on 15 September 2013
I found lsodm to be a lot better than kotw, mainly because kotw left a lot of strings dangleing and even went out of iit's way to avoid answering questions. While lsodm tied nearly everything up in a nice neat bow, three things are unaccounted for but hey you can't have everything.
on 14 September 2013
Great as always , brilliant to read as is every book of the skulduggery series ,only thing I hate is that I have wait another year before the next book ..... never stop writing derek , really recommend this book that is filled with suspense,humour and pure genius !!!!!!!!
on 2 December 2013
We all know the SP series are the best ever. With witty, brave charecters and a brilliant plot; highly entertaining.What more could you ask for? Therefore im not going to talk about the story itself rather the actual book.
I received it in good time however when i opened it i saw the book was damaged, the spine and along the edges. There was also a piece missing from the cover. On the pages along the edge, there were some dirty marks, what appeared to be fingerprints. I was highly disapointed as Amazon has never let me down before. That being said however, they were happy to replace my book, free of charge and i'm in the the process of returning my copy.
i HIGHLY reccomend this series...just be a let down to recieve my book in such a condition.
on 25 September 2013
I have been following the wild world of Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant since friends got me the first book for my birthday a few years ago. After racing through the remaining books that were out I now have to wait for a fresh instalment every year. It's never an easy wait but this year offered us double the fun, what with Tanith Low getting her own dark caper out there in April. Last of the Dead Men is a big old read and, for me, a little slow to start with compared to the previous stories. Still, though, once it gets going this one will take your breath away. It is one huge, spiralling web of war, deceit and sacrifice that will leave you struggling to hold in the gasps. A great read, a true blockbuster. Roll on next year!
on 15 October 2013
I love this book,
It's got everything I like! Magic, humour and a tad of violence (a lot of violence!)
But if you want to read this book you must make sure the read the previous seven if you want to understand it more!
So this is my review and I don't know what else to say except give you so info from the book.

Valkyrie knows one more slip, one more near death experience and Darquesse will be unleashed for good.
Fights will be fought,
Friends will die,
And mysteries will be revealed...
Who is the man with Golden eyes?
What was his plan?
What will happen to the Dead Men?
And what will happen to Valkyrie, Stephanie and Darquesse?
Read the book to find out...
on 25 October 2013
After waiting avidly for the latest installment of Skulduggery Pleasant, I cannot say I was disappointed. I read this so quickly and am now gutted that I have finished it because the next one is not coming until September. Once again Landy delivered a masterpeice and left us hanging...AGAIN!! You fall in love with the Dead Men and hope that they will all pull through as the plot twists and turns. Honestly, this book grips you and will not let you go until it has finished with you, leaving you longing for more. This is undoubtedly my favourite series (even though it is not in my age category) and although I am eagerly awaiting the next I really don't want the series to end because I am not sure that it will be happy.
on 31 December 2013
I rated this book 5 stars because the series has entertained me thoroughly I am really In to reading and have become attached to some of the characters in this book. It is a very gripping bad exciting story and it just shows how awesome skullduggery and valkyrie are. I would recommend this to people with a creative imagination and a passion for reading books full of suspence action and wonder between the ages of 13 and even heading towards young adults (19-20). Sorry if tho is long winded but it's my first book review and if you don't buy the book after reading this then you are a fool for passing up such an opportunity
on 16 September 2013
After reading the book, I'm a bit disappointed, because it has an aweful lot of fighting and at the same time a lot less magic in it. It seems, a lot of the fighting is done with guns and rifles, rather than air and shadows :-(. There's not much flying and doing magic at all. Also the tension is rising and does not get resolved at the end of the book. Now we have to wait another year!!!! until we finally find out.
Over all though, the book is rather interesting and "unputdownable". Let's hope for a happy ending to the series - although we would have preferred another 10 or so books before the finale ;-).
on 3 September 2013
This book... couldn't put it down. Well the first thing I can say about it is that it should become a movie. ._.
If you like books that has action and a little humour in, then this book is more than definitely for you!
It's so good I may have to spoil it for all my friends. (They are as big fans of this book series as I am)
I sometimes it was hard to follow in a way that it is because I am reading it off a different... "surface" as usual, this is my first book on my kindle, so it kind of figures.
I would definitely be recommending this to everyone that I talk to! Well done, Derek! :)
on 28 November 2014
Absolutely heart-wrenching to read; I don't want to give too much away though so I won't say any more on the matter.

Definitely one of the best of Derek Landy's books. . . (wait I say that about all his books!); I just can't believe how many emotions I went through whilst reading this - it was an absolute roller coaster!
I'm so excited about reading the next one, but I'm dreading it a little too because I don't want to see my favourite characters leave!

Skulduggery and Valkyrie till the end!

(Absolutely loved how we got to see China develop as a character!)