Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.74

VINE VOICEon 15 March 2011
I haven't found a lot of post rock that appeals to me. Much of it seems monotonous and impenetrable. The bands I do like are those that mostly use conventional instruments who manage to impart a strong theme into their music which I can visualise. They create the soundtrack and I create the images if you like. TWDY are certainly a band who can do this. Their similarities to Explosions In The Sky are obvious but they successfully use a much larger range of sounds and instruments to paint a far broader canvas of images and emotions. The styles of this mini-LP (it's over 40 minutes long so I wouldn't really call it an EP) follow a lot of post rock conventions with their alternating loud / quiet sections but the melodies are exceptional. The start of opening track "Quiet" with it's guitar supported piano part is simple yet breathtakingly beautiful. Such a shame the only direction they can think of to take it in is to smother it in increasing layers of distorted guitar. Otherwise this is a gem of a cd with perfect little melodies popping up all over and a percussionist who knows how to add interest in the quiet sections and how to drive the music when its required (no monotonous marching rhythms here !). For newcomers to post rock this would be the perfect introduction but don't expect it all to be this good.
on 9 December 2006
I bought this after hearing The World Is Our ____. It's not usually the type of music I listen to and I never usually buy after hearing one song, but I couldn't stop listening to that one song so I thought why not.

I have no regrets at all about buying it-it is one of my favourites. The sort of album that you just sit around simply listening to. You don't want to hear anything else incase it ruins the mood 'Young Mountain' puts you in. Simply amazing. My favourite song is 'Quiet', there are no words to describe how great that song is.

Buy it. You'll love it.
on 14 June 2007
I've been using Last.fm recently and it's costing me money... Not that I mind when I unearth such treasures as this. They play extremely beautiful guitar-led post-rock in the same vein as 'Explosions in the Sky' - I have shivers down my spine listening to this. It works even better when alone at night, on headphones (as I am now :) ) - heartbreaking stuff.
on 14 February 2008
I listen to bands like Killswitch Engage, From Autumn to Ashes, etc, and I don't listen to instrumental music. My father has the complete collection of Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Red Sparrows... and none of them really got to me. (with the exception of Tool), but this one, this album by This Will Destroy You, really impressed me. It brought me to new places I want to be... It's so worth it.
on 2 August 2013
Very quick delivery, vinyl arrived in perfect condition with no transit damage and the finish of the vinyl is gorgeous.

One of my favourite albums and it's a joy to have it in my LP collection.
on 26 January 2015
Brilliant album from a brilliant top class band. Many cold nights have been spent wondering the snow filled streets with my camera and this in my ears. Perfect.
on 15 October 2006
Forget any kudos for this being a small record, buy if you like warm, rich and brilliant post rock. comparisons to Explosions, Mono, Et al stand up but this has it's own identity and is so much better for it. buy it, buy it, buy it.
on 9 November 2015
Just buy it for the second track! One of the best guitar tracks I've heard!
on 24 March 2015
The item is not as described or shown in the picture.
on 2 September 2007
One of the best albums i have heard all this year! The world must need more bands like you.
Thank you!