5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by a great guy
Published on 17 May 2009 by Mr. M. H. Savage

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read
it's good to read the story of someone's life, that isn't glorifying events. Just honest remembering of the happenings during that time in his life. Very enjoyable .
Published 2 months ago by Brenniel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by a great guy, 17 May 2009
Mr. M. H. Savage (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Ernie gives the impression that he cares so much for the film industry and the people in it. The stars he has worked with are the Whos Who of Hollywood. he pulls no punches about some of the nasties but is equally gushing for the stars who have helped him and whom he admires. I met him at a recent "signing" and , beleive me< he is as nice a man as you would like to meet. I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable character indeed., 3 Nov 2011
Ernie is a happy and very patriotic man and this tone comes across throughout the book. He tends to gloss over much detail- the chapters are very short and sometimes I found myself wishing that he'd expand on some topics. The making of The Wild Bunch for example is covered in five pages and there's very little detail regarding his brief marriage to Ethel Merman; however it's not the nature of the book to be an exposé or hatchet job. This book is really an engaging collection of anecdotes written by a man who has spent the past 60 years working in the film industry and is very grateful for having done so. If it's approached with that in mind then it's an enjoyable read. If you're looking for a "warts and all" account of Hollywood then I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

One minor point that may concern some readers. Ernie is an ex-sailor and occasionally this can be reflected in some strong language being used. If he's quoting someone who swore- including himself- then he doesn't censor it at all. Although this didn't bother me in the slightest it might make it unsuitable as a gift for people who are easily offended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ernest - One of Life's Nice Guys, 23 May 2009
S. Wilton "Susan" (Wooler, Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This was a fun book to read. He has a great sense of humour and he mostly only has positive things to say about his fellow actors. He's never forgotten his roots and he appreciates every break that has come his way.
I loved every page ... my only complaint? It wasn't long enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Ernest Borgnine: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Quite interesting. Comes over as a reasonable kind of person, always a convincing actor. Seems to more or less like everybody with one notable exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Earnest Borgnine, 2 Mar 2014
Mrs. P. Moore (Ramsgate Kent) - See all my reviews
I found the service excellent and would recommend it . The book itself was very interesting and beneath it all was a very down to earth interesting man

5.0 out of 5 stars All that I expected and more, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Ernest Borgnine: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book to t on

Holiday but started it two days before, that was fatal I couldn't put it down and finished out
it before I went

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Ernest Borgnine: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
A great read and hilarious atimes, very well written!!! Please read about a real film star! Fabulous and engaging! Thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 17 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A real treat for movie buffs of his era, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Ernest Borgnine: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
What a truly delightful man; there Isn't a nasty bone in his body. I had such fun getting to know the man who was always the 'baddy' in the movies I saw him in. As another reviewer mentioned earlier, I would have enjoyed even more in-depth details.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ernest Borgnine: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
This was an excellent book, well documented by the man himself. His enthusiasm shone through every page. Comes across as so different from most of his roles. Highly recommended book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›