5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Oh my goodness, how much do I love this series? I'm a one flailing fangirl shipping Rose and Noah so hard!

Published on 27 Jun. 2013 by Danielle @ What Danielle Did Next

3.0 out of 5 stars Borderline..
I seem to be developing something of an obsession with the Amish - whether it's the fascination with living without technology, their close knit communities or their intricate rituals I'm not completely sure, but I did enjoy the first book in this series, Temptation in particular as it dealt with what an 'outsider' has to go through to join their community...
Published on 28 July 2013 by Kat

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 Jun. 2013

In Temptation, the course of forbidden love never ran smooth and now in Belonging everything is out in the open but unfortunately for Rose and Noah it doesn't mean an easier time. Now the hard work begins as Rose says goodbye to her old life to embrace the Amish lifestyle. Leaving her family, her friends, formal education, modern conveniences and freedom behind, Rose is plunged into her new world with plenty of icy cold shocks. Will the love of Noah be enough to fill the gap left in her heart?

I seriously loved Temptation, I adored the romance between Rose and Noah, it was so sweet, laced with both innocence and passion. In Belonging, their romance becomes "real" in that they finally must embrace the pressures that come with the many rules and customs of the Amish community. Rose barely has time to breathe in her new adopted home before she faces a firing squad of Church elders all with their demands (and threats) for her to toe the line or say goodbye to Noah forever.

I really admired Rose throughout this book. She literally entered another world, far different from her own. Living with a strange family, not being allowed to even look at Noah until the church elders said it was okay, partaking in back breaking work with only minor complaint, I really felt that she grew in this book. At times it angered me that Noah didn't always give her credit for her sacrifices, if Rose grumbled about her chores when weary he almost jumped down her throat accusing her of not being truly committed to her new life. Rose at times almost seemed more Amish than Noah when it came to handling their relationship, you could feel her terror at being caught if they got close whereas Noah seemed all too happy to risk exposure for a stolen kiss.

Noah was very much a ball of hormones in Belonging. It was clear just how frustrated he was at being so close to Rose and still no where near the marriage he ached for. The age difference between the two was more significant and noticeable as Rose settled into her Amish routine and clearly enjoyed having a mother and father who looked after her and protected her.

Their love grew beyond the childish infatuation into something more consuming and mature throughout the book. The intense kisses and stirring emotions are countered by the work that needs to be put in to make a relationship last, it is no longer just Rose and Noah...It's Rose and Noah and the world.

I loved the exploration into the Amish community and how we see a darker side. It's not all pure and rosy and despite appearances, the people are just as much human and prone to temptation and mistakes. I was shocked at times to see just how much. I enjoyed meeting the new characters introduced especially Summer, Suzanna and Miranda. This book is definitely heavier thematically and there were some uncomfortable moments that really saddened me and made me love the characters even more.

Just when things finally seem to be going right for the couple there is always someone to try and pull them apart and there were one or two incidents that really shocked and sickened me.At times I forgot just how young they were, on the whole they handled all that was thrown at them with a grace and maturity I found admirable so when things went really wrong I was frustrated with how willingly they accepted the manipulations of those around them.

The last 20% of the book tore me apart and I was freaking out for how things would end up. The final outcome was slightly predictable but it set up book three in a way that I am aching to find out what happens next. I tweeted "who do I have to bang to get book three?" after finishing and no joke...deadly serious lol!

Amazing, loved it -

Belonging was heartfelt, compelling, beautifully written and a worthy sequel to Temptation!

3.0 out of 5 stars Borderline.., 28 July 2013
Kat (Netherlands) - See all my reviews

Essentially the story of what one teenage girl, Rose, goes through as she tries to become Amish to be with her boyfriend, Noah, Belonging takes the story begun in Temptation and turns up the seriousness and intensity as Rose battles to find her place in a community where she will seemingly always be considered an outsider.

I liked Rose in Temptation, but in retrospect it was mostly because she was a bit of a lost soul in search of her place in life after the death of her mother. In Belonging, however, I started to develop a strong need to shake some sense into her as I was never completely convinced that a) being Amish nor b) being with Noah was what she really wanted. In fact, in places she almost admits that what she has with Noah is nothing more than an intense crush, stating that she only felt the attraction to him when she was with him. As for Noah, I understand that the restrictions of the community meant that he couldn't be with Rose as much as he wanted to be, but even when he was with her, it never felt like genuine love and at one point he practically calls her a slut. Not cool dude, whatever your background.

