Format: DVDChange

on 20 June 2013
Absolutely loved Frankie what a brilliant programme I just really hope they commission a second series..highly reccommened this. Best tv since call the midwife and I think I even love Frankie just as much. :)
A friend at work told me about this new BBC series. I missed the first episode, starting to watch it from episode 2. Although I had missed the first one, it didn't mean that I enjoyed it any less. The 'story' was easy to get into and the whole cast of characters is perfect. Frankie, of course, is the main one. Working as a district nurse, we see her work colleagues (both those on her own team, plus doctors that she has to work alongside), but we also see a selection of different patients in each episode. The issues that these patients are dealing with are well managed and explored - as Frankie finds out herself, there are often times when things are not strictly black and white. What this means for the series is that, although there are plenty of times when the issues and the subject matter are quite serious, there is also plenty of humour to help us along the way.
I have loved this series; I will be sad to see it go after the final episode tonight. Hopefully they will make another series soon, just as good as this one.
11 comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2013
I'm so happy that this is out on DVD. It makes me really happy watching Eve Myles play Frankie, she has absolutely made it her own and i couldnt like the character more. Its such a good watch -I couldn't wait for the next episode. Lucy Gannon has written a true and heartwarming series and I hope to see it again!
on 11 February 2016
we liked this a lot, made by the b.b.c. but I never noticed it on TV before. she is a very likeable character. Googled to see if there was a second series coming, was quite surprised as well as sad to see there wasn't. maybe someone else will have the good sence pick up the ball and run with it as the b b c don't seem to know there arses from there elbows
on 4 February 2014
Best drama series of last year. All the characters are interesting in their own way and bring something to the programme. Eve is great. She brings her character to life and makes the show easy to watch. Can't wait for the next series.
on 2 May 2014
Eve Myles is a force of nature and to tell you the answer my wife gave me to
what I thought was a rather simple question,...:NoI!! You cannot bring her home to stay".
Lover the series. Miss it badly. Love Eve Myles,
on 10 January 2014
I enjoyed the series so much on TV, i bought it as a gift for my daughter. She wasn't able to watch it on TV because of work commitments, and I thought she would enjoy it as much as I did.
on 4 January 2014
Frankie is AMAZING !!!! wish we would get a series 2
We all need Frankie in our life ! ! !
Eve Myles played her brilliantly no one could have done it better!!!
on 11 August 2013
Really enjoyed this when it was on tv. Even better watching for a second time on DVD. Eve Myles is fantastic as Frankie. Wish all District Nurses were like her.
on 23 July 2013
This dvd is excellent. Eve myles is a great actress. From doctor who, merlin and of course Torchwood. Very funmny witty, sad and a good dvd all round.............