on 22 July 2010
This is the 3rd and final book of "The Chimpanzee complex". It is a fantastic science fiction epic starring Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Yuri Gagarin, the first woman on Mars and the first woman ever to leave the solar system. Confused by that description? Well you might be even more baffled at times when reading this story as it unfolds. We have theories of elementary particles clashing with physical reality, evidence of advanced human species from thousands of years into the future and yet.... and yet the main story is about a Mum and the relationship with her young daughter which is ruined by her having to go on a mission to Mars.

In this 3rd edition Cinebook have included some reviews and it was interesting to note one description of the artwork as "photo-realistic" art. Yes it is realistic. So much so that at times I've really thought that the artwork WAS a photo, in particular the face. It is uncanny and extraordinary, and adds to this sometimes spooky, mysterious, baffling and wonderful set of books.

I feared the ending of this series as the books at times have been pretty dark in their mood, but I was very happy with the way things turned out - that's all I'm saying. What a great story!
on 3 June 2013
The final volume in the series does an incredible job of building suspense and evoking atmosphere. With mostly two characters and a single location the pace slows right down and is eerily quiet. You get the Scott/ Cameron deserted spaceship vibe in spades here.

The art is of the same high standard with some great video-screen effects and astronomical vistas. You can predict the ending but aren't disappointed by it.

A solid Thumbs Up!
VINE VOICEon 22 July 2011
The final episode of the trilogy doesn't disappoint. The conclusion manages to be both surprising and appropriate.

For an overview of the entire story -which should be collected in one volume- see my review of volume 1.
on 6 March 2014
I have had the first to volumes of this graphic novel series,excellent story and good art.However my gripe is with this third volume,as soon as I had unwrapped it,the actual book began to shed it's pages.Nuff said,not worth the hassle returning it but that said I am always usually happy with my purchases on Amazon.
on 17 January 2012
Will request to return this comic book.
Nothing wrong with the story but the pages were falling apart in chunks as soon as you start flicking them. This paper back is merely glued together with poor quality glue. Bad job.