well done to the game developers.....

3.0 out of 5 stars The Xbox Version is too restrictive, 14 Sep 2014
C. Perkins "Crispy" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

The gameplay is rather tedious at times but despite this, it is was an incredibly addictive game for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the Xbox version is too limited by the amount of vehicles you can own or the number workers you can hire to do stuff that is too time-consuming, not to mention ridiculously boring. And then there is the issue of equipment 'slots'.

After spending a lot time doing side missions to save up enough cash to buy decent machinery, it was heartbreaking to discover that you can only hire a maximum of 3 workers. Workers can do the harvesting, ploughing, sowing etc so you can concentrate on others tasks. The game's map are pretty substantial in size but much of this available field space is wasted unless you have all day to spend sowing, harvesting, cultivating etc yourself manually.

Because of the max workers issue, knowing that it would take forever and a day to farm the available fields, I decided to have a go at cattle farming. This requires an unbelievable array of expensive equipment to do to maximum efficiency. Unfortunately, this equipment takes up too many of the machinery 'slots', meaning that you have to compromise on dairy farming efficiency (and income) or lose some of your arable farming equipment.

It seems that machinery 'slots' and worker numbers are limited due to memory constraints on the Xbox. If I'd known how much of an impact this would have on the game, I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. These limits have ruined the game for me personally and I can't really be bothered to play it any more because because it is too time consuming to do everything myself.

The game's physics in respect to trees, people and cars are rather strange but farming during the in-game night time is too difficult because it's almost impossible to see where you're driving; the vehicles lights are woefully inadequate.

I would have gladly given this game 5 stars within the first couple of weeks of playing but the limitations that have become so much of a problem as you progress, really take the shine off it, hence the 3 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps him happy, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
My son bought this and to be honest I'm surprised it hasn't worn out because he plays it so often.

4.0 out of 5 stars not the same as pc, 12 Oct 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this game to fill time until the titanium add-on came out for the pc version. It's more basic than the pc version and has less machinery also it employs a system of slots and each machine you buy takes up between 1 and 3 slots, this is to do with the limitations of the consoles ram I believe. I would recommend it if you computer isnt up to the task of running the pc version but if it is just get the titanium add-on off the farming simulator website as there's more machinery and features. I don't understand why rate it one star when they bought the wrong version?! Overall it's not bad the pc version is better for serious farming with mods but the console version is fine for casual farming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this game the day it came out. I had played the the game on PC before and loved it then, but on xbox it's even better.. Hours of fun and never gets boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant port to the xbox, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I like my simulator games and have played many. I have never played one on the xbox though and was delighted when I saw Farming Sim was coming out on consoles! I have played both Farming sim 2011 and 13 on PC and loved it. This version plays really well and has a good control scheme. The graphics are a tad dated but nothing that will make you dizzy. The sound is quite good and the farm/(S) have an aray of sounds going off. Birds, tractors and cattle, plus moving traffic. I have to say this game is pretty neat. I love it and cant wait until they add more content. There was supposed to be a multiplayer portion of the game so you could play co-op with your friends. It isnt on disc, and from what I have heard, it should be being patched in soon.

If you like simulation games, you'll love this game. If you prefer call of duty, you aint going to get any Kill streaks or KDR's here baby.

10/10.

More games like this on console please!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its fun to begin with but gets boring and is too limited!, 29 Sep 2013
T. Hunt (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
When I first got this game it was fun, sowing and harvesting, etc. But now its getting boring mostly because Giants Software have conned us into thinking we're going to get the same game as the PC version but it isn't the same, its basically a cut-down version which definitely isn't worth the price.

They say that because the Xbox 360 and PS3 are "weak systems" they can't make it work like the PC version, personally I think this is just a pathetic excuse, they just can't be bothered to program it properly. We get limits on what we can do, only hiring 3 workers at a time for instance, this means that having more than half a dozen fields is difficult to manage.

We also only get 120 slots to store purchased equipment, also making it nigh on impossible to managed more than a few fields.

The in-game descriptions are a bit confusing, in one place the crops are referred to as wheat, barley, canola, corn, somewhere else it will be wheat, barley, rape, maize - not helpful if you don't know what is what.

The descriptions for the different equipment is as bad, it doesn't tell you what can be attached to what or how to use it, meaning you spend cash buying something only to find you can't attach it to your tractor, or the trailer you buy won't work with the chaff harvester.

My biggest problem at the moment is the inconsistency of certain things, the trailer I'm using will work perfectly one mine on a specific field, then the next it won't fit under the harvester pipe so you can't empty it, its annoying.

I wouldn't recommend this game as it stands, if you can get it really cheap then it might be worth a look, if you don't like driving up and down all the time don't bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and different., 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this for my brother as a birthday present and he hasn't stopped playing it!

It may sound like the worlds most boring game but it really isn't.

Having to harvest your fields, and regrow crops gets quite addictive after a while.

You can also expand your farm by buying new fields and equipment.

If you are into strategy games and want something a little different that doesn't take an age to learn or require your full attention, then you cannot go wrong with Farming Simulator.

I recommend looking online at game play videos before buying it if you are in any doubt. This is the next best thing to actually playing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farming Mad!, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I like sim games and this is no exception. If you're the patient, strategic-type (which I assume you are as you're searching this game) then this is for you. In the early moments it can be a tad frustrating, but with a little research, skill, and perseverance you can soon be on your way to reapying the huge debt you will undoubtedly a-mass. The only negative I found on the X-Box version is that the 'Sat-Nav' info screen in the bottom left is a little difficult to fully manipulate, and the writing on it is tiny which makes it difficult to read the figures. The map is almost nonsensical when fully zoomed out.

This aside, I can see myself playing this and plugging away for a long while. With additional mods in time, and as the equipment you own expands, this game has a decent amount of longevity in it.

Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360)