5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Sci Fi
I won't review the stories, I'll just say that this is classic sci-fi and great value for money. Loved it.
Published 15 months ago by Hemzy

3.0 out of 5 stars Piping up for H.Beam Piper
BRILLIANT, but......

I had never come across this author until I had my kindle as a birthday present, was a bit of a Luddite in that regard, preferring paperbacks and the odd hardback, not any more though, curse you kindle!

Have reviewed another Piper collection (The Works of H. Beam Piper (32 Books with active table of contents) that I downloaded...
Published 15 months ago by Babel-Fish

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Sci Fi, 28 May 2013
Hemzy (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The H. Beam Piper Megapack: 33 Classic Science Fiction Novels and Short Stories (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good collection of Piper's stories, 1 Jun 2013
J. Moody (Pinner, Middlesex, UK) - See all my reviews
I've read most of the stories in this collection (I mean, I'd already read them before I bought it), and this will allow me to dispose of a small pile of paperbacks. As far as I can see from a random sampling, the transfer to electronic form has been very well done.
If you're a fan of Piper's fiction, this is a no-brainer: if you don't know his work, it's not a bad place to start, though I don't really recommend starting at the beginning: I'd start with 'Naudsonce' or 'Omnilingual' (although the idea of that doesn't work), and then perhaps move on to 'Little Fuzzy' (which I think was the first of Piper's stories that I read).

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Fuzzy., 24 April 2014
G. Jones "Ginette Jones" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I read Little Fuzzy decades ago and loved it. It's message that creatures should be respected is something we hear more and more today. Well worth a read and I'm looking forward to reading the other stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Nov 2013
This has so many of his works. Not just his short stories but whole books. It's also in chronological order which is great if you like early 50's si fi.

If you don't already know of H Beam Piper I would really recommend this to get started. His work is also in the open domain so audio is available from librivox.

4.0 out of 5 stars Godd old vintage SCi-FI, 25 Oct 2013
I first came across H Beam Piper years ago when i read the story "He walked around the horses" which I found a real good alternative history yarn. Most of the stuff in this volume is good old blood and thunder stuff. I really bought it for "Little Fuzzy" as I already have "Fuzzy Sapiens". Both good stories as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars very readable, 20 Oct 2013
A good selection of storys,some of which made me smile.well the the time it took to read and for the price

4.0 out of 5 stars Piper Megapack., 17 Oct 2013
In these days of smaller and smaller computers and processors I was I admit a little amused with the somewhat dated stories contained within, especially the search for "Merlin". But leaving the dated feel aside these are good stories containing enjoyment aplenty. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Megapak, 26 Sep 2013
Haven't finished reading it yet but I know I am going to enjoy the rest. Just wish he wouldn't use so many strange names - hard to keep up with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value, 11 Sep 2013
A megapack worthy of the name. In fact it's more like "The complete works". This is a great journey through the works of one of sci-fi's great. Reading the books and stories in the order they were written gives a great perspective on the development an evolution of Piper's ideas and ability as a writer throughout his life. If you love the genre then this needs to be in your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 13 Aug 2013
Mr. Robert K. Northover "bob n" (unite kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this mainly for Space Vikings- a much loved space opera which I had in the 1970's UK paperback edition which sadly fell apart a few years back.It was nice to be reunited with an old friend! The other content? Doesn't really compare in my opinion, but worth a read to get a feel for Piper's style.