4.0 out of 5 stars Great value laptop
This laptop has dropped £20 since I purchased it so it's even better value now. I looked around at different laptops in the retail world and this was the only one which didn't have a 'bouncy' keyboard at this price range (some of the well known brands are like trampolines). In fact this machine is top quality in terms of build- very solid and sturdy. I think I read in...
Published on 30 Jun. 2013 by Dublinia

3.0 out of 5 stars Good hardware marred by Windows 8
The laptop itself (wash my mouth! I mean "Lifebook") is good. It boots up quickly and performs well. Given a decent operating system, this would be an excellent computer.

I am retired and I use this for leisure activities rather than work. Therefore, I have the luxury of not having to get stressed when Windows 8 informs me on boot-up that it is...
Published 24 months ago by Ron Tocknell

4.0 out of 5 stars An okay laptop., 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH532 15.6-inch Laptop (black) - Intel Core i5-3230M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz) 4GB RAM, 500GB hard disk, DVDRW SM, Intel HD graphics 4000, Intel Centrino N2230 802.11b/g/n WLAN, Bluetooth v4.0, HD webcam, Windows 8 64-bit (Personal Computers)
Well, there's not much to say, is there? The specifications are already listed in the description and this laptop has all that the description promises.

It's well made, looks nice. However, the frosted plastic looking does seem quite cheap.

Great computer for that price.

3.0 out of 5 stars too slow..., 12 Sept. 2013
B. Du-cille - See all my reviews
impressive specification but why so slow (maybe 30 secs to boot up; 10 secs for internet - firefox - to open; programs not responding; etc.)??
I use this laptop for work (school teacher) using the school server. It is even slower at school. Perhaps the massive GB allotment to the D Drive is a factor? I have no idea. Overall it is OK. I can settle for it since I did not want to spend loads of money on a product.
The touch pad is large enought and duly sensitive enough to get in the way when typing: a palm making contact sends the cursor and type being entered to another part of the screen or text.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 Sept. 2013
the laptop is bright and clear, it is very fast and has all that I need. the build quality is very good, very happy so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little laptop, 9 Sept. 2013
I have had it for a few months now and it has been working fine i find it quick and its simple for plugging hdmi in to the tv.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little laptop, 4 Sept. 2013
Does what it says on the box in a neat package. What more can you say about a laptop? Struggled with Windows 8 but that is not the laptops fault!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, 3 Sept. 2013
I am very pleased with this laptop. It has nice speed although I chose to upgrade the ram to 8gb which only cost me £30. Good sound quality, weight and build. I am not a big fan of Windows 8 but that has nothing to do with the laptop itself. I would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 31 Aug. 2013
This was excellent value for money and after returning my HP laptop because of numerous faults I didn't know what to buy. My son in law recommended this to me and it performs very well. The best thing I find about it is that Fujitsu have an APP which turns your screen back into a 'windows 7' type so all the old favourites are still there. Would recommend this highly

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, 29 Aug. 2013
M. Martin - See all my reviews
I bought this as a replacement for an ageing laptop and so far so good. It is very quick to boot both from off and standby due to the Windows 8. I added extra memory which has further improved the performance. OK the screen is not the best i have ever seen but it is OK.

4.0 out of 5 stars window 8 is quite annoying, 22 July 2013
The computer is great, at its price. It is fast in general and can run a few games smoothly. Screen is not perfect but it is a budget laptop so I will not complain. One major annoying issue is that it comes with Window 8. I am not moaning about its navigation (which is NOT the most intuitive) but about the automated updating/reconfiguring when I start-up my computer from cold and it happens every now and then. So I will need to wait 10-15 min before I can actually use it, when it happens, it is very annoying. If I can choose to do the reconfiguring before shut-down, it would have been much better.

So full 4 stars for Fujitsu, 0 star for Window 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good deal for a very good laptop!, 5 Jun. 2013
I must say that I am extremely happy with this laptop, which was a real bargain at the price. Its intel core i5 and 4 GB DDR3 RAM is more than adequate both for my work and personal needs. Another great feature is yhe plethora of USB ports: 3 USB 3.0! and one USB 2.0 (that can be configured to charge your mobile phone even when the laptop is off).
Up to now, I have had no problems with this excellent laptop. My only (minor) irritation is with Windows 8, which will take some getting used to.
All in all, a great choice! Thank you, Amazon!