There are new characters introduced in Belonging, which was good for the story-line particularly as there are some darker themes explored through those characters but none of them are extremely memorable.

Told in three perspectives, that of Rose, Noah and Rose's brother Sam, again I liked the family involvement and particularly the banter between Rose and Sam on the rare moments that Rose was actually with her own family. The one family character that I didn't understand was Tina - sure, she was trying to be supportive of Rose, but a three week 'trial' of living with the Amish rather rapidly turned into four months without any kind of intervention.

And just when I thought the book was heading towards a more palatable conclusion, there is of course the twist and the cliffhanger that I had a suspicion was lurking in the background, just waiting for its opportunity to jump out.

Overall, Belonging was a unique story with a bunch of characters that didn't always go in the direction I expected, but there were also a lot of frustrations, particularly as at several points I really didn't find the characters very logical in their decision making.

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful and compelling tale of a young couple in love, and the people that are trying to tear them apart. Highly recommended, 28 April 2013
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to
This is book 2 in the `Temptation' series, and kicks off where book 1 `Temptation' ended.
**Warning - some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 `Temptation' (ie: like the fact that Rose and Noah are still together)**
Having made the decision to join the Amish community in order to be with her Amish boyfriend, Rose now has to get used to her new plain life, and all the new rules and laws that come with it. The Amish aren't exactly making this easy for her, but thankfully a few key people are supporting her which she desperately needs.

Just because Rose and Noah are trying to build a relationship, doesn't mean that everyone else is helping too. Rose's father and brothers are still expecting her to come home, and are unhappy when it seems that she's not budging, and there are several members of the Amish community who are trying to put a spanner in the works too.
Can Rose and Noah really be together? Will Rose take the next step and become fully Amish for him? And how long can a relationship work, when people are trying to tear it apart?

Beautiful and un-put-down-able, this story is one hell of a rollercoaster ride through Amish customs, and one girl's undying love for her Amish boyfriend.

I was really excited when I saw this book on Netgalley because I was so interested to find out what would become of Noah and Rose, and how Rose would manage living an Amish life. Book 1 raised some serious questions for me about Rose and Noah's relationship, and by half-way through this instalment, these same questions were raised again. How could Noah seriously expect Rose to give up everything to become Amish to be with him, when he was willing to give up... nothing? Even after Rose has made such huge sacrifices; given up her family, her friends, her home, her way of life, and even her clothes, watch, and shoes, Noah seems unwilling to give up anything, which gives me serious worries over the longevity of their relationship - how long will it be before Rose resents the fact that she is the only one to have made sacrifices for this relationship?

Anyway, there isn't really a lot of romance in this instalment, as most of the time Rose and Noah are kept separated for some reason or another. When they are together things are emotionally heated though, and it is obvious that they feel real passion for each other. It's this passion and longing that keep the tension in the story, and keep you desperately reading to find out what will happen next!
Rose and Noah both seem to love each other, and it seems to be constantly other people's interfering that messes with their relationship, it's good to see how difficult it is for people to keep them apart though, and good to see what happens after the `love at first sight'. Even against the odds I kept routing for Rose and Noah to somehow find a way to make their relationship work, as it seemed unfair how difficult it was for them to be together.

We got a bit more of an insight into the Amish way of life in this instalment which was interesting, and it was easy to see where Rose might have difficulties with the lifestyle, and difficulties realising that her own wedding would be a sullen and dull affair - something difficult for any girl to accept. Again though, it seemed that Noah thought that Rose would become Amish and love it, and it was a little difficult to accept that he thought that this was easy for Rose.

I really liked the storyline in this book, and I thought that the whole Amish thing was dealt with really well. The problems between Noah and Rose were not going to be easily solved, but I really hope that the possible light at the end of the tunnel comes through for them.
The ending of this book was pretty messed up, with Rose regretting some decisions that she made, and a massive cliff-hanger for us to think over until the next book comes out! (I want it now!)
Overall; a beautiful and compelling tale of a young couple in love, and the people that are trying to tear them apart. Highly recommended.
8.5 out of 10.

Belonging (A Temptation Novel, Book 2)