5.0 out of 5 stars A must see for loyal subjects of Our Queen!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
If you are looking for a documentary-style movie on HRH, then this is a great one!
After having read Robery Hardman's book entitled "Our Queen," it would only make sense to follow it up with a DVD!

There is some footage in here that one has not seen in other videos of the Queen.
This particular video follows the Queen throughout her Diamond Jubilee year.

I didn't want it to end!

Only drawback is that it hasn't been made more available to international amazon sites.....I had to e-mail ITV (the makers) to get this link to amazon.uk

God Save the Queen!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the latest and the best about Her Royal Highness ... and perhaps the last ... ?, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
OUR QUEEN (Prod./Dir. Michael Waldman, 2013, 95 minutes) is set in 2012, a bit after the Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. It is an all-around beautiful sort of 'catch-up' on the heels of the gorgeous 3-hour documentary hosted by Andrew Marr, The Diamond Queen - Presented by Andrew Marr (BBC) [DVD] (see my review).

In many ways it picks up where DIAMOND QUEEN left off--but do not expect much more behind-the-scenes if you are already a fan of such wonderful documentaries. Her Majesty sets boundaries and those are unassailable. This film does seem to dive deeper than any I have seen before, and I've seen 'em all. (For example, I loved the comments about the short film shown before the Olympics, in which the Queen starred alongside Daniel Craig.)

This film, as per usual, will irritate the viewer with its complete omission of Prince Harry, yet thankfully there is little of Camilla and Kate here. This shouts OUR QUEEN, not OUR COMMONERS. Get this: it is stunning and revelatory even to the biggest Buckingham-head.

What did I love most especially? The interior/exterior shots of Balmoral, usually off-limits. Even Marr couldn't get in THERE properly!

5.0 out of 5 stars 60 Glorious Years, Our Queen, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
A very well put together documentary. It really gave the Queen a more down to earth image and you were able to see she has a real sense of humour, without in any way removing respect or admiration for a magnificent woman who has given this country devoted service for most of her life. There is so little of worth on the television during the summer months, it was a pleasure to sit back and watch this excellent DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed watching this DVD. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in the background work that the Queen and her staff do before royal events.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Year for a Charming Lady, 8 May 2014
Thomas Myers - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
Okay, I'm one of the few Americans able enjoy PAL DVDs intended for the European market. Why, to see DVDs just like this. It is delightful. If you are looking for a sweet story of the Queen's Jubilee year, this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film!, 5 Sept. 2013
Roy (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great film if you want to see the day to day workings of the Monarchy in action!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST DVDs on the Queen, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
Although not as well-researched as the Diamond Queen or Queen and Country, this DVD provides an accurate and rather entertaining documentary about the Queen. Will satisfy the purist and curious alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth watching., 25 May 2013
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is well worth watching,very interesting,the Queen comes accros as a lovely person,with sense oif humour,well respected by her family too.

4.0 out of 5 stars First class, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
Very good indeed. A great tribute to The Queen and her years of service to the country. Do we need to write so many words.?

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good DVD covering the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Our Queen [DVD] (DVD)
A very good DVD covering the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, I had previously seen this on TV and it is worth owning as it is nice to watch it again.

Our Queen [DVD]
Our Queen [DVD] by Michael Waldman (DVD - 2013)