5.0 out of 5 stars a novel of terror...
Or.... A mad reunion of characters from most of his works of fiction! Now, I am a mad fan, I'd read whatever he wrote under whatever name he chose to write it. I think the sun shines out of his left ear and onto the pages...,
Published 19 months ago by jo watts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best work
If you've read the previous novels containing the characters in this story you'll probably find it an okay read but I found it a bit lacking in character development and wished I knew a bit more about the character from Origin, one of the novels I hadn't read. I imagine it would be worse for people who hadn't read the other books.

It is pretty fast paced and...
Published 19 months ago by Family Man

5.0 out of 5 stars a novel of terror..., 10 May 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
But ... I really think that you need to have read the other novels first. Yes, there are a few lines of explanation he and there with one character explaining to another which particular form of hell they went through, JT I do think your going to be confused and in the dark without reading them. That said, this is a book about a groups of survivors who are enticed into a haunted house to take part in a study on fear, in which they are all experienced. The offer of a million dollars helps most of them decide to go, and they are then met with scenarios they have experienced previously. Or so they think...
I'm not going into any more detail than that because I will ruin the entire book, I have one thing left to say to Mr Konrath/Kilborn/Kimball.... Where were Jack and Harry?????

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunted House, 10 Nov 2013
Knobby (Darlington, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
What a fantastic idea, to bring back the survivors from the previous novels and put them through absolute hell again....

Only a very special, fiendish and ruthless author could do such a thing.

It's a great story and scary as hell, although certainly not the best work from the author.

It is nevertheless a great book especially for those that are new to the author.

4.0 out of 5 stars A rattling good yarn, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
A fun, simple but fairly suspenseful read, with all the ingredients for a satisfying haunted house story. Not as gripping a rollercoaster ride as Afraid but enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fear, 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
I didn't realise until later on in the book why some of the characters and place names sounded familiar, it's because this book contains a mash up of characters we've met in previous novels, some of which I haven't read or I read a few years ago, which is why it wasn't glaringly obvious from the start.

I didn't find the novel scary at all if I'm honest but I've read so many horror/supernatural books I'm probably desensitised :-) however, I still really enjoyed the story and the fact that the characters start to fight back and hold their own against the terrors they face.

If you're a fan of this author and genre then I think you'll really enjoy this, it's actual better than some of his earlier work.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Haunted House (Paperback)
Loved it,if you have read other books by Kilburn and liked them this is for you read within 3days brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
I could not put this book down. It's one of the best books I've ever read. Terrifying !!!! Read if you dare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack Kilborn is a star!, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
I loved the books leading up to this and probably would have given this 5 stars if I hadn't felt some of these others were even better. Jack Kilborn makes me laugh and grimace pretty much all the time. His books mirror the really good horror films where loads of hideous stuff happens, but the people you want to pull through do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
As usual brilliant, page turning graphic novel which keeps you guessing till the end. Can't wait to read the next one...

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
i love this writer and this very,unfortunately, short book was really enjoyable, will definitely look for more by him, i like the way he brings humour into the things he writes

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to read, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
I found this fun to read, mostly since I have read 4 of the 6 relevant texts. After reading this I'll be looking to download the remaining two aswell.
To really enjoy and understand this I would say that you would need to have read at least 2 or 3 of the previous works. I don't feel it would work as a standalone, which is why I've rated it a 4*.
I've enjoyed everything I've read by this author. There are a few grammar and editing issues in places, but not enough to detract from the story or to make it an unpleasant read.
It was interesting to be brought back around to so many familiar characters, to be able to see them all in one setting. I think the idea of the book is brilliant.

The content lives up to expectations; is appropriately gory and limit pushing. Not for the faint hearted.
Slow paced to begin with, but becomming more engrossing towards the middle, with maybe a slight rushed feeling by the end.
Perhaps a little cliche at points with the characters, but not in a detrimental way.

I was disappointed when I reached the end, I'd recommend this, but ONLY if you've read the author's background works required for it, without those, or at least some of them, this could be confusing.

Haunted House - A Novel of Terror