5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!
Published 14 months ago by Mr. David J. Mason

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not strong enough for flights.
Published 5 months ago by all-in-a-dither

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not strong enough for flights., 22 Jun 2014
Great looking bags, bought two for a round the world trip for hubby and me, with mine the hold all appeared on the carousel with the zip stitching ripped open, contents poking out. Zip intact, but single stitches seams totally gone. Nightmare that was graciously fixed by Hawaii airlines giving me another case. I wrote to Karabar luggage who say warranty does not cover baggage handling?? Want utter cop out. The stitching should be made well enough. The extending handle on my husbands hold all gave up after one flight, am asked to provide pics as proof - um, you want to see a pic of the handle not coming out? Karabar communicated, but totally unsatisfactorily, these are NOT strong bags. I used packing cubes, which kept things together, otherwise I'd have lost stuff. I gave my lovely red case to the bell boy in the hotel, a student who fancied it and knows a luggage repairer. Great looking and spacious bags, hence the two points, but warranty useless and not strong enough to be reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 23 Sep 2013
Mr. David J. Mason "The Label Man" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
We hadn't bought any luggage for ages, so when we needed some new this year, I took a while deciding which appeared to be the items we needed. For once I got it right! These holdalls are strong, easy to carry or wheel, maybe a bit on the heavy side, but that's because they are made of substantial components - good! We got this one and a 31" - being honest there isn't that much difference in carrying ability. Really good quality product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ripped on first Flight, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Jeep XXL Extra Large Wheeled Holdall - 5 Years Warranty! (Luggage)
Purchased this bag as I do about 12 long hauls a year, and needed a bag to check in the hold, that I can identify easily on the carousel. Chose this on the back of "Jeep" and some positive reviews. It came off the first flight with the handle ripped out - some kind baggage handler obviously picked it up by one handle, and it couldn't take it.

Cut the side handles off and sowed up the tear, to get on with trip.

One or two trips later, another hole appears on the tow handle side.

Not up for it.

On a positive note, Amazon dealt with the problem straight away in refunding the full price of the bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful but rather floppy, 24 Mar 2014
I bought this case in a hurry. It's fine but would benefit from having a strap internally to hold the contents in place. Everything sinks to the bottom and makes the case difficult to manage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case if it lasts, 1 Sep 2013
I will start off by saying that this case is large. Very large. It's not an accurate means of measurement but I had 23kg of standard holiday items in the case and there was still plenty of room left. The height and width are pretty standard for a holdall of this type but it's the length that really gives it the extra space.

In addition to the extra space, it is also sturdy. The corners and base are well supported so anything placed to the bottom of the holdall should be well protected. The material of the sides and top are thick enough that protection all round is good but they are soft enough that the case can really accommodate a significant amount of luggage by stretching to it's fullest shape.

The case comes with a shoulder strap and two shorter handles that velcro together. There is no handle on one end of the case so picking it up out of a boot etc. is not as easiest as it could be but that's really a minor point.

One pretty major negative for me was that after the first use the handle broke and could not be pulled up. I contacted the seller and a replacement was with me in no time at all. I was really impressed by the service and after heavy use this summer, the handle is still working perfectly.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this case for anyone looking for a bag that has the potential for a huge capacity that is also sturdy.

3.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed, 29 Mar 2014
purchased for my son to use back and to from uni and a piece of plastic cracked before he took it outside the house! I haven't got the time to return it under the warranty yet as he needs to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied with this purchase., 8 Mar 2014
This held all the ski gear for two people with room to spare. Pulled well although I could have used a little more extension on the handle. Green stripe makes it easy to spot on a carousel.

1.0 out of 5 stars but it's useless. It can't even stand up on it's own, 23 Oct 2014
My first order with this holdall was 'lost', the company offered to send out a replacement which i received. I should have took up the refund option.

I used this to travel India, I thought it was robust enough as we were on a tour, but it's useless. It can't even stand up on it's own, it just flops over when half full or compliantly full. It's an extra large, so you would think inside straps would be included to hold everything down, unfortunately no straps are present thus all items in the suitcase drop to the floor and you end up repacking or trying to dig out the thing you want.

This type of suitcase is probably best used for under the bed as storage, but you can cheaper ones for that - definitely not for travelling. I have to buy a new suitcase for my travels as this is not worth taking anywhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine for careful personal handling but not for air travel, 13 Jun 2013
On it's first outing from Brimingham to Egypt the luggage arrived with the internal handle rails severely bent and unable to be extended. The fabric had also become separated from the plastic moulting of the handle.

The bag itself is plenty big enough but has nothing to protect the lightweight extending handle tubes that run the length of the bottom of the bag. Anything moderate weight on that part of the fram will bent the rails rendering them useless.

I wouldn't recommend this product for anything other than light to moderate use.

As this carries the rugged Jeep name I'll be trying to get a refund...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic extra large holdall, 5 Mar 2014
Fantastic heavy duty very large holdall.fit beach chair and two weeks cloths for holiday,with loads of room left.heavy duty canvas,well worth the price.