Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 July 2013
A lovely selection of tracks from Strangetude to Paper Monkeys, this is a good starter for any Ozrics fan, boring old die hards like me only need it to complete the set, already having everything on this on the many discs currently available as re-issues. Nice to hear 'em in a different order though. If you are new to the Ozric sound brace yourself, this is gonna be a great trip. If you already know the Ozric sound you already know its gonna be a great trip. Treat your ears with this reasonably priced collection of pure Ozric gold. If you like this CD, see 'em live for a total blast!
on 6 January 2014
This collection is over Two CDs in length and moves in chronological order. From the earliest cassette release, entitled 'Erpsongs.' All the way to their current 2013 album, entitled 'Paper Monkeys.' The short samples on the Amazon website make the music quite hard to judge . But you will find some beautifully crafted music in the Ozric Tentacle's world, Should you decide to buy this album? I believe the album serves as a good introduction to the 'Ozric Tentacles'. As it is reasonably priced and diverse in song choices. Each of the instrumental pieces serves gracefully, as an exploratory and mysterious journey in sound;Their layering is often dense but always tasteful.Often allowing space to permeate the listener's ears,rather than moving through common chord changes. For example, you may find the music to move through different moods and textures,Where a variety of scales and melodies are created and allowed to develop gradually.
There are timeless qualities to each song. And Character that is playful and sometimes flamboyant. and on a few occasions rather humorous.
on 24 May 2015
...and I'm rereading Carol Clerks The Saga of Hawkwind at the moment. I've reached the part about the 80's festivals and was reminded that I bought a couple of CDs from Ozric Tentacles a loooong time ago. Having no idea where those CDs could I decided to have a butchers at Amazon and stumbled upon this collection.
I'm only 4 "songs" in but I'm amazed that I could forget this band. I'm loving it.
The songs aren't as badly produced as I seem to remember and the musicianship is cracking.
I really don't know how to describe the music, it's a bit like Hawkwind, but it isn't. It's a bit like Can or even Amon Düül 2, but it's not.
It's a bit jazz-rocky, but not really.
It's it's own thing and it's brilliant.
Looks like I'm going to be forking out for some of the albums.
Oh, and it's great reminder that no-one needs to take drugs. This music IS the drug.
on 27 May 2014
excellent cut price double cd anthology of one the pioneers of the space rock genre. turn on tune in and space out!!
on 20 May 2015
Recently got into the Ozrics and now just can't seem to hear enough of them. Good album to introduce the band to newcomers.
on 10 April 2016
Very happy with this CD it was cheap and cheerful, made my day thank you, we love Ozric Tentacles. Brillant.
on 4 November 2015
Not exactly the best Ozrics album.
on 11 August 2015