4.0 out of 5 stars Warning - handle with care!
Firstly the positive, both the packaging and product are reassuringly well presented.
This is not something that's been thrown in a plastic bag with no visible branding to it.
For the price you can't complain about the quality, there's no sign of corners cut.

Now the negative, as someone has said before, you need three hands to use this.
Two...
Published 14 months ago by Alex

1.0 out of 5 stars Snapped off at the base!!!
I bought this to fix to the side of my hot tub to hold my ipad so I could watch tv in the garden. When it arrived it seemed very sturdy and I was really pleased. But after only a couple of uses, the clamp snapped away from the gooseneck arm!!

Published 24 months ago by Aly2shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning - handle with care!, 27 Mar. 2014

Now the negative, as someone has said before, you need three hands to use this.
Two hands to pull apart the spring loaded jaws and a third hand to put the tablet in it.
And God help your tablet if you slip!! It might bite the tablet in half (joking).
But it does hold the tablet more firmly than other stands I've used.
Just a shame there isn't more rubber under the base to stop it moving when pushed.

And finally, yes I would recommend this stand for certain uses.
It's definitely NOT suitable for frequently placing a tablet on and taking off again.
That's simply not how it functions.
It's more suited to use for holding the tablet firmly for long periods, perhaps when
working for several hours (or days) where the tablet won't be removed from it.

Oddly enough, because of it's design this stand works well where other stands wouldn't.
On a bed, on a couch, on grass. Mainly because the tablet is gripped firmly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Snapped off at the base!!!, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Lavolta Adjustable Stand Holder Mount with Gooseneck Extension Arm for Apple iPad / iPad 2 / iPad3 / New iPad Retina / iPad Mini / iPad Air - Black (Accessory)

My ipad dropped straight into the water (still don't know if it is ruined yet as turned off to dry out). When I examined it I saw that the gooseneck is only connected to the clamp by a small line of welding (imagine fixing a pencil upright to the top of a polo mint) rather than having a fixing bolt through the hole in the clamp to give it stability. Unfortunately none of this weakness can be seen as there is a cover fixed over the connection. Given the weight of this stand and the fact that it is designed to be adjustable, it seems a very bad design fault. So be warned ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great office addition, 19 Nov. 2013
Incredible space saver and very practical when it comes to reading ebooks. It is also very stylish and looks great on my desk

5.0 out of 5 stars GR8 STAND FOR MY IPAD!!!!!, 14 Aug. 2013
The stand is very sturdy. good quality. I love it for digital painting. I had other stands before, some bit too wobbly - some broke. This stand is the best for its build and quality and it is the one I most use for sketching, writing and typing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase., 17 July 2014
This product is brilliant. Sturdy, very easy to use - was almost put off by the review that said this wasn't an ideal product if you need to take the ipad out of the stand and put it back in regularly. Please I took the risk. Not this stand is good for either size of iPad and works well with other tablets too, so if like us you have a family with a variety of products, this will work with all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 Nov. 2013
It's really an amazing product. It's the only way we use the iPad with kids and dogs around. You can adapt and change position in a very quick and easy way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally marvellous, 27 April 2015
Arrived within 48 hours after placing order on a Saturday. Extremely well packaged. Took between 5 and 10 minutes to assemble with help of very clear instructions, and all parts present. Takes my ipad air, in it's magnetic flip cover for extra protection, although the cover is turned back and cannot be used in conjunction with the stand. None of the portals are compromised so I shall still be able to charge whilst using my tablet. A bit of wobble typing this but I would use my quirty keyboard for any lengthy writing. I am disabled, and this will be perfect for viewing catch up, etc., as it can be adjusted so easily for height and angle. It would appear to be one of those things that I really wish I had bought sooner, and I can honestly recommend it most highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tablet stand, 16 Sept. 2013
A great bit of kit. I'm in a wheelchair paralysed from just under the arms. I have an Archos with keyboard. I lock the keyboard horizontally and then can position it anywhere I need it. The Archos clips on and off the keyboard with ease, and is very secure. I'm going to post this product on disabled websites!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Long Arm, 24 Mar. 2014
Adrian (Reading, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this as I needed an arm for my Nexus 7 on my computer desk so I could see who was on Teamspeak while playing BF4.The flexible arm is longer than I needed and so is a bit of a problem because it is very rigid - dont expect it to do tight bends, but I managed to get it to support the tablet in the right place.

I had to turn the tablet brackets around so they faced the other way to give a tighter fit to the Nexus but overall its a great device and sure beats the Lego bracket I made before!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 16 Feb. 2014
I used it to hold my Samsung Note 10,1 and it works alright, although it can take a little getting used to using it.