5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Nature!
Published 1 month ago by Sergei Ostroumov

3.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe... in the right conditions.
I am a fairly seasoned runner and understand that you need to run in a different style to get the most out of these. After doing about 50 miles I can say that off road these are the best shoes i have ever ran in. However if you like to do a mix of track and trail you might want to think again because these shoes are in no way built for hard surface running.
Published 12 days ago by David Footer

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Nature!, 13 Jun 2014
As a 54 year old, I've been running all my life, since the age of 6. I'd always believed that there was only one way to run - put on a pair of shoes or boots and do it - forgetting (until I saw a colleague 2 winters ago wearing wierd looking toed Vibram barefoot shoes) that there is an alternative. As kids how did we run on the beach or on those rare summer days outdoors when temperatures may have soared to 22 degrees? Of course we can run barefooted!
I decided to turn back to nature, did a little research and decided to give Vivobarefoot a try. One of my better decisions in recent years! I have just ordered a pair of Freaks for home use whilst I will leave my Breathos in the office.
To put it in a nutshell, barefoot running is great - it is faster, it is more kinetically efficient, and above all it is more enjoyable! There is a real enhanced sense of freedom - I am confident that this is not just novelty fooling our tired, jaundiced consumer senses.
But there are some points to consider. The first is shoe sizing. Whereas I firmly recommend taking one size larger with Salomon shoes, I do not support the assertions of some reviewers that Vivos are lasted on the small size. I checked with Isaac in SportshoesUnlimited - he advised taking my normal shoe size. Not only was he right but he was also prompt, professional and polite! However, the essence of barefoot running is the requirement to modify one's lifelong running style. This is not difficult but it does require some thought and application. Watch the videos and remember that posture (a much more upright attitude with a fixed, immobile head) is the very key. And follow the advice of those who know - ease into this new way to move gradually and progressively. I raced away doing 3 times the recommended introductory distance and suffered from chronic calf strain for over a week!
My Breathos are well made, they look good (I guess this matters), they feel good (much more important) and they handle off-road trails with ease where in the past my conventional road shoes performed like a dying juggernaut on slicks.
I just wish I could have had them 30 years ago. At least I will have them for the next 30!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable although smaller sizer then expected, 13 Jan 2014
very comfortable shoe for walking outdoor. However order one size up then usual, because the shoe sizes are small compared to normal sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dominated Tough Mudder., 21 Oct 2013
Doing Tough Mudder? Then buy these shoes!

Make sure you're a barefoot/minimalist runner first though.

I kept the insoles in for TM just to reduce space in the shoes for mud to get in. Otherwise take them out for extra ground feel when on your regular trail runs.

I only slipped over once on the whole 12 mile course and that was because the mud beneath me gave way. So, technically no slips at all when my team mates were sliding everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 26 Mar 2014
Changed to these from Merrel Trail gloves after the soles of my second pair wore out again.

Ordered half a size larger compared to the Trails gloves i.e. 10 vs 9.5 and they fit nicely.

The profile of the sole is quite distinct and on tarmac they do not feel like barefoot shoes at all. However, in the woods or on soft underground these changes and these shoes give you good traction whilst giving you the barefoot feel.

As a side note the blue on the picture is nicer/darker than in real life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to vibrams, 17 Jan 2014
I'm a big vibram fan and used to think all other brands where insuperior. I needed a good barefoot trail trainer for my runs around the scottish forests and for tough mudder coming up in June. Having had a few runs in them now through very muddy tracks and up water sogged hills - I would say these do the job magnificently.

The traction on these things are very good and the sensory feedback is comparable to vibrams. The added benefit is when needed for cold Scottish mornings is using smart wool socks and the removable inner sole - Can't do that for vibrams.

All in all very good barefoot product.

4.0 out of 5 stars My second pair, 12 July 2014
These are a smaller size than my previous pair. I took the advice from other reviews and these are a better fit. I took a star off because the laces on my last pair frayed and eventually broke. Plenty long enough to re-lace.

5.0 out of 5 stars epic, 12 July 2014
unbelievable grip, better than Salomon trail shoes! perfect fit and comfort, feels painted on. slow process learning new run technique but loving it. best shoes I ever bought,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Nice pair and receive more fast from day that was

3.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe... in the right conditions., 10 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit like a sock and so comfortable!, 13 Jun 2014
Amazing fit!

I went for my original size and glad I did because they fit amazing. The moment I put these shoes On I just wanted to run. I can't wait to dominate in them for tough mudder!