5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?
Saw PSB supporting the Manic Street Preachers at The Ritz, Manchester last week. Excellent musicianship and interesting sound, they also went down pretty well with a hardcore Manics crowd. I like this sort of stuff though, it reminds me of Stereolab crossed with Fluke. My wife hated it.
Published 19 months ago by GR Burns

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as EP One nor The War Room EP
Published 23 months ago by Leidey

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 29 Sept. 2013
GR Burns - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inform - Educate - Entertain (MP3 Download)

4.0 out of 5 stars I have one word to say..., 6 Jan. 2015
COLOURBOX.
This sampling under music has been done before by Colourbox, over 30 years ago.Try 'Just Give 'em Whiskey'. PSB are very good , but not unique.
Come to think of it, Colourbox would have got the idea from Byrne & Eno's 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts' LP, which was groundbreaking,and MUCH more out there than PSB (or Colourbox).

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant British Classic- stiff upper lip old boy !, 15 Aug. 2013
I love this album. Indie guitar over that classic voiceover of the people who did the public service announcements.
Best track for me is Spitfire, the story of the world war two fighter plane over 3 minutes or so of spoken word and music.
On constantly in the car, please buy this album, I am sure it will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars the title says it all ' inform, educate and entertain' : It most certainly does, 10 Mar. 2015
Came to hear Public Service Broadcasting only recently but just love their music. Seems like a cross between OMD (especially their album Dazzle Ships with similar vocal inserts in their tracks), New Order and other great electro bands of the 80's, only now brought bang up to date for the 21st century. a great duo with some wonderful writing. And if you like this (i did immensely), you must hear their newest album 'Race for Space'

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 15 Mar. 2015
The first full length album from PSB and every track is brilliant.
Based around 50's Public Service Films but overlaid with modern rhythms and beats, this is a grower for sure.
Probably Britain's best new band since Bloc Party, they manage to sound cutting edge and retro at the same time - a very hard trick to pull off.
Absolutely superb, a five star must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting lp, 3 May 2014
in the same genre as Lemon Jelly, very good music with sampled narratives over the top, bloody good sounds, go buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 21 July 2013
Very original, but in a way thats old. ether-way it sound good & thats what matters, they are a group to watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shows potential, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Inform - Educate - Entertain (MP3 Download)
This is a good album but not as good as the new one 'Race to Space'. It has very good tracks on it but lacks a direction as in the new one. It is almost like a compilation of tracks from elsewhere. It is a good starting point though, so you can see their potential. Buy this as a starting point as I think this band has bigger and better yet to offer. David Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as EP One nor The War Room EP, 10 May 2013
Having been a fan of PSB since hearing the first play of ROYGBIV on Radio 6 last year, I am slightly underwhelmed by this album. I pre-ordered the War Room EP, and this as soon as they became available. The War Room improves with listening, and some of the non-single tracks are superb. I was expecting more of the same with I-E-E, but sadly it hasn't grabbed me in the same way. EP One is also better, in my opinion. Between EP One, and the War Room, you have all the best tracks from I-E-E, plus better ones. Only Everest is missed.

This is widly touted as the breakthrough album for PSB, but having tried to explain the concept to non-fans and raving about the release of this album, I can't see it happening. Plays on the radio have brought PSB to a whole much larger audience, hence favourable reviews, as they still see the novelty in the concept. However, once this has worn off, their isn't as much to listen to as in the War Room. There isn't a theme to it, and I think a theme would link tracks much better, as in The War Room EP. As it is, I-E-E sounds like a "best of" but without their best tracks.

The War Room

I certainly hope this album is a success and leads to more releases from PSB. Hopefully themed albums, as The War Room EP.

Some reviews have tipped this for being one of the albums of the year. Personally, I would wait for Field of Reeds by These New Puritans before making a judegement. I listened to Fragment Two immediately after my first play of I-E-E, and that completely blew me away.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says!, 6 July 2014
I really like the concept and the music these talented guys weld together. Vinyl is excellent quality sound. Several good tracks, topped by their "hits" Spitfire and Everest. See them live if you can, or at least on You Tube, to get the videos and quite a helping of humour. I just wonder where they're going from the niche that they've made for themselves.

Inform - Educate - Entertain