5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality
The Bose SoundDock II system has the most amazing sound. Bose really know how to let you here every detail in a piece of music. There are not any controls on the unit other than volume. You do not need to tweek any trebles or bass as the sound is just amazing. I would throughly recommend this product. I wish I had purchased it sooner!
Published on 25 Aug. 2011 by Tarcon

1.0 out of 5 stars Bose soundDock problem
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality, 25 Aug. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound. Just a Shame About Bose Customer Service in the UK., 29 Mar. 2015
DAT MANAGEN "The Amazonian" (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I must declare from the outset that I'm a huge Bose fan as far as the sound quality of their products is concerned. I have Bose audio sort of "plumbed in" through the whole of my house. Dr Amar Bose (yes, there really was such a person!) was nothing short of a genius in my humble opinion.

To be fair though, the original version of the SoundDock III did have a couple of very valid gripes about it. So I'm sure it's no coincidence that a lot of the poor reviews here date back to 2012. Specifically the valid gripes being that the lightning mount was very flimsy, and Bose had inexplicably forgot to include an AUX socket so that people with older (30-pin) iPods/iPhones, or non-Apple gear couldn't actually use it.

But if you look at a good photo of the updated versions (there are better images elsewhere), they SoundDock III now has quite a sturdy support behind the lightning port, which means it's a lot more stable when popping your Apple product on and off the connector. And secondly, all models now have an AUX input socket on the back (i.e. a standard headphone jack) so you can now play preety much any MP3 player on it.

My really BIG gripe with Bose... and curiously only Bose UK, is the astoundingly bad customer service. It's as if once they've got your money they don't seem to give a c**p whether you're happy with the product or not. As I say, this seems to be an attitude unique to Bose in the UK. Customer services for Bose in the USA, or Canada, or Australia, or even Central Europe is fantastic.

So yes, I'd thoroughly recommend the actual product. If you've never heard Bose equipment before you'll be in for a very pleasant shock at how good sound can be from such a relatively small unit. Just beware of Customer Service at Bose UK though!

Sadly Dr Amar Bose passed away in 2013. I DO hope the high quality products will carry on without him.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bose soundDock problem, 18 Jan. 2012
I bought this product just over two years ago. It has recently stopped producing any sound when the iPod is inserted. I have done some research online and it seems that this problem is not uncommon. The repair costs £75 and is only guaranteed for a further 12 months. Bose admit that the connector pins are a weak link and advised me only to use the remote to control iPod when it is in the docking station. Bose has always meant "quality" to me but this item is simply not up to the job.Bose® SoundDock® digital music system (Gloss Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product., 7 Jan. 2013
This was a gift for my daughter. the service was speedy and efficient. The product itself was easy to set up and use and the quality of the sound is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars sound quality, 4 Jan. 2013
I have a macbook pro, which is amazing apart from the speaker sound quality ( very tinny ) but with the bluetooth link to my Bose SOund System, the quality and depth of sound from the Bose is amazing. As you come to expect from Bose equipment. - The best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound quality, 3 Mar. 2012
This was bought for my hubby as his main Christmas present. I must admit, I was confused at all the different types on the market and the difference between this and the more expensive Bose docking stations. The sound quality is absolutely fantastic - we listened to Pink Floyd's "Echoes" track when we first got in - if you know the introk this is a fab track to test the quality of the unit. We were not disappointed. It looks great and sounds great and my hubby now spends more time in the kitchen than ever before!

We can't find anything bad to say about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars this Bose is the boss, 2 Jan. 2013
I didn't but this off Amazon but thought I'd add my thoughts anyway.
For the price, this is a fantastic piece of kit. The sound s brilliant, it's very neat and also very easy to use.
I tested it pretty much full blast to see how good it was and there was no distortion just crisp and very loud music.
As said elsewhere, the remote is basic so has volume control and skip forward/back to the next song. You ned to use the i-Pod itself to search menus etc. but so what!
For under £200 you won't get better. The sound really is that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars I should have brought one years ago, 7 July 2013
The sound on the Bose soundDock is ideal for a small room. I had previously brought other docking systems for my ipod but although they looked good they never sounded as good as I hoped.
I have my Ipod and logitech wireless dj running through it so I can listen to either my Ipod or all my pc music as well as dab & radio streaming.
I was originally going to buy a Roberts radio with streaming/cd/dab but after listening to all of their current range, they did not sound good enough to warrant paying £300. So far I am very happy with the Bose.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate Ipod Dock for the Bedroom, 21 July 2014
William Mason (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bose ® SoundDock ® Series III Digital Music System - Black (Electronics)
This SoundDock by Bose is an excellent choice for an Ipod docking station. The bass notes have a warm vibrancy, the treble range is crystal clear, and the mid-range is solid. I've got my SoundDock in the bedroom and it is more than powerful enough to fill the room with enveloping sound, without any distortion. It is very well known that Bose defy the truism that small speakers can't give a powerful sound, and I can vouch for the superb quality of this system, having used one for the last couple of years. It doesn't matter if you like Pink Floyd, Lady Gaga, Steely Dan, Pet Shop Boys, Peter Gabriel, Andrea Bocelli or whoever, this little system will enable you to have the maximum enjoyment of your Ipod music collection. Although I have my system in the bedroom, the SoundDock is probably powerful enough for most rooms in the house. I think it is good for a bedroom, because of it's relatively compact size and elegant design. Furthermore, having owned my SoundDock for two years and played it most days, I've had no faults or issues with reliability.
As an alternative solution, I can thoroughly recommend the Denon Envaya portable Bluetooth speaker - Denon Envaya Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black.
Thank you for reading this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars glad I spent the extra money, 13 May 2012
I originally intended to buy something cheaper or a mini ipod dock/cd/digital radio system, but after a fair amount of research and thought, decided to spend the extra on the Bose ipod dock. I didn't really need the additional radio/cd functionality of a mini system. I also considered a Sonos system but didn't feel that I needed the wireless capability. For me it was worth investing in a quality product because I wanted it for our kitchen/diner where we spend a lot of time. The unit is unobtrusive with an attractive simple appearance, and solid feel to it. There are no settings to adjust bass/treble etc, I'm not sure if this was a cost saving exercise by the manufacturer but frankly it doesn't seem necessary as the sound quality seems excellent to me across all the music I have listened to on it so far. I have been able to listen to music quite loud without any apparent distortion or loss of quality. There is also a remote control which is handy.