5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality
The Bose SoundDock II system has the most amazing sound. Bose really know how to let you here every detail in a piece of music. There are not any controls on the unit other than volume. You do not need to tweek any trebles or bass as the sound is just amazing. I would throughly recommend this product. I wish I had purchased it sooner!
Published on 25 Aug. 2011 by Tarcon

1.0 out of 5 stars Bose soundDock problem
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality, 25 Aug. 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Bose soundDock problem, 18 Jan. 2012
I bought this product just over two years ago. It has recently stopped producing any sound when the iPod is inserted. I have done some research online and it seems that this problem is not uncommon. The repair costs ú75 and is only guaranteed for a further 12 months. Bose admit that the connector pins are a weak link and advised me only to use the remote to control iPod when it is in the docking station. Bose has always meant "quality" to me but this item is simply not up to the job.Bose« SoundDock« digital music system (Gloss Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product., 7 Jan. 2013
This was a gift for my daughter. the service was speedy and efficient. The product itself was easy to set up and use and the quality of the sound is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars sound quality, 4 Jan. 2013
I have a macbook pro, which is amazing apart from the speaker sound quality ( very tinny ) but with the bluetooth link to my Bose SOund System, the quality and depth of sound from the Bose is amazing. As you come to expect from Bose equipment. - The best!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound. Just a Shame About Bose Customer Service in the UK., 29 Mar. 2015
DAT MANAGEN "The Amazonian" (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I must declare from the outset that I'm a huge Bose fan as far as the sound quality of their products is concerned. I have Bose audio sort of "plumbed in" through the whole of my house. Dr Amar Bose (yes, there really was such a person!) was nothing short of a genius in my humble opinion.

To be fair though, the original version of the SoundDock III did have a couple of very valid gripes about it. So I'm sure it's no coincidence that a lot of the poor reviews here date back to 2012. Specifically the valid gripes being that the lightning mount was very flimsy, and Bose had inexplicably forgot to include an AUX socket so that people with older (30-pin) iPods/iPhones, or non-Apple gear couldn't actually use it.

But if you look at a good photo of the updated versions (there are better images elsewhere), they SoundDock III now has quite a sturdy support behind the lightning port, which means it's a lot more stable when popping your Apple product on and off the connector. And secondly, all models now have an AUX input socket on the back (i.e. a standard headphone jack) so you can now play preety much any MP3 player on it.

My really BIG gripe with Bose... and curiously only Bose UK, is the astoundingly bad customer service. It's as if once they've got your money they don't seem to give a c**p whether you're happy with the product or not. As I say, this seems to be an attitude unique to Bose in the UK. Customer services for Bose in the USA, or Canada, or Australia, or even Central Europe is fantastic.

So yes, I'd thoroughly recommend the actual product. If you've never heard Bose equipment before you'll be in for a very pleasant shock at how good sound can be from such a relatively small unit. Just beware of Customer Service at Bose UK though!

Sadly Dr Amar Bose passed away in 2013. I DO hope the high quality products will carry on without him.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate Ipod Dock for the Bedroom, 21 July 2014
William Mason (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bose « SoundDock « Series III Digital Music System - Black (Electronics)
This SoundDock by Bose is an excellent choice for an Ipod docking station. The bass notes have a warm vibrancy, the treble range is crystal clear, and the mid-range is solid. I've got my SoundDock in the bedroom and it is more than powerful enough to fill the room with enveloping sound, without any distortion. It is very well known that Bose defy the truism that small speakers can't give a powerful sound, and I can vouch for the superb quality of this system, having used one for the last couple of years. It doesn't matter if you like Pink Floyd, Lady Gaga, Steely Dan, Pet Shop Boys, Peter Gabriel, Andrea Bocelli or whoever, this little system will enable you to have the maximum enjoyment of your Ipod music collection. Although I have my system in the bedroom, the SoundDock is probably powerful enough for most rooms in the house. I think it is good for a bedroom, because of it's relatively compact size and elegant design. Furthermore, having owned my SoundDock for two years and played it most days, I've had no faults or issues with reliability.
As an alternative solution, I can thoroughly recommend the Denon Envaya portable Bluetooth speaker - Denon Envaya Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black.
Thank you for reading this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 22 Nov. 2011
Ordered this on Monday and received it on Wednesday, with free postage and VAT knocked off, got a very good deal. Happy with the crisp sound, can't complain really. Played four different music type albums and cant fault the sound quality and it fits nicely on my unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Great!, 23 Mar. 2014
I love the sound on this sound dock and have used it almost constantly since I bought it. The colour matches my ipod nano 7th gen perfectly. The only niggle, if there is one, is that the ipod nano has to sit to the side of the lightning connection but this is the fault of the ipod nano rather than the Bose sound dock! I would highly recommend this if you want good quality sound to listen to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor and cheap connector for IPOD, 20 Nov. 2011
I have had this unit for two years and the sound is great but the cradle where the Ipod sits is cheap and nasty rubbish! It is so bad that the cradle does not support the weight of the Classic 160gb and the result was that the connector separated from the unit. It is an obvious fault that happens so often that you can buy the front connector for about 40 quid but why should you have to?

Bose if you read this get it sorted as your image is badly tarnished by this defect!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound... But flimsy, 17 Feb. 2012
This piece of kit sounds brilliant. Very balanced sounds and the bass sounds quality, however I don't seem to be the only one complaining about a flimsy dock. Recently (after about 2 years) the music would on occasion randomly cut out and turning the system off and back on at the wall would the be the only solution. The Bose also makes high pitched whistling noises (similar to the mosquito loitering deterrent) after about 30mins of use.
In summary, a highly frustrating product.