4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit different, and a little bit tough!
I bought this to replace my cracked and aging S2. I carry my phone a lot whilst outdoors and had always been a bit paranoid about rain and general damage so was looking for something a bit tougher to replace it.
It's roughly the same spec as an S2 so don't expect blistering performance by todays standards.
That being said, it is perfectly capable of smoothly...
Published 7 months ago by Angelstorm

2.0 out of 5 stars downloads
downloads and ringtone
cannot get a signal indoors.
will not allow downloaded ringtone to be used.
and used roam,and still no signal.
Published 7 months ago by james

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit different, and a little bit tough!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: CAT B15 Android 4.1 Ruggedised IP67 Certified UK Sim Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
That being said, it is perfectly capable of smoothly performing day-to-day tasks.

I love the fact that it's a little different and constantly receive have people asking "What case is that?" and it's fun to correct them :)

Anyways, onto the good points:

* Truly waterproof. Tested and verified.
* Truly shock-proof. Tested and passed everything so far. I've lost the battery cover a couple of times however! (Nothing some gaffa won't solve!)
* Performs perfectly well for email, browsing and general smartphoneness stuff.
* The battery is VERY good. I can easily go 5 days between charges with normal usage.
* Wet finger tracking does work ... most of the time :) Very handy given the British climate!
* Great external speaker. Very loud!
* Pretty light considering the ruggedness.
* Personally, I love the looks of it. Very well made as well, it feels nice and solid.
* Pretty much stock android with just a few CAT apps to clutter up your applist.

However ... the bad points

* The screen *is* bad. Other reviewers have mentioned this but it's not pointed out *where* it is bad. The issue isn't in the resolution or quality of the colour display, it's in the (what appears to be) two layers of glass it shines through. Whilst indoors it is fine, if a little washed out. Outdoors it is very difficult to see anything on a dark background. Unfortunately, stock android ICS doesn't have the ability to modify the default dark backgrounds.

* The GPS system is also very bad. I've used phone GPS previously to track outdoor runs. The GPS on this phone is not only highly inaccurate a lot of the time, it also takes a VERY long time to lock on. I downloaded several GPS helper apps which assisted a bit, but overall it doesn't seem to be much cop at all.

* Although nothing on the product page insinuates otherwise, if you read a lot of reviews on the net about these phones you expect them to be dual sim. This is not the case with the one I purchased. There is certainly no false advertising here, but something I had misled myself about.

* No spare rubber bungs for the charging port and headphone socket. No obvious way to buy spares either.

* No flash on the camera. Big fail on the part of CAT here, and something they could have easily included.

Overall, it's pretty good. If you can live with the bad points ( or work around them ) and want something a bit different from the crowd, this could work very well for you.

Come the summer, you'll be laughing at everyone else on the beach when their phones end up waterlogged and full of sand!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat b15 Android 4.1 Ruggedised 1P67 certified uk Sim FreeSmartphone, 21 Jan 2014
I bought this for daughter as a present. The charge is very very good,, around 2weeks. Her previous phone was 2 years old and breaking down, it also only held its charge for 1day.. I read a review of the Cat business in the telegraph and bought cat phone on impulse. So far it has proved very satisfactory , better than previous smart phone in every way, But a bit clunky , but then it has various virtues I hope she never needs.

2.0 out of 5 stars downloads, 20 April 2014
downloads and ringtone
cannot get a signal indoors.
will not allow downloaded ringtone to be used.
and used roam,and still no signal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits Me, 1 April 2014
I have my B15 for a month now and it has work out great for me. My battery charge lasts for about 6 days but I don't use it for the internet or Apps very often. I keep most things turned off and this seems to preserve the battery life. If you want a phone for internet access, look else where.If you want a rugged phone for calls and texts, this is perfect. Obviously you need to look after it but it seems tough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 April 2013
Really happy I ordered this, been in the market for a new tough phone for a while and was looking for a handset with enough features but without poor battery life. The thing feels really well built and is surprisingly light, I really like its appearance and am well pleased I ordered it, exactly what I was looking for and it looks the part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 28 May 2014
Made a right choice. Only problem is the battery charge which lasts only for a day. I think it is normal for any smartphone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Phone although not so unbreakable :), 19 Jan 2014
It's a good phone but it's not as tough as it has been described. I accidentally dropped it from 1m or more and nothing happened to it. But once I was getting out of the car and it dropped on the ground (30-40cm) and the screen broke. I could still use it normally but with limited visibility of what's displayed on the screen. After 2 weeks from this the phone does not want to turn on.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, beatifull, rugged, 3 Aug 2013
The phone is fantastic, i work in water facilities plant and every day my phone work with me from the office to water treatment stage with higt humidity zone and chemicals product.
Great !

3.0 out of 5 stars Could still be better, 9 Sep 2013
The phone is actually quite rugged but I doubt that it is really waterprouf. I dropped it a few times and every time the back panel became loose or was misplaced.
the screen is very good so it has not been scratched given that I put it into my trousers pocket with my keys and coins. the sound quality is good and the mic is sensitive enough. I dropped the phone on the screen side down a few times and it has not been cracked or even scratched. I have seen videos of people driving over the phone but I do not think it will survive that. However within reason it is rugged enough. So basically you can drop it with no worries. The battery life is good given that I keep the GPS and WIFI off. I have installed Skype and Gooogle Chrome and they both run well. The phone does not have a flash but it still takes good quality pictures in good light conditions. The auto focus works well both in still and camera mode however you need to enable dynamic focus in camera mode manually. One thing that this phone really lacks though is RAM memory. it comes with 512MB which I think is not enough. I often experience low Morry problem if trying to run more than a few applications. For example if you are running chrome and have a few tabs open you may easily experience problems with memory. The phone does not come with flash player installed. All in all it is good for average use but I wish it came with 1GM or more of RAM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough - does exactly what it says on the tin!, 15 July 2013
After breaking the screen on 2 iphones and 1 samsung i decided to try this phone to use as my work phone. not only is it tough it also looks good too even nicer in real life. its already taken a few knocks as it's not even got any marks. i'll save a fortune in phone repairs.