4.0 out of 5 stars Great But Had Niggles
Anker gave me this product free to test so that I can give my honest feedback.

I have had a number of Anker products to review recently and I have rated them all as 5 star products. This item is a brilliant idea, it is in essence a rechargeable battery that charges other items, such as my Android phone. The product is quite small and relatively lightweight...
Published 18 months ago by C. M. Cotton

3.0 out of 5 stars High speed, hefty charger, Doesn't charge iPad 2 and questions about the power.
First of all I think the brand name 'Anker' is more than illustrated here, as the thing weighs a ton like an anchor, mine also didn't look like the product illustrated in the Amazon product image, it is considerably wider with a silver strip around the edge and the blue lights on the front end. It should also be pointed out that this will not charge an iPad 2, which was...
Published 1 month ago by Smatch

‹ Previous | 1 2 399 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I <heart> Anker, 26 Oct 2014
This review is from: Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery with PowerIQ™ Technology 2-Port 3A Output Portable Charger Power Bank for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black) (Electronics)
I like Anker products. They're well made with high levels of attention to detail, represent good value for money, arrive in well thought out (and eco-friendly) packaging and Anker support is very good. This portable battery is no exception.

It's bigger than I expected (slightly longer than my iPhone 6 but not quite as wide) and feels heavy/solid in your hand. It's covered in a smooth plastic, which although makes it look very shiny and sleek, means it's not that great from a grip perspective...I've already dropped it once, so buyer beware. It'd be much better if it were covered with material that had a rubber-type feel to it, like a Veho portable battery I already have. So far, that's really the only downside.

I've only had this a couple of days but so far, am very pleased with it. I charged it overnight (the manual comes with estimations on charging time, based on the input voltage) and unplugged it the next morning, once fully charged. Something to note, however, is the instructions' advice to remove the power as soon as it is fully charged other wise risk limiting the battery's life. No idea if this is actually worth doing or not but at this price, I'm not going to lose any sleep over leaving this charging all night even though it doesn't take that long to fully charge.

It has a micro-USB input used to charge it, and 2 "IQ" USB outputs...the "IQ" basically meaning auto-voltage detection. I've only had this a couple of days but from fully charged, it juiced an iPad 2 from 49% to 91%, an iPhone 5 from 0% to 80% and an iPad mini from about 55% to 100% before it ran flat. Personally, I think this is pretty impressive and probably means you could get at least 3 or 4 iPhone charges out of it (and all those charges were at the same time).

The packaging is excellent and along with a very short (almost too short to be of any use) micro-USB cable, you get a rather nice 'string vest' type pouch. It's made of nylon but reminds me of the lattice-type foam that you sometimes see covering fruit in a supermarket.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this and at the price point, it's one of the best units at this capacity you can buy. Oh, and it also comes with an Anker 18mth warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with my purchase., 22 Aug 2014
A Smile and a Wave (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I’ve bought a number of products by Anker recently and all of them have been very well-made and performed faultlessly which is the main reason that I ended up choosing to buy this power pack from them. It is another very good product, both in terms of function and appearance. It’s smart looking and comes complete with a suitable USB cable and carry pouch for them both. It is about the size of a pack of playing cards and although it is quite weighty at 330g (almost 12oz) when complete in the pouch it certainly justifies itself in terms of performance because of its very large 13000mah capacity and twin USB outlets. I’ve mainly used it with my Note 3 smartphone and various tablets and have found that it can charge just as quickly as a mains-powered charger when connected to the 2.1A outlet, plus the 1A outlet can be used at the same time to power another device although only one USB cable is actually supplied.

There is a useful indicator to show how much charge is still in the powerpack itself and a button to begin the charging process as well as a built-in torch. I haven’t made much use of that so far but it will probably come in useful at some point. My main purpose in buying this unit is to have a charging facility available when it’s not convenient to charge from the mains, for example on those days when I realise my phone is low on charge but I need to leave for work etc. I also plan to use it on holidays so that I can have extended use of my phone and tablets on flights without the worry of a dead phone when I arrive. So far I am delighted with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only issue is the button, 8 Jun 2014
Anker are great, their stuff is always of high quality. Only issue here is the button used to power on and off. It is pretty big and sticks out of the device, and is very easily triggered when placed in a bag or pocket. This means it turns itself on randomly and uses vital battery power. It can also turn the torch on in a bag, and if the bag is not checked in a while, loads of energy is wasted on what is a pretty powerful torch going off without you knowing.

This is a major design flaw.

That said, this is still a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for festivals, 8 July 2014
Managed to keep my iPhone 4 and GoPro camera both fully charged whilst away for 5 days at Glastonbury, and it even had nearly half the charge left on it when I got home. Would definitely recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker® Astro E4 13000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Charger..., 4 July 2014
Does what it says. Charges multiple devices fast. Had this on a crew bus and it happily charged everything thrown at it. It isn't light but does fit in my jeans pockets comfortably. Helds enough charge to run my http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HVV20YA/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for a full week of videoing and uploading via g3 and wifi backing the video up to a portable hdd connected to a http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I00J8DW/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Can't rate it highly enough --- so far.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great customer support, 3 July 2014
Completely useless, the battery itself cannot be charged but the lights indicated that it's fully charged, takes 2 hour to charge my phone from 40% to 50% and then it stopped working, gonna throw it out of my window right now.
____________ Update________________________

Customer service in Anker reached me shortly after I post this review and soon sent me a replacement one, as they said the one I received before could have been a "manufacturing defective", the new one works well so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product that does its job, 4 July 2014
Just what I needed to get through glastonbury. Fully charges in around 4-5 hours in my mac, but unfortunately didn't realise it would take much much longer in my work computer and ended up with it just under half way charged. Even so, it lasted me over 4 full charges on my iPhone and is now a permanent fixture in my handbag (although heavier than some other models!) On full charge I've managed to get 5 x iPhone 5 charges, 1 iPad and 2 x other mobile, so will last anyone going away for a few days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great... but no longevity, 23 Jun 2014
A good product but beware.... I've only had this for a few months, and it will no longer charge more than half full. The battery is quite heavy and bulky, which I didn't mind when it packed a punch. But now that it doesn't charge fully, it's more of a dead weight. I would suggest trying a different brand, as this does not seem to have the longevity that you might expect.

2.0 out of 5 stars confusing and deceptive, 19 Nov 2014
The item I received was not anything like that advertised on this page. Sure enough it works fine, charges anything ya like vis USB. I own a galaxy S5 and it charges it 3 or 4 times before running out. The product I received resembles the 15000mah unit by anker NOT that shown on the photos for this listing. However it holds only 13000mah i.e. one less charge. I've been offered no explanation why the advertised differs so much from what I've received.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well....but..., 3 July 2014
Works well, but is bulky and the design is flawed because it turns itself on (and off) willy nilly - the button/switch sits proud of the surface of the unit and, if the unit is in a briefcase (say) and falls on its side there is nothing to prevent the unit being turned on (or off). Potentially annoying. That notwithstanding, the after-sales was excellent and made every effort to ensure this niggle was counterbalanced with a commensurate refund.

‹ Previous | 1 2 399 | Next ›