Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Format: SportsChange

on 1 November 2014
I have owned this product for almost one year now and I feel in good position to share my feedback today. Before purchasing this product, I had been been an owner/user of a similar product, Golfsense. Though I have been always happy with Golfsense, the amount of data was quite limited. I wanted more data (e.g.. angle of attack). After reading so many good reviews on the Swingbyte 2 e on websites, I ordered the item and received after only few days. Also instructions are clear and the device easy to connect with an Iphone/android device. So far the experience had been good. It is when you want to use it that problems arise. The first one is that the device his unable to send to my iphone/android all my swings . You have to keep your iphone/android at a short distance of the device (here it means concretely that I could only do 1/2 or 2/4 swings to keep the connection. If I did full swings the device was too far away of my iphone/android and lost the connection. The second problemis that it is impossible to charge the battery my device at 100%. Despite many tries, it stayed at 65% and lost its battery rapidly. I contacted the customer service who instead of providing a new device, has developed a strange - but apparently very efficient . tactic to get rid of customers who have problems with their devices. They ask questions about almost anything about your setup. if you reply them, they keep asking you questions. but never send you a new device and keep asking questions until you are fed up and give up your request for help. I am very unhappy about it. So to summarize: swingbyte 2 is theoretical a good device, the problem come with usage and with their customer service. I do not use it anymore and would not recommend it to anyone.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Parts fell off but good support from usa, new part delivered but product still requires further development software good but system does not use front cam on ipad, so you cant see the results from where you play the shot
on 20 August 2014
Twists on the club for centre and off centre shots, rendering all but the most basic data useless. The USB cover comes loose as well.
Pity because the app is good, the website is good - uploads shot automatically, the data set is good, the connection is reliable and there is no time out between shots. Until this is fixed you are better off watching the ball flight and paying to use a trackman with a pro once a month or so.
on 5 April 2015
It lasted 10 strokes and then it exploded on the shaft and broke in to pieces. Found them way out on the parking lot behind my back - after searching everywhere for about one hour.

To bad because the app, webpage and the software funnctionality is fantastic.

Potentional buyers just have to wait untill the hardware is upgraded to match the software. In my opinion that means that the attachment mechanism has to be totally redesigend, and better quality materials selected.

The pieces left of my Swingbyte 2 is returned for refund, and I have ordered Swing Smart Duo instead. Boring design on both the app and the unit, but it gets good reviews on both durability and acurate data output. In the end - that is what counts the most. Swing Smart also has a training mode (registers swings without a real ball impact), which Swingbyte 2 lacks.
review image
on 26 October 2013
I like the ease of use with the Swingbyte 2. I had a Swingbyte 1 and they have looked at and addressed a lot of the faults. Customer service from Swingbyte is excellent and the follow up through Amazon was very quick when I had any issues any questions or difficulties with using the unit.
If you want to improve your golf and are on a budget I think the value for money is really good. Its not perfect but what do you expect for £150.
I will be recommending keen golfing friends who are going to practice at home or at a range over the winter to get one
on 17 March 2014
It is a very good system for knowing the launch conditions of the ball you've just hit.
The main caveat with it is that you have to hit a ball for it to have some numbers for you. So mainly for use on a driving range etc.
The functions that it has are very useful and pretty and the numbers are not too far off from a launch monitor.
I am a nerd and love the numbers but would have been better off using the money to pay for lessons. Probably a better tool for a teacher than a student.
on 28 July 2013
The LED's need to be in the shade to see ie covered with a jacket,the whole unit twist's on the golf shaft if the ball isn't clipped off the grass(the rubber that is on the swing byte isn't tacky enough),the usb cover which is also the alignment aid shakes loose every other shot and one of the rubber hinges ripped after 403 shots,it doesn't work with your putter from 6ft.
The whole point of one these devices is to give you accurate info on your swing if the unit moves all the time how accurate can this info be?
It sync's with the bluetooth ok its good too to see your swing isn't as bad as you thought but with all these faults its a waste of money.
Don't pay to be a beta tester wait for swing byte 3 or buy one of the other swing analysers with good reviews!
on 26 May 2014
Having researched & owned different GSAs - this is currently the best personal Golf Swing Analyzer available. (iMO)
The new APP is very intuitive & easy to use - on the iPad. The iPhone version of the APP is good for recording swings - but not for analysis (stick to iPad for the latter). Connection & setup is a walk in the park.

Experienced sporadic loss of connection & app tends to stall at times - but nothing too irritating. (no more than any of the other GSAs if tried)

Overall a brilliant piece of kit if you understand the dynamics of a Golf Swing - hence can interpret swing data & self correct/teach. Personally using it to work on swing plane, swing speed, face to path etc. - for which it works spot on. Specially useful are the different view angles, with a 3D view as well - where you can do 360 views. Highly recommended.
on 1 April 2014
Firstly, I purchased a Swingbyte2 from another supplier who refunded the whole price due to the issue I will highlight below.
The general build quality is fine, however, keeping the device secured to the club shaft was the reason I returned it. For the first few swings it stayed in place, and the results of each swing appeared immediately on my Android tablet. Initially I was quite excited, as it certainly beats having to fiddle with video playback. The figures produced were very similar to much more expensive bits of kit, and the software was excellent. However, by the end of the first one hour session, the device would move after every shot. I tried all sorts of ways to keep it stable, but alas, I failed miserably.
I would certainly purchase this again if stability could guaranteed, but I just can't see how it could be achieved.
on 21 July 2014
Bought for husband. Software great but badly let down by the shaft clip attachment breaking which was part of a redesign in this version 2. Couldn't see the same would happen again if replaced, so returned and now purchased SkyPro.

See one answered question