3,694 Reviews
 (2,106)
 (1,023)

5.0 out of 5 stars Speechless
As my title suggests, after finishing The Husband's Secret I am utterly speechless at how good a novel this has been ... and very disappointed that I have reached the end and I don't have anymore of this book left to read.

What an amazing read - seriously!!

It had me clinging on to my iPad every time I picked it up to read, finding it difficult to...
Published 3 months ago by LauraKT

3.0 out of 5 stars ... past year so I thought it might be a good holiday read
This books seems to have been everywhere over the past year so I thought it might be a good holiday read. The first few chapters are fantastic - and the main characters are well drawn and I liked the fact it was set in Australia. But...it peters out half-way and the twist, the 'secret' is pretty obvious. I'll definitely try another book by this author as she has a great...
Published 4 months ago by Book worm

‹ Previous | 1289 290 291370 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, mediocre and too long., 4 Nov 2013
Geekgirl (Gloucester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
This started off well, with relatively likeable characters, but the plot quickly descended into the predictable and eventually - because it really did feel like this book could have been at least four chapters shorter - inevitable ending.

If you are looking for the literary equivalent of porridge with no sugar or salt, go for it. Otherwise don't bother.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fluffy, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
too much if a chic lit book for my liking
too much womanly rubbish and longing looks and not enough intrigue. it's a shame that the last chapter was the best out of the whole book

2.0 out of 5 stars The husbands secret, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
Too many characters made it difficult to follow and at times confusing. Found it necessary to read sections again to understand who was who.

4.0 out of 5 stars Karma !!!!, 18 Oct 2013
David H J Ashdown (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Paperback)
Excellent story about three families all with a different and cleverly intertwined trauma happening in their respective lives. The letter in question with its shocking revelation is the catalyst for the unfolding of an immensely gripping and exciting read. I found the writing flowed easily from start to finish and you're tempted to complete the novel in one sitting. There is one sentence at the bottom of page 20 ( end of chapter 1 ) when a Kevin and George are mentioned that makes no sense as there is no Kevin nor George in the rest of the book !! but I suspect that it was just a typing or editing error but if you ignore this the rest of the novel more than compensates for this minor glitch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Plodding, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
It's ok , not the most riveting read , it didn't leave me wanting to read the next page, and I did feel like I was loosing the will a bit !

3.0 out of 5 stars The Husband'svSecret, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
Pretty hard to get in to. Lots of little characters at the beginning which left me totally confused when moving on to the following chapters.

The storyline itself got a bit boring and about half way through I just wanted it to Reach the end.

Something just didn't click for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 9 Oct 2013
T. Mein (Olive Grove Villas, Chorafakia, Crete) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
Purchased this book after reading a book club review and found it to be disappointing.
It was hard work getting through it and I almost gave up.
Not one of me best buys!

3.0 out of 5 stars The Husband's Secret, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
I was terribly disappointed with this book. Which was a great shame because I had high hopes at the start.
The premise of the story was quite interesting but by the time the secret was revealed, nearly half way through,
it had been obvious for some time what it was so no 'gasp' factor there. The characters, whose stories intertwined
through the book I didn't find particularly interesting or believable and there was a lot of going off at tangents.
If I could say that I enjoyed any part of this book, then it would be the ending, which was neither shocking nor predictable
but was very nicely dovetailed. All in all, I shan't be in a rush to read another book by this author any time soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent read, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book enough to read it fairly quickly. Was a little disappointed with the ending. However I am now reading other books by the same author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort reading and an intriguing story..., 25 Sep 2013
Liz Wilkins "Lizzy11268" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Paperback)
Thank you to the publisher and author for a copy of this novel via netgalley.

My Darling Cecilia
If you're reading this, then I've died . . .

The basis of this book being a letter discovered accidentally by Cecilia, it was an intriguing premise...just what did her Husband feel the need for her to know, should he die?

Following several women (Cecilia, Rachel and Tess) in a multi stranded tale of love, life and the secrets we keep, this was a well written book, the kind I particularly like as you can't really see the connection between these three women at the start...until the author starts bringing it all together for you. An inital look would say they were three completely different people living three completely independant lives, but in a very six degrees of separation sense they are more connected than they realise...

I loved the majority of this book - the slight downside being I did find it fairly obvious what the "secret" was - but because the heart of the story was more the fallout of discovery than the actual secret itself, this should not put you off at all...

Some terrific characterisation (although personally I found Cecilia rather whiny!) and a fast flowing intimate look at the nuances of living day to day life especially when you are dealing with very real issues, this held my attention throughout. I thought the ending was particularly good and appropriate to the feeling of the book overall - so one satisfied reader here.

Overall a well written, thoughtful novel and while there was nothing there that made me go "wow" I enjoyed it very much and will certainly read more from this author. A great book to curl up in bed with alongside a cup of hot chocolate. Comfort reading. I love it.

Happy Reading Folks!