5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic upgrade for laptop.
I installed this into my Lenovo Y500 as the only thing holding the performance back was the hard drive. As this is mSATA, I was able to install it without removing the stock hard drive,
Published 8 months ago by J. Marshall

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned
Did not worked with my Drobo mini or Drobo 5N. It was tried out on both but always failed to work
Published 8 months ago by LUIS CUNHA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic upgrade for laptop., 5 Mar 2014
J. Marshall "Tib" (UK) - See all my reviews
It was pretty straight forward to remove the battery, back panel (little bit more fiddly, but there are guides online) and then insert the mSATA drive and fasten it down with the provided screws (it only took one of them on my system).

The next this I had to do was clone my OS onto the mSATA SSD, which was the more problematic part as I am running Win 8.1 and none of the guides that I found online (or the free software) supported cloning Win 8.1.

After 12 hours of very frustrating trial and error, I discovered 'Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14' which fully supports Win 8.1 and cloned the OS, configured everything for me automatically within half an hour. So I would say save yourself the massive headache I went through and just use this, as it works perfectly.

Now my laptop cold boots in 10 seconds, and wakes from 'sleeping' in 1 second. Other than this, many programs now run/load much faster as a result of this upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fast boot Times, 26 Mar 2014
Using this m-sata ssd as a boot drive for my Ubuntu Desktop server. Couldn't believe that it reduced my total boot time from 3 minutes 20 seconds to 12 seconds.

Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great for the money., 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Crucial CT240M500SSD3 240GB M500 mSATA 6Gb/s Internal SSD including Screws (Personal Computers)
I've had this for a couple of months and I am really pleased with it.

I have a Windows Hyper-V server and some of them run on a Sandisk Pulse SSD but space was getting short and the performance on SSDs drops off when they are rammed. Its a mini-ITX server with little space for more drives but the motherboard had an mSATA slot. Price wise there was little between the mSATA and a regular SSD and these are tiny like a SODIMM. Arrived fast, plugged into the "DIMM-style" mSATA slot and booted up and moved some of my VMs across.

Performance is awesome and seems to out perform the Sandisk Pulse, but I haven't benchmarked either to be sure. I wish I could have stretched to the 500GB but currently this is the sweet spot price/capacity wise. Made a big difference to the performance of my VMs coming off a 1TB 2.5" laptop drive, booting and opening apps is blinding, but some intensive disk writing like compiling code is only slightly quicker.

Still too expensive to be your only drive but this one is great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect match for my Zotac Zbox, 13 Mar 2014
fast, small, and enough volume. windows experience index on hard drive in Windows 7 is 7.9. strongly recommend for any small PC barebones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid state performer, 17 Aug 2014
Mike Renshaw (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Bought to be the main drive in a media centre system, based around an Intel NUC.

I needed something small enough to hold the Windows 7 OS, XBMC and some local files. The crucial drive was ideal for this and is very quick. Easily installed and setup, it's used daily and never had any performance issues. As there's no moving parts, then the drive is silent - which is something I wanted from the entire NUC system

Excellent price and performance.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and comparatively cheap SSD, 12 Nov 2014
REVIEW OF THE PRODUCT

The item is as described. A fast tiny little harddisk which has made my laptop gallop where it was merely trotting along. No complaints. It comes with screws and is easy to install. In case you aren't comfortable opening up your machine, I recommend downloading the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your laptop and carefully following the instructions. I would say Crucial has lived up to its reputation, and so has their product.

Below is the delivery review which you might want to skip unless you are using Amazon lockers.

REVIEW OF THE DELIVERY

Within two days of placing the order, the tracking system reported the order as having been delivered to the locker. But no code was emailed to me, till about a week afterwards. After many emails and phonecalls, the item was deemed 'lost in transit' and a replacement was sent. The replacement was delivered in about two days and I had the locker code the next day. But the whole process from the time of ordering took about 10 days. Sad, considering it could have been two days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crucial SSD., 25 April 2014
Richard Hill (Dept 64, France.) - See all my reviews
Product arrived on time, was well packaged, was easy to fit into the barebones computer I had bought and it works extremely well and silently. Beats the hell out of hard disk drives !!
No wonder Crucial has a very good reputation !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, 9 April 2014
Fitting the msatassd was simple and has transformed my laptop. Windows now boots in 12 seconds and applications and games load faster.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 Jun 2014
Gave me a bit of a headache to set up as the main boot drive, but got it up and running, and wouldn't go back to just use a HDD, vast improvement in performance. Has decent write speeds, and high read speeds. Was worth the bang for the buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars did the job, 30 April 2014
Easy to install, working as a charm and good price. Would recommend. Two screws come with it but did not need to use them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›