on 6 December 2013
Must buy! Does what it says. Unbelievable performance. Super fast new type of HDD. Read and write speeds way fast compare to other hdd usedd in the past. Loads windows 8.1 in no time really. All of my installations have completed in little or no time. Runs silent as no physical components. Very small, lightweight and very useful for many reasons. Can be installed anywhere in a case. Might need a mounting case to convert it to 3.5" to hold but in my case my new case came with one. You can still rest it on top of something else in the meantime if needed. Would recommend this for installations operating system, games and softwares you'll be regularly using to take full advantage of the super fast features
on 8 July 2014
Upgraded laptop from regular HDD, huge performance boost. Took over a minute and a half to boot but now does it in roughly 24 seconds, puts other people's more expensive systems to shame. Initially caused laptop to freeze occasionally but contacted crucial who were extremely helpful and got the issue sorted.
on 22 April 2014
made the world of difference to an older laptop which was becoming very slow and unwieldy to use
this give it a new lease of life,ran faster than the day it was bought and made it as good as a new laptop
for a fraction of the price of replacing the laptop
on 5 June 2014
Usual problem, HD died on my HP computer, cheap option was to buy another 500GB HD, opted for the SSD and cloud storage. 120GB is more than you need for your programmes, files store on Cloud. The SSD HD is fast running Win7, Win 8.1 boot up is very fast, I wonder how much faster it would be with a SSD
on 11 February 2014
Only been using the SSD for about a month now but it works perfectly. Doesn't feel quite as fast as my OCZ Vertex SSD but somehow feels more solid and snappy when opening apps. Less vague. It's hard to describe it but I'm sure SSD users will know what I mean.
on 4 July 2013
Very fast. I bought this purely the quietness. The difference between this and a normal hard disk in terms of sound level is as different as night and day. It is also much lighter than expected and (presumably) uses less power than a normal hard disk.

I didn't notice any speed boost because this is my second SSD :) I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has not yet upgraded to an SSD.
on 2 September 2013
I bought this to update an 18 month old laptop. Wanted an SSD to speed up boot times primarily - this did the job, and how! Booting up Win7 x64 from cold takes 20 seconds and waking up from hibernation is pretty much instantaneous. This might be 'old' technology now but its transformed my laptop. GREAT bit of kit from one of the masters of memory chip technology.
on 1 April 2014
...of a Christmas present well purchased.

My son built some ridiculous gaming computer and asked for an ssd...ok? So I read the reviews and chose this based on price and the other reviewers. Obviously I am not a tech person. Christmas morning this was the clear winner. He installed it immediately and then we all stood around and watched how incredibly fast the computer booted up.

It seemed easy enough. Install, drivers installed and then onto gaming. He can't stop raving about the speed.

I will update if there are any major changes. But I wanted to leave a mom's review that this was seemingly a great choice when asked to buy an SSD for a 16 year old gamer.
on 14 March 2016
I bought this SSD specifically because it has been demonstrated to be fully compatible with the buggy Nvidia MCP79 SATA controller in my 2009 Mac mini. The M500 will always run at full 3Gbps speed on the MCP79, whereas many other SSDs will default to their slowest speed of 1.5Gbps.

If you have an older Mac with the MCP79 SATA controller, this is the SSD to get. Any other SSD will work, but you're not guaranteed that it will run at the maximum speed of the SATA bus in your machine.
on 21 June 2014
So awesome, my Mac mini runs great after installing it. Great price, great read/write. Enough space for my bootcamp and OSX. And, for someone who had never installed such a thing before, it was quite easy, (if a bit scary) to install! I feel more confident playing around with hardware now. Great!