5.0 out of 5 stars a novel of terror...
Or.... A mad reunion of characters from most of his works of fiction! Now, I am a mad fan, I'd read whatever he wrote under whatever name he chose to write it. I think the sun shines out of his left ear and onto the pages...,
But ... I really think that you need to have read the other novels first. Yes, there are a few lines of explanation he and there with one...
Published 19 months ago by jo watts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best work
If you've read the previous novels containing the characters in this story you'll probably find it an okay read but I found it a bit lacking in character development and wished I knew a bit more about the character from Origin, one of the novels I hadn't read. I imagine it would be worse for people who hadn't read the other books.

It is pretty fast paced and...
Published 19 months ago by Family Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Good plot, but 2D characters, 19 Jun 2013
Penelope Jones (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book as I always enjoy a good haunted house book. The story was well plotted, however as I had not read the other books, which the characters were in, I found myself bookmarking the character list at the end of the book and having to repeatedly go to Amazon to try and understand what their backstory was. I wasn't overly keen on the characters and even the antagonists, I found to be too joyful and a bit saccharine in nature; however the actual story and plot were good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read but not amazing!, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
Although quite well written and had a reasonable story line was not enough suspense for me and not a thrill ride but a good read all the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haunted House, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
A damn good midnight read!! This book, scary as it is, cannot be put down easily, you gotta finish it - if you dare!! X

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
as with all the Jack Kilborn books a fantastic read that keeps you on the edge of your seat until the end

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, fast paced read, but use a spellchecker!!!, 11 Jun 2013
Flew21 (Northants, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
Interesting to use characters from the other books together in one story, and its quite effective.
Can't help but be slightly put off by the NUMEROUS spelling mistakes though! Surely this should be picked up before publishing-even on an ebook?!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting read!, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
I have never read a horror novel before but thought I would try this. It's an easy read and I think I will give his other books a go.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this book a lot., 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
Although this book does say that the characters within have been gathered from other fictional works by these authors, I thought I would give it a chance anyway, and I'm glad I did.

The characters were a little two dimensional at first, and I had trouble distinguishing one from the other for a short while, as there were so many. But as you progress through the story, you get to know them a little better, and things even out. The back stories to the characters are in the other books they were gathered from, and we get a glimpse in this story of what had previously happened to them.

The story itself was really interesting, and centred on an experiment where the subject of the study was fear. Each of the characters had survived certain extreme situations and knew intense fear well. They ended up together in a haunted house, after being promised a million dollars if they survived a night there.

Things didn't go as planned for everyone concerned, and I think it ended rather well.

Unfortunately, there were far too many editing errors in the book, so I have only given it three stars. But editing issues aside, I will be buying the other books, as the authors now have a new fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
I found this book was rushed. And the typo's and mistakes were a surprise as well as disappointing. I have read all of his books. This one I would never have paid for if I knew. Sorry :-(
I have changed the star rating from 1 to 3. I have just read that the wrong copy was uploaded and now has the finished book uploaded so at least the typo's and mistakes will be gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, loved the concept of bringing back characters from previous books, although you don't have to read the earlier books to appreciate a great story. Fantastic read as always with some very gruesome moments!!

5.0 out of 5 stars briliant, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
kilborn is always an excellent read and this five star is a no brainer! read this in one sitting .write quicker i want more!

Haunted House - A Novel of Terror