5.0 out of 5 stars The Lightest GoreTex Version.
I have had a pair of NF Hedgehogs for the last 2-3 years and have loved them - more comfortable than similar offerings from Merrel and others. The only reason I bought this pair was because the tread on the sole was wearing away - but given how much I have worn them, I think they have lasted very well.

These are slightly lighter than my previous pair and...
Published on 7 Feb. 2012 by Bruce

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof
These shoes are very comfortable which is why I'm on my 4th pair in the last year. However I have only had them since Dec 2013 and they have started to leak like the other 3 at the front. This is either a design fault or poor workmanship. A pity really as they are very comfortable and a great fit. I will be changing them for another make.
Published 12 months ago by Steven Owen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lightest GoreTex Version., 7 Feb. 2012
Bruce "from Brighton" (UK - England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

These are slightly lighter than my previous pair and initially they feel stiff, but they soon loosen up and feel very supportive. I have proper walking boots for hard terrain, but inevitably I come back to these, when walking around the Sussex Downs and further afield.

The main feature is the use of GoreTex, which allows then to be breathable but waterproof - which is essential in this kind of shoe. Anything else in this kind of cross-trainer meets walking shoe, is just going to mean soggy feet and an unpleasant walk.

The other big selling point is the sole - which is very grippy and feels like it can deal with any kind of slippery surface well. I was most pleased to discover that Amazon had started stocking these and there have been some good bargains available around January.

I can't recommend them highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars If they serve me as well as the six year old pair they are replacing, I will be well pleased, 28 Dec. 2014
Lost John (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
On the evidence, the pair of Mark III Hedgehogs I bought were the last of the line so far as my foot size is concerned. On top of the asking price for the shoes, I paid for carriage from Spain, which seems over the top, but I have found my 2008 Hedgehogs highly satisfactory and believe the Mark IV model is not an improvement, so was anxious to secure a new pair that was as similar as possible to my now worn-out originals.

I have a pair of heavy walking boots too (Scapa), but for most activities between those demanding conventional polished leather shoes and the walking boots I have for six years worn the Hedgehogs. That has included all-day every-day wear on holiday in several countries, and visits to London and other UK destinations, as well as general wear local to my home. They have had one replacement pair of laces, but have otherwise kept going without any attention, keeping my feet comfortable and dry. The leather and rubber parts of the uppers are now visibly worn, and the soles worn right down, but the insole has held out, as has the Gore-Tex lining the upper.

The new pair are similarly comfortable in use and, assuming I continue with much the same lifestyle, I look forward to a further six years of good service. If, as seems likely, the laces don't last that long, I guess the replacement laces I bought two years ago will go again (Round Cord 5mm Waxed Cotton Hiking Walking Work Boots Laces).

5.0 out of 5 stars North Face Hedgehogs, 14 Nov. 2011
This is the 2nd pair of these I have bought the first have lasted 2 years of daily use and are now a bit tatty. I was a bit surprised that the same shoes I bought 2 years ago are now on average £25-£30 more expensive than before but Hey Ho!

I bought these because they were the cheapest pair with the goretex lining. I have found them to be comfortable from the start with excellent grip in all conditions and weathers. For the purpose they are designed for i have found them great on foot paths and easy trails but would want more ankle support for more challenging routes.

5.0 out of 5 stars hedgehogs are cool, 11 Sept. 2012
wow, these are probably the most comfortable shoes i own. when you walk you can feel the cushioning on the bottom of your feet. and the grip is fantastic. they are well put together and im sure are going to last me for years to come. im confident i wont be falling on my butt when the snow arrives this year. buy them, they are brilliant.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Great shoes / trainers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and versatile, 24 April 2014
Matthew Ray (Hitchin, Herts., UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these as a replacement for my Merrills which, after 3 years of day-in day-out use, were finally starting to fall apart. I use them principally for work, where they need to good walking shoes for the journey to and from the office, comfortable and light enough to wear throughout the day, and sturdy and practical for when I go out onto building sites. I've had these for three months and so far they've hit the mark on every front, effectively doing the job of three pairs of shoes.

Summary -
Warm on cold days, cool enough on warmer days
Lightweight but still sturdy
Splash proof and breathable
Great support
Exceptionally comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product, 15 Mar. 2014
This is now the second pair that I have purchased as I wore the first pair out.
They are VERY comfortable, VERY sturdy whilst not being too heavy or a weight to the feet.
They hold the water out and, once more, I'm really pleased to have picked another pair up at a competitive price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 9 Mar. 2014
This is the second pair i have purchased. Very well made and veggie. Very comfortable and hard wearing. Walked 10 miles across country and didnt know i had them on. Not the cheapest but probably the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best footwear, 26 Jan. 2014
This is my third pair of hedgehogs and use them for my daily hour of commuting walk as well as weekend long walks and holidays. Nothing compares to them for comfort, dryness and durability. Goretex keeps them dry and fresh while Vibram is the best grip for all surfaces. Best in class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it, 11 Dec. 2013
Excellent walking shoes, totally waterproof with the Gor-Tex uppers. Very comfortable. Whether they last any longer than cheaper ones I have yet to find out

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›