5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic upgrade for laptop.
I installed this into my Lenovo Y500 as the only thing holding the performance back was the hard drive. As this is mSATA, I was able to install it without removing the stock hard drive,
Published 4 months ago by J. Marshall

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned
Did not worked with my Drobo mini or Drobo 5N. It was tried out on both but always failed to work
Published 4 months ago by LUIS CUNHA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic upgrade for laptop., 5 Mar 2014
J. Marshall "Tib" (UK) - See all my reviews
It was pretty straight forward to remove the battery, back panel (little bit more fiddly, but there are guides online) and then insert the mSATA drive and fasten it down with the provided screws (it only took one of them on my system).

The next this I had to do was clone my OS onto the mSATA SSD, which was the more problematic part as I am running Win 8.1 and none of the guides that I found online (or the free software) supported cloning Win 8.1.

After 12 hours of very frustrating trial and error, I discovered 'Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14' which fully supports Win 8.1 and cloned the OS, configured everything for me automatically within half an hour. So I would say save yourself the massive headache I went through and just use this, as it works perfectly.

Now my laptop cold boots in 10 seconds, and wakes from 'sleeping' in 1 second. Other than this, many programs now run/load much faster as a result of this upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fast boot Times, 26 Mar 2014
Using this m-sata ssd as a boot drive for my Ubuntu Desktop server. Couldn't believe that it reduced my total boot time from 3 minutes 20 seconds to 12 seconds.

Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect match for my Zotac Zbox, 13 Mar 2014
fast, small, and enough volume. windows experience index on hard drive in Windows 7 is 7.9. strongly recommend for any small PC barebones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Crucial CT240M500SSD3 240GB M500 mSATA 6Gb/s Internal SSD including Screws (Personal Computers)
Gave me a bit of a headache to set up as the main boot drive, but got it up and running, and wouldn't go back to just use a HDD, vast improvement in performance. Has decent write speeds, and high read speeds. Was worth the bang for the buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars did the job, 30 April 2014
Easy to install, working as a charm and good price. Would recommend. Two screws come with it but did not need to use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crucial SSD., 25 April 2014
Richard Hill (Dept 64, France.) - See all my reviews
Product arrived on time, was well packaged, was easy to fit into the barebones computer I had bought and it works extremely well and silently. Beats the hell out of hard disk drives !!
No wonder Crucial has a very good reputation !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, 9 April 2014
Fitting the msatassd was simple and has transformed my laptop. Windows now boots in 12 seconds and applications and games load faster.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAST!, 31 Mar 2014
Wow, I can't believe how fast this puppy is! I popped it into my NUC and, even running Windows 7 (Not exactly known for fast boots), I go from POST to "on-screen and usable" in about 15 seconds. Linux was even faster, averaging around 11-12 seconds from POST to usable. I only wish I got the 480 Gigabyte one now! (I think that just might be my next purchase!)

The *only* caveat that I have with this is that if you're using it with the BOXD54250WYK3 NUC, you may need to flash the BIOS of the NUC if you want to do UEFI booting. I tried installing Ubuntu 13.10 and it wouldn't write to the HDD and I almost sent the HDD back thinking it was defective. After the BIOS update, everything was smooth sailing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my old Lenovo Y570, 27 Mar 2014
It is a very useful and great product. I was able to keep my old hard disk as well. After one week of using it I do not have any complain about it. Windows boots in about 15 second and Linux Mint in 10 seconds which is really awesome considering that when booting from my old hard disk it could have taken up to 3 minutes to fully boot into windows. By the way I am using Linux Mint 16 and Windows 8. Unfortunately, this ssd was not able to fix my Code 43 problem of the Nvidia Gt 555m Graphic card. But, this is not related at all, therefore, a great and robust product. You should definitely buy one without even thinking about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives an ageing laptop a performance boost., 17 Mar 2014
G. A. Wilkinson (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
I put this in my old Dell laptop with a 44-pin ide to Msata adapter and it has tripled the hard drive performance giving my Dell a new lease of life.

In short; it works great.