5.0 out of 5 stars EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED, 8 April 2013
Reshma Patel "Razz" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (MP3 Download)
Usually most people read the book and when they know a film is being made of it, if they liked the book they look forward to the film. I did it the other way around. I was intrigued by the synopsis of the film and so went and saw it and loved it! I know it did not get great reviews but it was released just before Oscar season and of course other films got the glory. Their loss! The film is definitely a one-to-watch, or in my case twice in the cinema! It's on my DVD to buy list. Also sorry another side note - the music in the film is ab-so-lutely beautiful and its fits so well! Now to the book. Having seen the film of course I did not realise the book is split the way it is (no spoilers here in case you've not read it) so I chose to read each person's story as a whole rather than the way the book runs, the book of course does differ to the film but I've loved reading the book and finding more to each individual story. It's just not in my own humble opinion easy to explain to someone why they should read the book. Read it and see what you get from the book. It’s an amazing book, and I've loved reading it, the film does DO the book justice and the music is a must-buy, the version of the book I bought had a new foreword by Mr Mitchell himself and he explains the journey he took in the reading of the screenplay and having a part in the film. Amazing book, film and soundtrack!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cloud Atlas / O.S.T. (Audio CD)
'Orchestral with Sound Design & Beats' applies to so many Movie Soundtracks these days, that it seems hard to move the genre forward. This work, however, steers clear of all the cliches (the big noise-gated drums and reverse cymbals etc) and is all about the score - also managing to sneak in a few subtle but original ideas as well as being admirably melodic throughout. Beautifully recorded, as you'd expect and meticulously played, it's a bit of a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational music of an inspirational movie, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful soundtrack of an amazing movie and the main theme just keeps popping up in my mind. Not all of the variations on the theme are equally brillant, but there's enough to move you and also immediately want to watch the movie. The fact that this can easily stand on its own apart from the images it accompanies, is the ultimate proof of a good soundtrack I think. Love the reference to Bach by the way in track 2, made me smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever soundtrack, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Audio CD)
By far the best soundtrack I ever heard, to best movie I've seen in a long time.
11/10 Five star

5.0 out of 5 stars cloud atlas, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Audio CD)
Borrowed this movie from a friend to watch and thought it was great.
So I bought it for myself in Blu Ray.
Watched again and I think I will never tire of watching it.
You see a little more each time you watch it.
I think it is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evocative and Haunting, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Audio CD)
This is beautiful and you don't have to have seen the very long, complex, but still enjoyable film to enjoy the soundtrack. A good soundtrack makes a film for me in many cases - however I heard a track of this on Classic FM and actually bought it before I saw the film - so case in point! Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly engaging film left me wanting to watch it again!, 11 Aug 2013
Mike Somekh "Gadget Maven" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (MP3 Download)
On paper, this film shouldn't work. Not only does it introduce an abundance of characters and mix romance, sci-fi, action, comedy and politics into a single story, it does so whilst jumping forwards and backwards through Time.

Nonetheless, I found the plots woven in a way that was engaging and the many characters (played by a great cast) highly watchable. Add to this great special effects, thought-provoking messages about slavery & Humanity's future and a great soundtrack, it was hard to fault.

Make no mistake. Cloud Atlas will have you thinking hard through most of its scenes. A film you'll love or loathe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (MP3 Download)
Listening to the music evokes memories of an incredible film. The recurring theme of the Cloud Sextet perfectly accompanies the film on its many levels. Tom Tykwer is a very talented man!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classical music with some more up beat sets too, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Cloud Atlas / O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Excellent music score. Although I was slightly disappointed that one of the tunes from the 5 minutes trailer was not on here - don't know the name of the tune.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the movie, 29 Nov 2013
Stephanie Murray "Push over !" (Sao Paulo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Audio CD)
I bought the movie and watched it ten times in a row ,,, I know its strange ,,, the music is haunting and is a perfect gift to anyone ,,, +++++

Cloud Atlas