5.0 out of 5 stars Tablet stand
A great bit of kit. I'm in a wheelchair paralysed from just under the arms. I have an Archos with keyboard. I lock the keyboard horizontally and then can position it anywhere I need it. The Archos clips on and off the keyboard with ease, and is very secure. I'm going to post this product on disabled websites!!
Published 15 months ago by MuppettMan

1.0 out of 5 stars Snapped off at the base!!!
I bought this to fix to the side of my hot tub to hold my ipad so I could watch tv in the garden. When it arrived it seemed very sturdy and I was really pleased. But after only a couple of uses, the clamp snapped away from the gooseneck arm!!

Published 19 months ago by Aly2shoes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Snapped off at the base!!!, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Lavolta Adjustable Stand Holder Mount with Gooseneck Extension Arm for Apple iPad / iPad 2 / iPad3 / New iPad Retina / iPad Mini / iPad Air - Black (Accessory)

My ipad dropped straight into the water (still don't know if it is ruined yet as turned off to dry out). When I examined it I saw that the gooseneck is only connected to the clamp by a small line of welding (imagine fixing a pencil upright to the top of a polo mint) rather than having a fixing bolt through the hole in the clamp to give it stability. Unfortunately none of this weakness can be seen as there is a cover fixed over the connection. Given the weight of this stand and the fact that it is designed to be adjustable, it seems a very bad design fault. So be warned ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Tablet stand, 16 Sep 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 Nov 2013
It's really an amazing product. It's the only way we use the iPad with kids and dogs around. You can adapt and change position in a very quick and easy way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and sturdy bendy mount. Not especially refined. Fits many devices, though., 13 Dec 2014
Pallus (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
First impressions was that this was bigger than I was expecting.
It holds my 7" telephone as shown in my pics but won't go any smaller.
The instructions recommend attaching the clamp diagonally rather than laterally as shown on the product page.
For smaller devices (like my mobile) the lateral position is required but has to be secured tightly to stop the device slipping out sideways.
I found the 20" stalk really quite thick and sturdy; requiring both hands to bend into the required angle. But then I suppose it has to withstand all the tapping and swiping of the tablet/ithing once in place.
The holder rotates to accommodate both portrate / landscape tablet orientations.

The table clamp and holder both utilise black plastic hand-screw knobs for securing. These seem a wee bit lo-tech and basic but do the job perfectly well.

Also, the overhanging 'fingers' are an odd oval shape. And they are not adjustable for the depth of the item being gripped. This may require a bit of card or other padding to be placed behind the tablet etc. in order to get a good purchase.

The stand is still quite versatile. I've shown it holding a box of tissues in my accompanying photographs. It could also hold a mirror, say, so usage isn't restricted to tablets. I actually have a flat-panel TV aeriel which I have in mind for this stand.

The holder requires minimal assembly by slotting into a plate at the end of the gooseneck and 2 screws are supplied to secure it. The scews simply press into the plate of the holder; there is no recess for them to go into. This again seems a tad rudimentary although still functional.

I've dropped a star for the overall lack of refinement in the design of this product. That's not to say that it's BAD but those attracted to the minimalist styling of Apple products may find this jarrs a bit in comparison. -There is no clever sprung quick-release system. Levers or sleeker-looking thumbscrews may be a more modern-looking alternative to the black knobs.

Still, a very useful item and fairly priced, I'd say. I've upped a load of photographs which I hope are helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solidly built tablet holder, 13 Dec 2014
Mike Renshaw (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This product was sent to me by the manufacturer free of charge for review, no attempt was made to influence this review.

This comes well packaged and it's easy to assemble. The main arm adjusts to take pretty much any size tablet (I used an iPad mini) and you clamp in the bottom and adjust the the top to ensure a tight fit.

The opposite end has a clamp that fits securely to a table or pretty much anything that's got a decent gap for the screw clamp to clasp onto. The metal arm is flexible and allows you to put the tablet in pretty much any position. It's also surprisingly solid - it's very stable in use and not what I expected as there's no give in it at all, even when interacting with the tablet.

It's reasonable value for what you get, and I found it most useful for updated news, twitter and so on as a screen with a bit of interaction. A friend who has disabilities found this very easy to use with one hand - might be useful to people in a similar position.

The only issue I have is that it looks a bit unsightly when not in use - you could pack it back into the box but it's a bit fiddly. That aside, it's a good solid product that may have a niche market, but it's worth trying if you have a need.

Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 9 Jan 2014
lwts89 (Happy Valley, - Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
Good value, and does exactly what it says it does. The only issue is that it can hold the iPad a bit loosely, and accidental rotation is prevalent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical device, 17 Dec 2014
Alison "Kindle Allie" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I chose this item as I wanted a better way to use an iPad while spending a lot of time cycling on a stationary bike (part of my rehab after a leg fracture)! This mount needs a flat surface to grip around (it's really designed to be used with a desk/table or similar surface), and there is one part on my stationary bike where there is a spot. I've attached it around that point and it holds on tightly. The only downside is the rubbery grips stuck to the surfaces of the grips - the adhesive is not effective and they move off the surfaces, especially when trying to move the gooseneck arm about. They don't move enough to make the arm unstable, but you do need to be careful that the stand is still in a strong position following lots of adjusting. The flexible arm wobbles a little as I use the bike, but if this was used at a desk etc. then it would be very stable and still.

For my unusual purposes, this serves my needs very well. The 4/5 is because of the sticky pads reducing the ability for the device to maintain a fixed position when adjusting the arm.

I received this item for no charge from the supplier in exchange for an unbiased review. I have rated and reviewed this item according to my honest opinion of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal ipad picture frame mount, so long as you can use the clamp, 25 April 2014
Using the brackets gives a good secure mount and the goose neck is flexible yet strong enough to support the Ipad 1 which we are using as a picture frame. The only thing you need to watch is that you need a good 3 inches to clamp on to and a reasonably secure table. You may also need a USB extension cable so that you have enough length for the power (male to female).

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 31 Mar 2014
this is so good. the arm is very strong and stable. the adjustable holder can hold many others, not just iPad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on desk, 30 Dec 2013
Bought one of these a while ago and the decided to buy this one as a present for a family member. It's brilliant. The gooseneck is strong but allows you to manipulate it easily. Fixing to a desk is a doddle and the adjustable fixing means it can hold a variety of tablets with ease. Well worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›