on 31 January 2014
Open Regedit
head to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\HID\VID_04F2&PID_1286&MI_02\a&1885e9a6&0&0000\Device Parameters

Change the FlipFlopHScroll to 1
Change FlipFlopWheel to 1
change VScrollHighResolutionDisable to 1

Reboot

All sorted :)
on 12 June 2013
Although I have a touchscreen, it's not as easy to use as I would like. I bought the Peripad to give me a bit of functionality where I need it most; beside my keyboard. The spec stated that it works on Windows 8, & that was the reason that I purchased it. Other available touchpads do not specifically state that they work for Windows 8 or 8.1, & indeed, I had to cancel an order for a different one when I found out that it didn't have windows 8 functionality.

The Peripad is supplied with 2xAAA batteries & the micro-dongle. The dongle works best when plugged into a main USB port: plugging into a USB hub can cause a loss of connection. There are 23 functions available, including all of the regular mouse buttons & movements. For Windows 8 & 8.1, you can carry out the following tasks:

One Finger
Cursor movement
Tap
Left-edge swipe
Right-edge swipe
Top-edge swipe (Close open App)
Top-edge swipe (Reveal App menu)

Two Fingers
Scroll up/down. Tilt left/right
Zoom in
Zoom out
Rotate
2-finger tap (Reveal App menu)

Three fingers

Display Windows 8 User Interface

Physical Click Buttons
Mouse left
Mouse right
Mouse middle (uses left & right buttons together)

So the pad has a good range of useful functions & it is very easy to use. It's a nice size & doesn't move around on slippery surfaces, thanks to the soft-rubber feet. It has the physical mouse buttons situated on the underside of the pad, & these seem quite substantial. There is an on/off switch on the underside of the pad for battery-saving purposes. General build quality also looks good, but I can't comment on longevity yet, as it's a fairly new product. The price point is lower than most of the brand-leader (Windows 7) touchpads &, although the price wasn't a factor in my choice, it was nice to save a few pounds.

It is certainly a useful tool for Windows 8 or 8.1 users, & Windows 7 users would also benefit as it was designed for this platform too.
on 21 September 2013
This touchpad works pretty much as you'd expect right out of the box which is just as well as there is no means to configure it. I would expect there to be a control panel to configure things such as gestures, tap to click and direction of scroll etc, as the Apple touchpad on a Mac has. That said, all the gestures that you'd expect are there. The only issue I had was that they are not the same as the Apple touchpad which I am more used to. Given time, I'll get used to the different gestures I'm sure.

One minor issue I've noticed is that if the receiver is plugged into the pc when it is first switched on (before windows loads) , the keyboard repeat rate is very high indeed (i.e. typing a letter registers multiple letters). This shouldn't be an issue unless you have a BIOS password set (or in my case some crazy security thing installed as it's a work machine) and temporarily removing the receiver cures the problem entirely.

All in all, I'd recommend this item as it represents good value for money and is well styled too.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 January 2015
Got this as I saw it as an opportunity to use a trackpad similar to the one I enjoy using on my MacBook, and have been very pleased with it.

Not much to the unboxing - there is the pad itself, a nice, matt black affair, that looks well constructed, and stylish. There is a short user's guide which explains all you need to know, including the gestures that are supported by the pad.
Finally, there is a small USB receiver to allow communications between the pad and the PC.

Install was very simple. Just a case of turning the pad on, and plugging the receiver into a USB port on your PC. Literally didn't have to do anything over and above that, the pad started working immediately, which was a big plus.

I found the pad easy and comfortable to use. Clicks worked exactly as expected, and I found the gestures no problem to use at all, response was quick and consistent.

Only dislike was the default inverted scrolling method - Apple seems to try and foist this on users, and this follows that pattern, which is quite frustrating. I would have expected this to be changed via a control panel setting, but couldn't find anything, but followed the tip from another reviewer, and this worked perfectly, so no real problem.

In summary, an excellent product.
on 1 November 2013
I tried this product for three weeks and I was determined to make myself like it - however, in the end I just got so frustrated that it has sat in my desk drawer ever since. The pad itself isn't so bad - my issue is with the responsiveness of the buttons, which are pretty awful. I can't tell you how many times I was dragging a set of files to another folder only for the button to be released half way through and my files going somewhere I hadn't intended. It needs a lot more development to make it right.
on 21 February 2014
Bought this partly as a precursor to getting Win 8 (far cheaper than buying a new touchscreen monitor).
However, I also bought this and a "air-mouse" as alternatives to a standard mouse so I could relieve my arthritic/rsi pain.

By now having three input devises (actually four because I also bought a "finger mouse", but found that to be just a useless gimmick) I can swing the changes depending on what I'm doing (eg the air-mouse is great for surfing)

On balance, I'd say "buy"
on 12 March 2015
It works well with Windows based computers (Windows 8 and 8.1 especially), but has no support for Macs other than Point and Click
on 25 February 2015
OK for occasional use. click tabs not light enough to be used all the time. Good for sweeping and swiping, set at a nice angle to work with. Scrolling works Apple way around, so have to get used to that, no way to reset it to my own needs.
Wouldn't buy one again, but think it will entertain children on the paint programs and keep their sticky fingers away from my mouse!
Good Quality product, but the lack of ability to personalize it lets it down.
on 3 October 2013
Bought this due to my disability making using a mouse painful, used for about two week now but find it is not any good for me. The product its self is good & better the using the touch pad on your laptop ( no having to lean forward while using )
The problem is my disability, no problems with the touchpad, postage was fast, packaging was good & protected the item well while in the post. I would use this seller again with no worries 100%
on 26 February 2015
OK for the price but not the most accurate of touchpads, moving the pointer to click on close window for example not as dependable as a standard mouse. Problem is that the pointer moves slightly when you tap, no fiddling with mouse settings seem to improve this.