‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the definative work, 11 Dec. 2009
She's the best when it comes to pattern cutting, I rely on all her books and this, like all of her books, is both clear and comprehensive, if you know even the basics of pattern cutting, this will take you to the next level. Shame the drawings have really creepy eyes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Who would have thought it?, 4 May 2011
I'm really pleased with this book. Who would have thought pattern drafting was so straightforward? I got the book as I wanted to make some school dresses for my daughter and just couldn't find a pattern that was quite right. With a ruler, pencil and paper (oh and tracing paper is helpful) drafting your own patterns is quite simple. Once you've drafted the basic blocks then making any other pattern is just a few more steps. A really useful book so much so I'm thinking of getting the one for Womenswear.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic!, 14 Nov. 2014
I have the women's wear pattern cutting book and find the updated version of this children's pattern book very useful. The way the author tackles our modern day issues of obesity and the preference for easy care and easy wear fabrics makes the book invaluable for anyone who wants to make children's clothes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 2 Jan. 2011
I did a 3 year diploma in fashion design TWENTY years ago and the book we used was Metric Pattern cutting. I still use that book to this day as well as the menswear edition. The whole series is excellent - you can't go wrong with the basics!

5.0 out of 5 stars Winifred always rocks!, 7 Dec. 2010
When I first signed up for a 3 year full time course in fashion design, Winifred Aldrich's book, Metric Pattern Cutting for Women, was the book we were given from the university to help us tackle the difficult and complicated task of figuring out Pattern Drafting. And what a good choice they made! Thereafter, I have worked with many of Winifred's books, one of them being Metric Pattern Cutting for Children's Wear. I have tried some other pattern drafting books not of Winifreds... but I always come back here. After graduating my studies and having worked as a designer for some years, I still always refer back to Winifred's books whenever any questions arise. The drawings in the book are a little, let's stay stiff, but are however very clear and the point is made. Good luck and have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but not for beginners, 23 Mar. 2014
This is an excellent book and very detailed. Especially helpful with sizing which is not as obvious for kids as it is for adults. If you are new to making clothes you might find it bit off putting but stick with it and you won't regret it. The best book of its type on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I've ever owned., 24 May 2014
I use this book on a daily basis for sizing up custom dressmaking. It's clear, professional and extremely knowledgeable. I will later invest in the rest of this series x

4.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" book, 19 Oct. 2011
Simon William Woodhouse (strømmen, norway) - See all my reviews
If you are a creativ and want to make your own pattern, this is a brillinat book. I have searched for years to find this book. I also have the one for women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Metric Pattern Cutting for Children's Wear and Babywear, 27 Aug. 2013
I ordered this book to enable me to make my own patterns. I have been sewing for many years and have always adapted my own patterns but have never been able to make my own properly. This book is brilliant, I really love it. I would not recommend it however for people who have no knowledge of the basics of sewing as they could find it difficult to put into practice. I did read the reviews on this book before buying which helped me with my decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for., 5 Mar. 2013
This book has all of the measurements and info was I after to create and adapt blocks for a small collection of children's clothing. I read a few of the reviews before purchasing and would reiterate that it is not a pattern book, and so is probably not suitable for those with no pattern cutting experience -but if you want to draw up your own designs it has pretty much all the info you could want from birth to 14 years old. Expensive but invaluable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›