1,996 Reviews
 (1,381)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating couldn't put it down
Very fascinating story of real people's lives, very emotional and twists and turns along the way. Honestly the most interesting book I've ever read. Don't think I will ever forget these characters would make an amazing film. It made me smile but mainly cry. So glad Jenny and Helen found each other they seem like wonderful people.
Published 21 months ago by Amy

Published 18 months ago by AEW

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating couldn't put it down, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a book, 22 Mar 2013
This is truly an inspirational story. I first heard about Jenny and Helen's story when they were on my local news bulletin and even with the tiny snippet that was featured I knew I would enjoy this book.
I am going to purchase this in paper back as my neighbour would love to read it. I will also recommend this book to friends as well.
It has really made me stop and think and take stock of how lucky we all are, my grandad is a twin and sadly his sister died some years ago and I saw for myself the bond they had.
I am so glad Jenny and Helen found one another and what a story

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 26 Mar 2013
This book made me laugh and made me cry----beautifully written could almost taste the coal dust from the pits and the salt water from the beach..where there's life there is always hope....thanx for sharing your life story

4.0 out of 5 stars My Secret Sister, 23 April 2013
Well told. The story of 2 sisters. Reminding us of just a couple of generations ago, when illegitimacy was a social disaster for the woman, an unforgivable sin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 25 April 2013
I saw Jenny and Helen on 'this morning' and just fancied reading their story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and had a tear in my eye on occasions. It was written very well and I couldn't put it down!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 11 April 2013
Once I started to read it, I couldn't put it down.
I was also pleased to read the extra at the end after the book was completed.
I occassionaly got confused about which sister I was reading about, but that might be something to do with my memory, rather than the fault of the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars A book that explores the lives of two sisters brought up apart., 14 Jun 2013
This book is ghost written which could explain how the two 'voices' narrating in the first person sound so similar to each other. Neither woman knew of the existence of the other until well into middle age because their mother was exceptionally devious and manipulative. Jenny, the child who was given for adoption, had the better life with loving parents and many opportunities and went on to become a renowned golf player. Helen stayed with her mother and the man she marries, and had an appalling time with both mental and physical abuse from both parents. The extended family of the mother collude in keeping the family secrets and when the two women attempt to find out more of their story they run against a wall of concealment, it is much to their credit that they persist in uncovering their story.

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable, 24 Mar 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book, couldnt put it down! I know from past research that this was often case in times when you had to cover up the truth. Its far easier now to tell it how it is. So glad that Helen and Jenny found each other and I am sure
they will find out more on their journey, thank you so much for sharing this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tale !, 22 Mar 2013
What a fabulous book, bought it for my kindle to read on holiday and got told off by hubby for never taking my nose out of it until I had finished ! A truly remarkable story, cannot begin to imagine what Helen's childhood was like, we didn't have much, but we had a great upbringing, with friends welcome any time, so glad you found each other, all the best xx

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont understand the good reviews !!, 19 Jan 2014
I typically buy based on reviews .... >1000 people can't be wrong!?
I certainly became unstuck this time!!
Enough non repetitive content to perhaps fill approximately 2 chapters .. at a push.
Boring! Boring! Boring!