4.0 out of 5 stars .
A lot of TV's this size are a lot more expensive. This does the job, great sound and picture and I like the way I no longer need separate DVD and freeview box.
Published 19 months ago by ali

3.0 out of 5 stars Price good, but design and DVD compromised
Published 4 months ago by Pippin

4.0 out of 5 stars ., 31 Aug. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Toshiba 22D1333B 22-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Built-In DVD Player (Electronics)
At first I found difficulties with the TV but however after setting up the TV I was more then surprised with the picture quality and sound, as it has clear picture and sound. Also the DVD player was excellent too worked perfectly. In addition to this the service from Amazon as usual was excellent and delivery was prompt and earlier then expected! The free view built in was an advantage too with the Ariel picking up all the channels also I believe Toshiba TV has to be one of the best make and model as it fully satisfied me and exceeded my expectation and highly recommend it to anyone considering to purchase this item !

5.0 out of 5 stars We are very very pleased with this TV which comes with built-in freeview and ..., 24 Oct. 2014
Fairy Godmother (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
We are very very pleased with this TV which comes with built-in freeview and built-in dvd player. I was worried that 24" might not be big enough for our living room, but it is just right - not too big, not too small. It has saved us masses of space. We had a huge old tv with separate dvd and set top box, wires all over the place, loads of plugs in an extension. But we put up with it because we don't like spending money on TVs and have other priorities. I bit the bullet to buy this when we were desperate for storage space, so we now have a very nice 3ft sideboard where the old tv was, with this standing on top - it looks so nice we kept imagining we must be staying in a holiday cottage. The stand is nice and sturdy (one reason I went for this one). There are no proper instructions on how to put the stand together, but it is easy enough to work out. They recommend you attach the base to the wall with a tie, and there is a loop at the back of the stand to do this. We didn't bother, it seems sturdy enough.

The picture is great. The sound is less 'surround' than our old TV and sounds a bit tinny compared to the old TV but it is absolutely fine and actually we prefer it as it doesn't blast the neighbours when turned up too high and is all you need - good sound. I expect the dvd player will pack up at some point, as I've heard this is an issue with tv's with a dvd player but we don't watch dvd's that often anyway so thought it was worth a risk for the space saving.

I would highly recommend this. It hurt spending this much when there is a Technika one for £50 less but it didn't have such good reviews and I wanted a good one. Our living room is 15" x 13" and this is plenty big enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good small set, with good picture and adequate sound quality, 24 Feb. 2013
Purchased this TV as a replacement for my 6 year old bedroom Toshiba which had recently stopped working. The TV is quite minimal in appearance with a thin bezel - in fact it has more of a resemblance to a computer monitor than a TV.

The unit comes with the stand separate in the box but this is easily attached to the main unit with the 4 supplied screws. On the back of the TV there are connections for HDMI, Scart, VGA and SPDIF for digital audio. Also on the back on a raised area are connections for 2 USB, Headphone Jack, a conditional access module interface and the slot for the DVD. Setup was painless, simply connect up the areal switch on and then follow the on screen instructions to tune in the set.

Good points

Picture quality is a subjective thing, but I would describe the picture as adequate and good for the price - but I suppose as the owner of a series 9 Pioneer Kuro still regarded by many as the best flat panel TV ever made I'm a bit spoilt. It did need some tweaking of the picture controls but once setup correctly for my room the TV provided pictures that were enjoyable to watch. On many of the reviews on this site there has been quite harsh criticism of the sound quality on many small Toshiba TV's. But again, I found the sound quality to be quite adequate - as long as you're not expecting HI-FI quality sound. As to the DVD player all I can say is that it worked as expected - no issues there.

Negative points.

On the picture side of things although viewing angles were ok horizontally the same cannot be said for viewing angles on the vertical plane. As a result this may not be the TV for you if for example it was placed high up on a wall and you do most of your viewing laying in bed. In situations such as this the picture looks dark and in some situations is unwatchable. One other small gripe is with the remote control - although I do wear glasses I found the text on some of the buttons extremely small and difficult to read.

The TV also has the capability to play media from a connected USB device but I have not used this facility so cannot comment as to it's effectiveness.

So to conclude: a very good small set, with good picture and adequate sound quality that performs well for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Price good, but design and DVD compromised, 13 Nov. 2014
The DVD player probably lets this TV down the most, it's incredibly, frustratingly slow and often gets confused - leaving you with no option but to turn off the TV at the plug. There is no on/off power on the TV itself. Only standby/on - so again you need to switch off at the powerpoint if you want to turn it off. The power cable is really short, considering most flat panel TV's are wall mountable these days, they really should have made the lead longer. My powerpoint is almost directly below the TV and I can only make it stretch to it by putting a multi plug adaptor into the socket first so the TV's plug can enter at the top - otherwise it wouldn't have reached. Picture quality etc is fine. Volume/sound is also okay. One other issue I've found with this TV is that all of the buttons and leads are on the side (closest to the wall) and they are set back some way inside the screen, so when using a flat panel TV mount, it makes it nearly impossible to get anything other than a small child's hand in there to turn anything on or off or put in a lead. The price was probably the most attractive thing about this unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good picture poor sound quality., 22 May 2014
J. Gregory - See all my reviews
Nice looking product, easy to set up and use. The picture quality is good and the only disappointment is the sound quality which is rather 'tinny' and just lets the product down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tv, 5 April 2014
We bought this TV for our bedroom and are very happy with it. It's a good enough size for in there and we are very happy with our purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled!, 22 Aug. 2014
The picture excellent but the sound is lousy. Needs a sound-bar to get anywhere decent sound. The issue is there is no room for anything but small speakers that sound like a cheap transistor radio. Shame really because the picture is very good indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars TV, 19 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my son for Christmas. It is a great size for him to play games in his bedroom and was very reasonably priced

5.0 out of 5 stars 24" white screen version, 2 Aug. 2014
Having just thrown away a very "old school" bulky tv, i knew this type of tv would sound different , yes it doesn't sound as basey or deep, but that doesn't bother me, as i kinow most flat screens have this issue with the sound not being as deep (aka tinny) but to be honest if you turn the sound up, it doesn't sound that bad, and for the cost of the tv being very reasonable it is a sacrifice , plus you could add surround sound speakers to it ifyou really want to, but this is my bedroom tv, so i don't really want/need it very deep/loud.

The picture is lovely, i added a pic on here to show u (the pic shows a very green still image of an advert, it's meant to be that vibrant)

Dvd Player is easy to use, although only tested that for a few mins, but so far, so good

5 stars from me