5.0 out of 5 stars A "can't put down" read
Cecilia Fitzpatrick thinks she knows her husband inside out, so she's surprised to accidentally discover in the attic a dusty sealed envelope with "For my wife - to be opened only in the event of my death" written on it in his handwriting. When she casually mentions it to him on the phone, his reaction makes it clear that the last thing he wants is for her to open that...
Published 23 months ago by Julia Flyte

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring 1950's good housewife guide!
Disappointing, perhaps I got too caught up in the hype and reviews. I got this book based on liking Gone Girl and suggestions that I'd therefore possibly like this book. Basically it's a book about a bunch of middle class women who learn that if your man is either a murderer or adulterer then you need to just understand that marriages are difficult sometimes and just...
Published 4 months ago by J. MASON

‹ Previous | 1247 248 249421 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
Will appeal to many readers. A a truly insightful read exploring the twists and turns of life. Very well-written page Turner

4.0 out of 5 stars A page turner!, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
This book lives up to its reviews here and on the Times bestsellers list. I liked the Australian setting which made a great change too. It carries you along into the lives of the characters past and present to an unexpected ending. Enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Husbands Secret, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
It was a complete surprise as the story unfolded... couldn't put the book down. I read a summary in the 'YOU' magazine and it lived upto the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT READ, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very easy to read. The story line was exciting and I didnt want to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 25 Sept. 2013
M. Young (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
This book had me gripped from beginning to end. I loved and hated some of the characters - unexpected but interesting ending! So often the end to a book is disappointing but not this one. I will be reading other books from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it!, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
Great book, kept the pages turning. Enjoyed the development of the different characters and how fate can play its role in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book the twist and turns keep you turning the pages could not put it down will definitely read more of her. Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved the book. Yes, I suppose the secret can be guessed, and there were a lot of characters to keep track of, but I thought the author has amazing insight into the thoughts and mentalities of so many different types of people. It's not a crime thriller, and not very dark, but I thought just an amazingly good read. I loved the different ways everyone dealt with all the issues going on, and I really felt empathy for the 3 main characters. Brilliantly well written.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read... but I guessed the ending..., 24 Sept. 2013
Miss Nesbitt "Kitty Kat" (In the Garden Reading....) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
This was a very well written book.. clearly and well thought out with a fantastic insight into the lives, feelings and decisions made by not only the lead characters but those that intermingled and entwined with them as well... The Secret itself wasn't as shocking as it could be... how they all interact with each other and the aftermath is what kept me going... defo worth a read and a "non-out-downer"...

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect title, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Kindle Edition)
A very good book. I really liked the way all the main characters' thoughts were described & what a secret! I found it very hard to put down.

‹ Previous | 1247 248 249421 | Next ›