5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality
The Bose SoundDock II system has the most amazing sound. Bose really know how to let you here every detail in a piece of music. There are not any controls on the unit other than volume. You do not need to tweek any trebles or bass as the sound is just amazing. I would throughly recommend this product. I wish I had purchased it sooner!
Published on 25 Aug. 2011 by Tarcon

1.0 out of 5 stars Bose soundDock problem
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality, 25 Aug. 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Bose soundDock problem, 18 Jan. 2012
I bought this product just over two years ago. It has recently stopped producing any sound when the iPod is inserted. I have done some research online and it seems that this problem is not uncommon. The repair costs ú75 and is only guaranteed for a further 12 months. Bose admit that the connector pins are a weak link and advised me only to use the remote to control iPod when it is in the docking station. Bose has always meant "quality" to me but this item is simply not up to the job.Bose« SoundDock« digital music system (Gloss Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate Ipod Dock for the Bedroom, 21 July 2014
Bill (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bose « SoundDock « Series III Digital Music System - Black (Electronics)
This SoundDock by Bose is an excellent choice for an Ipod docking station. The bass notes have a warm vibrancy, the treble range is crystal clear, and the mid-range is solid. I've got my SoundDock in the bedroom and it is more than powerful enough to fill the room with enveloping sound, without any distortion. It is very well known that Bose defy the truism that small speakers can't give a powerful sound, and I can vouch for the superb quality of this system, having used one for the last couple of years. It doesn't matter if you like Pink Floyd, Lady Gaga, Steely Dan, Pet Shop Boys, Peter Gabriel, Andrea Bocelli or whoever, this little system will enable you to have the maximum enjoyment of your Ipod music collection. Although I have my system in the bedroom, the SoundDock is probably powerful enough for most rooms in the house. I think it is good for a bedroom, because of it's relatively compact size and elegant design. Furthermore, having owned my SoundDock for two years and played it most days, I've had no faults or issues with reliability.
As an alternative solution, I can thoroughly recommend the Denon Envaya portable Bluetooth speaker - Denon Envaya Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black.
Thank you for reading this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product., 7 Jan. 2013
This was a gift for my daughter. the service was speedy and efficient. The product itself was easy to set up and use and the quality of the sound is excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plumbing the depths, 25 May 2015
Petrolhead (Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Bose seems to have a great reputation, so much so that I thought there must be something wrong with my ears, or with my ability to operate this device. The thing is so simple - you stick your iphone in and the sound is amplified through the Bose SoundDock - that I found it frustrating when it didn't sound right and I couldn't work out how to fix it. But, after examing the SoundDock thoroughly and reading the manual, it's clear: there is NO WAY to adjust the bass/treble. The SoundDock is stuck on mega-bass, like some hangover from an 80s boombox. But 80s boomboxes did at least come with graphic equalisers as well. But this is terrible.

I like listening to Radio 4. When I plug my iphone in to the SoundDock, it sounds as though I've just thrown a very thick duvet over the speaker. Adjusting the "Music" settings on my iphone does not compensate. The sound comes out so muffled that it's hard to understand the spoken word without listening very carefully. If the SoundDock faces competition, from another person speaking in the room for example, its low rumblings are scattered to the four winds. Maybe people who just want to listen to bass-heavy music would appreciate this. But for spoken word, forget it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Great!, 23 Mar. 2014
I love the sound on this sound dock and have used it almost constantly since I bought it. The colour matches my ipod nano 7th gen perfectly. The only niggle, if there is one, is that the ipod nano has to sit to the side of the lightning connection but this is the fault of the ipod nano rather than the Bose sound dock! I would highly recommend this if you want good quality sound to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars A soundock that's at the top of the range, 18 Oct. 2013
I was pleased to see that Bose had re-designed the mains plug on this model. Prior to this the plug soon became worn and was responsible for multiple failures on the first device we purchased. With this kind of improvement already achieved this Bose unit would benefit in the re-design of the iPod seating which seems to be tenuous and unsteady for the player. However, these issues do not detract from the fact that this portable/versatile digital music system faithfully reproduces music at a very high quality in any setting, with controls either within the base unit or via a remote control. I confess to being a Bose fan because the quality of reproduction from such small devices in its range is remarkable. As a lifetime fan of quality studio music production, now in my mid 60s I was not easily persuaded to abandon large heavy multiple hi-fi speakers previously needed to generate anything like a faithful reproduction in terms of high/mid frequency and bass. But now I am converted and now there is plenty of space in all our rooms for my wife's numorous soft furnishings and nick-nacks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound. Just a Shame About Bose Customer Service in the UK., 29 Mar. 2015
DAT MANAGEN "The Amazonian" (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I must declare from the outset that I'm a huge Bose fan as far as the sound quality of their products is concerned. I have Bose audio sort of "plumbed in" through the whole of my house. Dr Amar Bose (yes, there really was such a person!) was nothing short of a genius in my humble opinion.

To be fair though, the original version of the SoundDock III did have a couple of very valid gripes about it. So I'm sure it's no coincidence that a lot of the poor reviews here date back to 2012. Specifically the valid gripes being that the lightning mount was very flimsy, and Bose had inexplicably forgot to include an AUX socket so that people with older (30-pin) iPods/iPhones, or non-Apple gear couldn't actually use it.

But if you look at a good photo of the updated versions (there are better images elsewhere), they SoundDock III now has quite a sturdy support behind the lightning port, which means it's a lot more stable when popping your Apple product on and off the connector. And secondly, all models now have an AUX input socket on the back (i.e. a standard headphone jack) so you can now play preety much any MP3 player on it.

My really BIG gripe with Bose... and curiously only Bose UK, is the astoundingly bad customer service. It's as if once they've got your money they don't seem to give a c**p whether you're happy with the product or not. As I say, this seems to be an attitude unique to Bose in the UK. Customer services for Bose in the USA, or Canada, or Australia, or even Central Europe is fantastic.

So yes, I'd thoroughly recommend the actual product. If you've never heard Bose equipment before you'll be in for a very pleasant shock at how good sound can be from such a relatively small unit. Just beware of Customer Service at Bose UK though!

Sadly Dr Amar Bose passed away in 2013. I DO hope the high quality products will carry on without him.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor and cheap connector for IPOD, 20 Nov. 2011
I have had this unit for two years and the sound is great but the cradle where the Ipod sits is cheap and nasty rubbish! It is so bad that the cradle does not support the weight of the Classic 160gb and the result was that the connector separated from the unit. It is an obvious fault that happens so often that you can buy the front connector for about 40 quid but why should you have to?

Bose if you read this get it sorted as your image is badly tarnished by this defect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose boombastic..., 9 Sept. 2011
My father bought these speakers as the 'family' iPod dock and they are fantastic. I myself have a smaller longer version of Bose speakers which are great but this design is more expensive by the sound quality is amazing.

Pros:

* Bose are renound for their speakers this speaker is no exception. Music come out nice and crisp and I am never disappointed with the sound quality.

* You can get different docks for all shapes and sizes of mp3 player which is great as it is multifunctional and fits my daddy's iPhone, my brother's iPod touch, my 5th gen nano and my mother's 6th gen nano.

Cons:

* Sometimes the device will not connect if there is a case on it.

* On the large size so not suitable for travelling if that is the intended purpose.

Overall I recommend Bose for any speaker needs as although they are pricey you are paying for amazing quality.