on 15 December 2013
I really don't like reviewing things, but I just had to do it in this case. I'll keep it short.

Positive:
- Huge screen, after updating the software there is a possibility to hide the os navigation buttons, which gives extra centimeter to the screen.
- Huge battery, I'm not gonna lie, it does drain, but much slower than any other phone I have ever used. I get around 20 hours of heavy usage out of it.
- Slot for expandable memory - took my 64gb sdcard without problems. (Note you have to format your sdcard in FAT32 first)
- OS. There I said it, Huawei does not come with any useless bloatware. It add's some useful functions to the native Android. Comes with a pre-installed office program that can produce excel, powerpoint and normal text documents alá small microsoft office.
- Color reproduction is amazing - I don't understand why people review the screen resolution so negatively, as my 40 inch TV comes with the same resolution, and I'm not complaining about any pixels.

Negative:
- As there is no physical buttons, take care of the power button on the right side, be gentle with it and it will hold for a long time.
- With the screen like that, buy a case for it, as the phone is big you will drop it eventually - it's just a matter of time.
- Not the fastest guy around, but definitely is among the top brands. I'd compare it to Samsung Note 2, but Huawei is just slightly faster.
- Only 8gb internal memory, of which you have only 3-4gb to play with, so install everything on sdcard if possible.
33 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 August 2013
Excellent phone, quick, and with a nice little community of people willing to help at xda-developers.com. Has replaced my Asus Fonepad (after 3 months!) as my favourite, because it fits in a trouser pocket of 32" waist jeans! Excellent value, what more can I say...
Angus the gadget man!
33 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2014
This phone is called "Mate" and it is just that.

With it you can do everything you would want to. -- And it's fun too.

Best mate I've ever had.
on 30 May 2014
I thought about buying this phone for three months, but am so glad I went ahead. Yes, It's big, but that's why I wanted it. I can read websites and books much more easily than the Note II sized phone I had previously. Sound quality is better than my (admittedly lousy) laptop. The memory is big enough that I can now get all the apps on it that I want and powerful enough for a great response time. The camera is pretty good - OK not quite HTC/iPhone standard, but good enough for my purposes. Even better, unlike so many other manufacturers, Huawei doesn't load the phone down with huge quantities of bloatware! If you are looking for a phablet I don't think you'll go wrong with this.