5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !
I brought this as I wanted to save the weight, I must admit that I was somewhat put off by the price, however I'm just really glad I threw caution to the wind and brought it. It really is exceptional and most definitely worth spending the extra cash.
Overall it is a very good investment.
Published 9 months ago by Stephen Tremmel

2.0 out of 5 stars Too easy to puncture.
My old review:
Its expensive. But it is VERY small and VERY light.
My only worry is that it might not last for a long time. If it lasts, then its the perfect Mattress for motorcycle trips. Fits everywhere!

Published 7 months ago by Nikos

2.0 out of 5 stars Too easy to puncture., 25 Dec 2013
My old review:
Its expensive. But it is VERY small and VERY light.

NOW: Second time me and my wife used the matt (first time was only one night) and one of the two had a small puncture which ruined our good night's sleep. We used both mats only inside a tent and with a sleeping bag. For the second day I had to buy a cheap Chinese matt for 15 euros which did the job. No visible wear and tear on the mattress, had to search a lot using a bathtub full of water to finally find the small hole around the neck area (while asleep).
So, 140 euros for something XLite and Xeasy to puncture? After all, its intended use is in the wilderness, not in our home. This is the first time i buy a mattress so expensive (first time to buy a thermarest matt. I heard about their lifetime warranty. Tried to email cascadedesigns, got no response. Sorry, but never again, very disappointed.

Edit2: They contacted me after a while and offered me a repair free of charge as a sign of goodwill if i send it to Ireland's headquarters. Sending it there will cost me the curier's fees and so i opted to repair it myself with the kit it contains.
So now it is 2 stars. If it keeps me for at least some more nights afloat i will give it more stars. Till that time comes, this mattress has to prove that the first puncture was once in a 1000 and that it really is it's money worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !, 17 Oct 2013
Overall it is a very good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 2 Sep 2013
comfortable and like sleeping on an electric blanket, kept me warm all night - it could just be a bit wider possibly

5.0 out of 5 stars My best mattress, 25 May 2014
I got the large version, it's a bit heavier, but I usually sleep on my side, and It gives me the same warmth, comfort and complete rest as sleeping in my bed at home.
I don't bother and waist time by fully inflating it, it works better (for me) partially deflated.
The crumpling noise is hardly an issue, believe me, especially if you're tired, as you should be after serious hiking!
It might be a little less robust than heavier mattresses, so, just like all UL gear, handled accordingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 April 2014
Super light, super small when packed. Perfect so far. Only question I have regards durability. Time will tell on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems almost too light and compact (when deflated!) to be true!, 1 Mar 2014
Bought this fine lightweight mattress for use on walking the West Highland Way later this year (2014). I was reluctant to pay the high price of 86 for this product, but it was highly rated in lightweight backpacking reviews. It turned out when I unpacked the box that it was metaphorically produced just down the road from where I live here in southern Ireland! I couldn't believe how light it felt and when (easily) inflated it felt as though it might float away, and would in only a moderate wind! On trying it out by lying on it, I was impressed by its comfort and almost immediate body heat reflection abilities. However the slight down side is that because of its featherweight construction you feel that it's going to burst like a balloon! I'm used to many years of using the almost as light but very bulky and trusty Karrimor "Expedition Karrimat", which has been much abused with hot mugs, rocky and even probably thorn or thistle covered ground with no more damage than a few harmless indentations! The thought of using this mattress in such conditions seems like tempting fate, so I will treat it with due care! The upside is the great comfort compared to a Karrimat and I look forward to some good nights sleep on my West Highland Way walk!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and packs very small, 27 April 2014
Haven't used the product enough yet to give it more than a cursory rating based on excellent design and the space and weight saved when packed when compared with other products.
The limited use has proven it to be comfortable, I have not used it enough yet to determine its durability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves the ultra light weight, 28 Jan 2014
Myself, I couldn't sleep on this to save my life, but then I've got back/neck injuries. My husband on the other hand loves this mat. It's very light weight, not much bigger than a 12oz cola can, and probably weighs less than one. Keeps him warm from ground chill, and all around he's pretty happy with it.

Haven't used it in anger yet, so unsure of its durability. Do plan to use a ground cloth at the least with this as it's pretty thin stuff... We shall see..

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 13 Dec 2013
Better than sleeping in a bed and it is really warm. Perfect for sleeping on a hard floor. Great night's sleep!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but a bit narrow, 24 Dec 2012
M. Ellingham "Mark Ellingham" (London, England) - See all my reviews
That's about the size of it. It works brilliantly – packs away like a dream – easy to inflate. But a few more inches would be even better.

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xlite Mattress