5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing performance at a basically free cost.
What an amazing monitor. Years ago i had the awesome BenQ FP241W but the screen got broken.

Ever since then I just had cheap monitors as back then the FP241W monitor cost 700+!

It has very accurate colours which I know now is very important to me as some monitors are too cool etc or just can never get it set right. This works right out of the box. I...
Published 8 months ago by Wes

3.0 out of 5 stars Brightness and Colour terrible at default settings
I had a cheap monitor on my internet computer and a 19 ins Iiyama monitor on my main photo editing and text work computer. This was proving a little on the small side so I wanted a larger monitor for that machine and then move the Iiyama to my internet computer.

Published 4 months ago by Geoffrey Foale

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Widescreen 24 inch IPS monitor, 12 Jan 2014
N. J. Holms (Wales ,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BenQ BL2411PT 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor (1000:1, 300cd/m2, 5 ms, 1920 x 1200, DVI) (Accessory)
Only been using this for a couple of days, but very impressed by this replacement for 10yr old 4:3 LG LCD. Colours seem vibrant and to my eyes quite true to life on the "STANDARD" (Colour temperature) setting, there are 7 settings and a user defined one if you want to play with it.
Originally last year I was potentially interested in the BL2410PT , using a VA(Vertical Alignment) panel but in one of the rare reviews of these monitors the caveat was the problem of backlight flicker when you go down to low brightness levels - Google " PWM Backlight flicker" if interested. I am happy to say that this model is free (to my eyes/brain) of this defect although I have no test equipment to verify this absolutely. At least one site reviewing this has such means of checking and confirmed that the backlight is not rapidly switching on/off.
Useful inputs available for my purpose but no HDMI, have my "PC Tower" running Windows/Linux on the DVI and a Mac Mini on the DisplayPort ( sound is present from the weedy speakers too !) and there is also a D-Sub VGA which I haven't used yet.
Useful "ECO" feature which detects user in front of monitor , if not blanks in 40 seconds; while not really a security feature could be handy if distracted away and before an account lock is enabled, the Mac sleeps in 10 mins in my case. Enough for now, might come back later in year for an update.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it for superb picture quality., 20 July 2014
David Gee "The bard" (UK) - See all my reviews
Brilliant picture and verey easy to set up - reducing brightness was only adjustment needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Display good but stand could be better, 19 May 2014
The display arrived quickly and on power up had no bad pixels.

Brightness is good, but the out-of-box color balance was poor and I needed to manually adjust the color settings to stop things looking excessively 'bright'.

The height adjustment of the stand is very good and it holds position well, but over time the display very slowly rotates when in landscape (normal) mode. This is because the pivot friction seems quite low and the connecting cables (DVI etc.) are offset from the pivot causing the left side to very slowly drop. After about 2-3 weeks the rotation starts to become noticeable and I have to adjust the rotation back to 'normal' . The problem gets worse as the height adjustment is increased (increased cable tension?).

To summarise, if you set it up properly (color and stand) this is a very good display at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous bright display, 24 April 2014
Amazon Customer (Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having been using a 1440x900 monitor for years, this monitor was like seeing for the first time. Amazing screen real estate and so clear and sharp. I've calibrated it using settings from a review site (just a google away), which had this as their must-buy monitor and I so agree.
Played some FPS games and monitor response seems amazing, colours are really good and blacks are very black. No preceived bleeding. Haven't noticed any dead pixels...yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brightness and Colour terrible at default settings, 24 Mar 2014
Geoffrey Foale "Crustacean" (S. Devon, UK) - See all my reviews

I had been pleased with the Iiyama and was going to get another for the serious work; but this Benq appeared to be better.

Because my main workstation is never connected to the internet the installation disc wouldn't auto play; but I eventually managed to open the files and load everything.

When I first tried to use this monitor I was so disappointed! The default settings were excessively bright and over coloured. I need true colours for photo work.

Finally, with the help of some monitor check cards, I managed to switch the colour to sRGB mode and reduced brightness and contrast by around half. And that produced acceptable results.

The default settings may be fine for people who want to play games with high brightness and garish colours but expect to spend some time with adjustments if you want to do any serious work. Preferably make adjustments with a proper colour management tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Mar 2014
A. Brown (Devon England) - See all my reviews
I worried that the format may not be right for me. I have been using it for a while now and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, 2 Dec 2013
Bought on recommendation from Web user magazine: doesn't disappoint- great screen in both portrait and landscape mode with variable screen intensities allowing reading at a much more comfortable light level for documents etc..

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 2 April 2014
Mr. R. Gray "james" (Tyne & Wear, England) - See all my reviews
Only one minor dislike.
The USB ports on the monitor need to be powered by a separate lead other wise great picture quality and the height adjustment is really convenient compared to my last monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 April 2014
Really good mount, quality of body and image - I use it as an 'office' second screen whilst photo post processing on my other screen - well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Monitor, 10 May 2014
Richard (Northumberland) - See all my reviews
Primarily looked at this monitor because it had a flicker free backlight and IPS Panel.
The flicker free backlight does make a difference to my eyes, with much less strain on them as compared to the previous 27inch ips screen I tried.

The screen is a light matt finish which lets the colours shine through while keeping the glare away and the colours where very nearly correct straight from the box. Unless you need a professional level of colour calibration no adjustment was necessary.

Movies and games look superb with no ghosting.

Good range of connections on the back but no HDMI. It does have DVI-D, Display port and vga audio in and headphone jacks.

Internal power supply is handy as no power brick to hide.

The 1920 x 1200 resolution is much better than standard 1080p while working on excel or word among other programs.

The edge bezel looks quite chunky and the panel is thicker than some other 24inch monitors which means it has little flex in the panel when using it and with the stand it forms a good solid unit. With the ability to swivel the monitor into portrait mode it makes a great monitor for design work and there is plenty of adjustment for height and monitor angle.

A great monitor for either work or play