5.0 out of 5 stars Overwhelmingly catchy and positive
Published 5 months ago by Charybdis

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed at first, but gets better the more you play it.
Published 13 months ago by G. Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Overwhelmingly catchy and positive, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Nexus (MP3 Download)
I was thinking of giving this only four stars because of the growling vocals, which I'm never quite sure about, but I couldn't bring myself to do it because I've been listening to these songs solidly ever since I got them (several months ago), and can't get enough of the catchy melodies and positive energy that radiates from them. I'd say some highlights for me are 'Afterlife', 'The Nexus', 'Infinity' and 'Hunger' - these are really fun, affirming songs with a heavy-metal edge, that make you want to get up and go. Definitely a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Follow up album, 29 Mar 2013
B. Hailes - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nexus (MP3 Download)
Was skeptical when I first heard the new track, but decided to get the album anyway and dont regret it, the songs are punchy and catchy (even chessey on one track), one track has some nice dirty kick drums, the mixing of this is nice, every element is nicely balanced which is a rarity on some groups albums these days, I do recommend people at least give the album a listen, you may just find your self being surprised by this

5.0 out of 5 stars A band at the top of there game, 20 Nov 2013
what can i say about this album apart from great vocals great drumming and brilliant guitar both chorus and lead would recommed this to anyone who loves metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Nexus (MP3 Download)
I recently bought their debut album "Amaranthe" a short while ago to.

Nice fast paced electronic rock with an interesting mix of gruff male growls, a male vocalist and a female vocalist which gives a strange but good harmony. Check out the samples for the songs on the album, there are no hidden surprises with them what you hear is what you get, becoming a firm favourite band of mine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed at first, but gets better the more you play it., 1 July 2013
G. Miller (Faversham, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nexus (Audio CD)
I like the first album "Amaranthe" (Amaranthe ) but this one was a slow starter. It's all well played but the first few are samey and went by in a blur. There are some more distinctive songs scattered about the album and played in short bursts you may well be impressed. The poppy "Electroheart" is just too silly for me though, and has cost this review one star. The songs are catchy but quite short, the title track is just over three minutes and that includes a sound effects intro.

So to sum up... Upbeat, disposable fun. This won't be on your repeat-play list

The Nexus