5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
A five star read brilliant from start to finish.the plot weaves intricately through the characters lives.dodging In nd out of reality
Published 15 months ago by Ann Kemish

2.0 out of 5 stars Silent
A very disappointing story, not what I was expecting at all. I felt like I was reading the script for a bad 1930's black and white horror story. All of it was totally predictable and clichéd. Lots of grammatical mistakes and even the main character forgetting his name and introducing himself as Nick instead of Rick!
Published 18 months ago by appletree

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Silent, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: SILENT (a psychological thriller, combining mystery, crime and suspense) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read with unexpected end, 19 May 2013
Can't say that this is one of my favourites, but it was an easy read with an unexpected, if abrupt, ending. I did feel that the description in the last chapter of what was to be done to one of the victims was unnecessarily graphic. I would also sack the proof-reader. There were numerous errors which seemed to get worse towards the end, almost as if they couldn't wait to get the job finished. If I'd bought it as a book, not Kindle edition, my red pen would have had a field day.

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing book, 12 May 2013
I like to read fairly quickly and appreciate a clearly written book, without hurdles. I found the first few 'pages' to be poorly written and I nearly quit reading. Sometimes the author uses pronouns when it is not at all clear to whom they refer, which is confusing.

However, after the initial stages things picked up and I was able to read it easily. But having read the book description I found a lot of the book quite predictable and under developed.

The final section was certainly a suprise and it was not possible to anticipate the conclusion. It was abrupt, awkward and out of character with the main story. In fact the main story seems to be one big 'red herring' that doesn't really relate to the conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!, 12 Sep 2013
I couldnt put this book down. It had me in its grasp from start to finish. Thought i had figured out what was going on, but i was sooo wrong. Fantastic storyline that keeps you on your toes. Would recommend this book anytime. Thank you for a fantastic read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!!!!!!, 26 July 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I liked the style it was written in, sort of Hollywood/ movie era. Not really a psychological thriller but an easy read with a nice (if predictable ) twist at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this book.It was quite different to what I normally read.The build up was very good and the end was very unusual.Thoroughly recommend you read it but maybe not alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
fantastic as always

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 3 July 2014
Mrs. M. F. V. Mcknight "Mal Mac" (Loughborough, Leics) - See all my reviews
This is quite an odd book actually. Totally different to what I expected. It's very cliched in parts but reads like a book from the 20s/30s used to. Mr Mitchell is either a very clever writer or a very bad one. As I have a few more of his books on my Kindle I will let you know my final conclusion at a later date

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›