on 11 September 2013
I have always been a fan of 'Father Brown' and, even though I know the stories I watch every TV programme and listen to the radio editions and to own the book, which I haven't been able to read for a long time. I would recommend to everyone who likes crime stories but doesn't want too much blood and sensation.
on 4 February 2014
you can`t go wrong with the price.
A nice little introduction
and a great companion to BBC 1 daytime series.As I write a further 15 are to be filmed later this year(2014) around the Cotswolds,ENGLAND
on 9 May 2014
Having watched the TV series i bought this book and found some fascinating stories - takes a while to get used to the flowery language of Chesterton but a lot of stories for your money
on 27 January 2014
A very gentle compelling read. The characters, but especially Father Brown are all beautifully portrayed and so easily 'seen'.Thoroughly enjoyable and presented in bite size piececs.
on 6 February 2014
Jolly good stories,a bit churchy at times, rather old fashioned but nevertheless most enjoyable, good
value too ! buy it !
on 31 January 2014
These books are a great read and the village murders and happenings are so well written you think you are there ..
on 20 December 2013
Old fashioned,easy reading whodunits with some nice twists. Very much of the period. Remember watching old series with Kenneth Moore.
on 23 September 2013
The wife is the reader not me and she loves these titles. I have watched it on TV and they are fairly good.
on 21 July 2014
I read these stories when I was a teenager and the recent TV series prompted me to buy this book for my Kindle. I'm enjoying them but rationing them so they'll last. They are of their time but so what ! My husband is new to Father Brown but is enjoting them too.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2014
Enjoyable read enjoy this genre so
Can assure you that disappointment
Will not follow recommend