4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and powerful cleaner.
I received mine this morning and gave it a try.
It was simple to assemble the handle to the cleaner.
I went round downstairs, living room and kitchen and it certainly has a powerful suction.
Quite a bit of dust and cat hairs was collected even though I had been round the day before with my old now retired Dyson.
I find that because all the weight of...
Published 22 days ago by Strat

3.0 out of 5 stars vax mmmmm
it does what it says on the box but I wish now I'd just replaced my dyson! I find it difficult to hold the handle and push it without getting a sore hand. It's a real pain having to take the hose out of the bottom, handle out of the top and find the right end to assemble it before using it. The dyson was/is one quick and easy move from a flat floor to using tools on...
Published 7 months ago by Maureen Woodward

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Vax U88-AMM-P Air Max Pet Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
What a wonderful machine

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful vacuum, 14 July 2014
GT (Dorset U/K) - See all my reviews
I bought this model to replace my previous Vax turbo as this one was lighter and more agile I have two cats so opted for the pets model I found it to be very powerful just what was required and the rotating adaptor head is perfect for the stairs the only fault I found is that the top of the handle (where the extension tube fits) is most uncomfortable to the palm of your hand to the point that I wear a glove whilst using the vacuum otherwise very pleased

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 July 2014
No place to store turbo brush.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little flimsy, 30 Jun 2014
This machine is relatively light and it does have a lot of good points, but there is the odd negative aspect too. Some say it is a Dyson beater. Well for me, that is no great recommendation as iv'e never thought much of them. It certainly has plenty of suck and demonstrably picks up far more than most. It is relatively easy to manouvre and the dirt container is as large as most people might need. At it's RRP it would be expensive but at 120 ish i think it is good value for money. Well see what the reliability is like, but at least it has a 6 year guarantee from a trustworthy company, so it should be fine.
In essence a good machine which if you don't pay full price is, in my opinion value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sucker, 21 Jun 2014
After we had used our Dyson on the carpet and shampooed it with the VAX carpet shampooer we bought this VAX vacuum cleaner. Ran it over the carpet and was amazed how much dirt was sucked out of the clean carpet. We filled the dust collector up on just the lounge carpet. Best I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 20 Jun 2014
MarmiteMan (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
1 - it works!
2 - it is powerful!
3 - it does the job!
4 - it looks pretty cool!
5 - shall use it often!

How much more can one review a vacuum-cleaner, however good it may be ...?!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Vax Cleaner, 2 Jun 2014
The suction is excellent but the design also sucks! There is so much bending required to connect the various bits & pieces I find that I have to keep stopping to take a break. I have arthritis so that is partly to blame, but the designer of this cleaner could take a leaf out of the book used by Dyson's designer. It is also heavy to push and I don't find it cleans up to the walls without using the crevice tool. Overall a disappointment to me

4.0 out of 5 stars U88-AMM-P Air3 Max Pet Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 27 May 2014
Happy with the Vax hoover! So far so good! Good suction power! Cleans up well! Would purchase again, if required! Thank-You! Sue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Lightweight - Carpets are Now Like New!, 20 May 2014
pj murphy (Paignton Devon U.K.) - See all my reviews
On the day of delievery, I reluctantly (with gritted teeth and with ear defenders on - animals running for cover) vacuumed using the dreaded Morphy Richards hoover that was only 2.5 years old which had cost me over a couple of hundred squid, the carpet looked ok, but I knew this hoover has never been up to the task of geting the carpet and sofa free of dog and cat hair even though it was over 2000 watts and classed as a Hepa cyclonic pet hoover, the only thing cyclonic about it was the thundering noise it made and the black plastic marks it left on the skirting boards a bit like tyre tracks!
Then, came the knock at the door, the new Vax was here! I immediately whipped it out of the box, no instructions with it but hey it is very simple to understand, plugged it in and off I went. OMG, I could not believe the difference and the amount of dust the old one had not sucked up. I was very close to replacing all of the carpets, but my carpets looked like new again. This Vax lifted all the pile up again. I am in no doubt that the old one had been bashing th pile to death and trapping the dust. So thanks Vax, you have saved me a couple of thousand squid on not having to replace the carpets ;+)

This Vax is lightweight, and the suction is unbelievable. I have had many vacuum cleaners including some very expensive ones, and have tried many different Dyson models too including the ball one which my friend has (though the ball is now broken as the plastic has become brittle), this Vax is certainly a whole lot better. Other vacumms claim tthat they clean right up to the edge of the skirting boards which in my experience they don't, but this Vax certainly does! Gone are the tiny bits of residue Bonio's, cat claws and dust which with previous machines I always had to attach the the crevice tool, but I know longer need to do that as this Vax gets in super tight and the suction just gobbles everything up.

Pro's:
Really easy to empty
Certainly does not lose any suction
Easy to maintain
Easy to store
Long power cord (I only have to plug it into one power source as it easily reaches around the whole of my bugalow where previous machinesI had to plug them intoat least 3 around the property)
Works like a dream on short and medium pile carpets
Nice long hose & turbo tool
6 year guarantee (so if it does go wrong you simply get another one - or replacement part for FREE!) Don't forget to register it!

Cons:
It did take a little bit of getting used to as I have been used to the normal forward and backward movement, but this works easily with the continuous forward movement.
Not too sure how it would work on very thick deep piled carpets
Componants feel a little bit cheap, but again, it has a 6 year guarantee (so if it does go wrong you simply get another one - or replacement part for FREE!)

Super Pro: The price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 14 May 2014
Very powerful, definitely suitable for our 3 dogs and their hair! Long hose,good for stairs. Takes a bit of getting used to as steering is hard work to begin with, but head fits under sofa, beds etc without removing hose and using separate tools. On the downside, it's quite cheap looking and feels fragile, however the long guarantee means that should all be covered. Would recommend to others.