5.0 out of 5 stars Peach wine kit
Excellent product, very easy to follow instructions and delicious wine at the end (although I struggled to get 6 bottles out of the demijohn without disturbing the must. However I have found that quite common with most home-brew kits).

Published 5 months ago by Lyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Young's Wine Kit – Definitive Black Cherry
First impression:
Published 2 months ago by Steph

5.0 out of 5 stars Peach wine kit, 11 Feb 2014

Would definitely buy this again and would recommend it to friends, although I think they are rather hoping I will just supply them with the ready made article! ;-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Young's Wine Kit – Definitive Black Cherry, 21 May 2014
First impression:
The kit contains everything to conjure a batch of 4.5 litres of wine (except of course the necessary hardware and sugar). The juice concentrate seems to be of quite a high quality, fragrant and a nice dark colour. All other ingredients like the yeast, stabiliser and finings are in sachets under the lid. This is my first kit brew so I will probably add to this review later on as the process continues. The instructions are on the other side of the label and are clear, they could be more elaborate on what specific gravities to expect instead of giving some ballpark figure just for sweetening.

Deviation of the Recipe:
I did deviate a bit from the recipe, as there was already +/- 4 litres of must in the fermenter I decided to top things up directly to 4.5 litres in order to be able to do some measurements. The initial instructions is to start the fermentation and then top up to 4.5 litres after the first 3 days.

Data of the batch:
Start date of the batch was Wednesday 21st and I had the following measurements:
Room temperature: 22C
Must temperature: 24C
Density: 91OE which converts to an SG of 1.092 @ 20C
From that I calculated a possible alcohol percentage of approximately 12% (12.42 to be precise) so no chapitalisation was needed.

Materials used:
Speidel 12 litres fermenter with airlock and spigot
A 40 cm spoon for stirring
A hydrometer 0-130 OE + 250cc test cylinder
Sanitation fluid (Potassiummetabisulphite and citric acid solved in water)
A measuring cup
A pot to cook water and dissolve the sugar in.

Added ingredients:
450 grams (16 Oz for the dinosaurs) of ordinary white granulated sugar.

First results:
According to the instructions, the must should start to ferment within 12 hours, so I might update this review pretty soon. The Speidel fermenter is nice and compact and now sits in my study under my desk. Warm and dark without direct sunlight.

Rating:
3 stars, as the quality seems to be correct but the product has it weaknesses in the instructions. It seems to do what it is expected to do. I might add stars later on as the proof of the wine is in the tasting of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Youngs Country Definitive Elderflower Wine Kit 6 Bottle, 14 May 2014
D. J. Tutton (Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Youngs Country Definitive Elderflower Wine Kit 6 Bottle
Good kit with simple plain instructions. I have finished making this kit now and it has produced 6 bottles of very palatable elderflower wine.