Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 24 May 2013
Really enjoyed reading this, as it was broken up into short stories it felt like no time at all until it was finished, which I found quite sad!

Don't read it if your on your own in the house though lol. Will. be looking out for next reads ty.
on 27 May 2013
I love horror stories and this is simply the best book I have read in a long time. It gives some good modern competition to the old classics. I wish I could wipe my memory and read it all over again. Absolutely fantastic.
on 1 April 2014
I gave this rating as it's been a long time since I enjoyed reading a book so much. I rationed myself to one story a night at bedtime so it would last me a little longer. It reminded me of old Hammer Horror compendium tales of horror from the 1970's. I felt the ending was a little rushed but overall a wonderfully atmospheric read. Sleep tight!
on 12 April 2015
This was a unbelievable read, usually. I steer away from short stories as I like to get my teeth into a good read. Also a mixture of short stories,
some not as good as other's. But this book, is about different stories, but all joined together to make this one macabre book. I am so glad reviews made me pick this up. Straight away on ending, logged into Amazon, for the next in series.
Excellent writer, keeps you enthralled all the way until your at the nail bitting end. This is a must read..you will not be disappointed. This is an excellent experience entering the Asylum, but not for the faint of heart.
on 12 March 2016
I had never heard of Matt Drabble before I read this book, and now I working my way through his published library.

This book is great for those who aren't able to read for prolonged periods of time as it consists of 13 bitesize thrillers with an interlinking story. I found it perfect for bedtime reading.

The narrative is very easy to follow and Matt Drabble manages to fit so much detail and suspense into very short stories.

Highly recommend!
on 24 June 2016
I loved this book. The writing style and pace is just my cup of tea, and it's an interesting way to write stories within a story. It was somewhat predictable at the end but I enjoyed the individual tales so much, I didn't mind that. I've downloaded a couple of his other free books in the hope that it isn't just a one off fluke. If I enjoy those as well, I'll happily buy his other stories.
on 3 April 2016
I'm not sure I agree with the statement that the author of this book will become as big a household name as Stephen King or Dean Koontz, or if he does, his craft and flair for the dramatic and suspense will have to greatly improve. I like the concept, with the different stories and so on, but only a couple of them really stood out for me and I have to say that I had the ending nailed before I was even halfway through; fans of the genre will no doubt pick it up much sooner. For me, it lacked atmosphere and therefore realism, which is exactly what a horror story doesn't need.

But I do feel that anyone who takes the time and effort to publish a book, and do so to a very reasonable standard, deserves some acclaim, therefore three stars, Just don't worry about it giving you sleepless nights :)
on 19 January 2014
Fell across this book by accident and have been reading it for a while, indulging in a residents story here and there finishing the boom whilst on holiday. I thoroughly enjoyed it, a compelling read and more addictive the further in you get.
on 17 August 2013
An excellent read. Thirteen unique and thought provoking tales which I immensley enjoyed. Must confess, I didn't quite get the ending to the book (and whether there was some sort of link between all the tales) however, this did not detract from my enjoyment. Highly recommended and I'm already looking to purchase other books by the author.
on 20 April 2013
I'm not generally a fan of short stories, and I guess my biggest criticism here is that maybe they were a little too short.

Having said that, I really enjoyed the book.

This guy writes very well, his characters are all very vivid and you really get a clear picture of them, even though the stories are all very short.

Sadly the very last story I felt was weak, and the characters all deserved to die just because they were all so annoyingly stupid and stereotypical, but this was certainly not the case with the other stories, which were all well written and gripping.

I hope he keeps writing, because he certainly has the talent.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good scary tale.