5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Published 1 month ago by luke White

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not great
Published 14 months ago by chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Cave Rave (MP3 Download)
happy summer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Cave Rave (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite albums with its up beat tunes that make you feel that it is summer no matter when it is!

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not great, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Cave Rave (Audio CD)
the first album is brilliant in every way, it holds your attention, sends you on a journey, makes you happy and want to dance, but also has more downbeat tracks as well as the crazy ones too, so as an album is interesting. I have listened to this second album 3 times today and I do like it, but wanted to love it, love it like star of love which was my album of the year for 2012 and its just not grabbing me at the moment, i'll keep at it right up until I see them live in November which should be great. this album is very samey though and its lyrically weaker than star of love too. if you haven't bought this yet and don't own star of love either then buy that first, or better still the remix album of star of love which has some great mixes and also some versions in Portuguese too which is nice. 3/5 so far for cave rave 5/5 always for star of love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just AMAZING, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Cave Rave (Audio CD)
This album is just amazing, love every single track!!
Great music, great lyrics! Excelent, fantastic, amazing, wonderful work Crystal Fighters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
Great sounds

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 May 2014
S.Cleminson (Chadderton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Escape to the beach., 3 July 2013
Lola (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cave Rave (MP3 Download)
This album was recommended to me by my Spanish friend, who claimed each and every song recorded on it is her favourite. Understandably so, as, after finishing listening to "Cave Rave" for the first time, I could not really distinguish one song from the next - they all sounded upbeat, happy, electronic (I am a fan) and yet sort of Balearic folk (that now explains why my Spanish friend loved it - have you noticed how all Spanish people love their national music?).

It's listenable and enjoyable to some extent (and after a number of listens I have my a couple of favourites, which I had on repeat a few times), I can imaging drinking my pina colada on the beach to it, but on a rainy London Wednesday - it's just a background music, rainy London Wednesday is no summer party.

Give it a listen if you enjoy Phoenix-style music and you don't pay particular attention to the lyrics, give it a listen if you enjoy electronic beats a la Basque, give it a listen if you enjoy playfulness and brightness in your music, give it a listen if you want to close your eyes and imagine yourself on the beach in the South of Spain. Don't give it a listen if your favourite band is Foals.

I give it 3 stars, because occasionally I want to close my eyes and imagine myself in the South of Spain, and Crystal Fighters are my companions on that imaginary journey. But strickly for that.

Cave Rave
Cave Rave by Crystal Fighters (Audio CD - 2013)