5.0 out of 5 stars Follow my lead and have a great read!, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Following The Lead (Kindle Edition)
Have been waiting a number of years to read Following the Lead and once I finally got my hands on it I couldn't put it down! What an honest account of Avril's career as a dog trainer and also of her life as a dog owner. Along with of course lots of advice and training exercises on dealing with behaviour and training issues.

Bosting especially touched a sad note with me as I had to give up on my rescue Border Collie Robbie last May after several severe attacks on me, my partner and our other dogs. Rob was really my first experience of a truly dominant dog with real aggression issues and I can tell you it's a tough one.

It was lovely reading all about Ted. Teddy has a special place in my heart as he is the dad of my Colliedoodle Winnie, who just like he did, has a passion for life and a unique charm that has everyone wrapped firmly around her paws and instantly playing ball.

As well as being a fantastic read, it also made me realise that although Robbie was a disaster, when I look back at the achievements and highlights of all my own dogs, I haven't done such a bad job with them after all. I believe they all have a reason for sharing our lives and they all have something to teach us and I especially loved Avril's 'lessons learnt' from each of hers.

The one thing this book doesn't quite spell out to you is how many people Avril has helped and what a superb dog trainer she is. Over everything else the ones that teach you the most are the dogs themselves, all the difficulties and highlights you'll read about are experiences and lessons that Avril passes on to those she works with. I can tell you from experience its all good stuff!

It was well worth the wait, read and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read Jam packed with useful training tips, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Following The Lead (Kindle Edition)
Touching and heart warming story bringing dog training to life

I couldn't put it down Practical advice and clear strategies

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotions,emotions., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Following The Lead (Kindle Edition)
to anyone who's ever loved and lost their loved dog...you must read this, every step of the way I have recalled all the dogs we have had and loved, their personalities,the way they have owned us and the way we think we have trained them,they definitely ruled us in so many ways! they always have given us so much in return. thanks avril, tears have been shed reliving your experiences, so glad we have found you again to help with the training of the next generation of collies...singha has benefited already...thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars I did "follow the lead", 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Following The Lead (Kindle Edition)
Really emotional read, love how "lessons learnt" from each dog included. I cried at the end. I have "followed the lead" and book a recall lesson with Avril.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential advice especially for a new dog owner, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Following The Lead (Kindle Edition)
Learn from this really classic behaviour patterns and how to deal with common problems as a Rescue behaviourist I wish every new dog owner should buy it to avoid the problems with their dog as it would makes fewer dogs in Rescue !
great value and very interesting read

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed, 29 April 2013
Maggot (Hertfordshire england) - See all my reviews
The book was great. Having
Having taken our puppy to her, it is so true all that she relates in the book. A wonderful person with all types of dogs. I would recommend this book to all my friends. A book that I enjoyed reading fun and sadness that all dog lovers feel.

Following The Lead by Avril Munson