5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product easy to use
Published 17 months ago by Bevrbp

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be faulty or could just have a grudge against my legs.
I'll give Philips the benefit of the doubt and say that perhaps I have a faulty product here but this particular epilator is going straight back to the manufacturers. When this epilator works, it works reasonably well. Takes some time to actually get the majority of hairs from my legs removed but after a bit of perseverance it gives a satisfactory result. The cord makes...
Published 5 months ago by sfleur

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product easy to use, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Philips Satinelle Corded Epilator HP6423/00 with Ladyshave Head Plus Trimming Comb (Personal Care)
Just bought this product from Boots where it was on offer and it is absolutely brilliant value. Always waxed my legs but decided to have a go with an epilator (will save money after only two uses!) Got home and gave it a try and it is so easy to use - just literally whizz up and down and all the hairs are removed effortlessly and pain free. It may be that I am used to waxing that it was so easy to use but really cannot complain about the ease of use. May be the down side is that it is not cordless but to be honest it only takes a couple of minutes to use so I don't mind staning near a plug to use it for that length of time..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent epilator, 13 Aug 2014
After biting the bullet this year and having my legs waxed for the first time, I thought I may as well buy an epilator and save myself some money.
I'm very impressed with the speedy delivery, it arrived this morning day 2 after purchase.
I really like this epilator, it is very compact and has a long cord which means I can sit on the edge of my bed not the floor, I prefer having a corded one to a rechargeable one as I know it wont run out and leave me half plucked.
Epilating is soooo much less painful than waxing, I don't come home with half my skin ripped off which the beautician put down to my sensitive skin and I am in control of my own pain, not waiting for some one else to inflict it. Also the beautician would not wax my legs until there was 2 weeks of growth saying the hair was not long enough, so I would find I had to cover up my legs for 2 weeks instead of 1 which the epilator removed.
I used my epilator 1 hour ago and the redness has already gone down, when waxing this would take at least 3 hours.
If you are new epilating then I recommend you get your legs waxed a couple of times first so that you have a standard of pain to go by and it gets rid of all the thick hairs which makes it more painful in the first place. Also we all have one side of our body with a lower pain threshold than the other, sounds daft but it is true, start on this side first then it doesn't feel so bad when you get to the other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like my old one & excellent value, 1 May 2014
I've had a philips satinelle ice epilator for many years - can't even remember when I had it and when it broke I ordered this one because it looked the same and was cheap, just to use until I could buy a more expensive one. However it's brilliant just as good as the one I had (I am a seasoned epilator user!!) no real frills just shaves well & epilates brilliantly, comes in a bag and is lightweight (had detachable power cord - my old one was moulded and this is where it broke). All told bargain and I won't be getting another one just yet

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, good for first time users., 19 Jun 2014
Having never used an epilator before I was a little nervous on my first go. There is no getting away from it, it does hurt! But as others have said the more you use it the easier it gets and I was quite surprised that by the third time I was in very little discomfort. I haven't got the 4 weeks it states you can get between epilating yet, but 2 weeks good. Much better than having to do it every other day! The shaver part is great and gives a nice close shave, as I am only brave enough to use the epilator on my legs! The little pouch it comes with is handy for keeping all the bits together and for travels. The only down side of this product is that it is noisy, whether using the epilator or the shaver. However I would still recommend it and it was great value at the price I got it for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ouch- but wow!, 24 Jun 2014
I wanted an epilator because I was fed up with how fast hair grows back after you've spent time to shave your legs so decided to go online and find a decent-priced one that was good quality. I paid 30 odd pounds for this one- which I think was the cheapest you could go for epilators and was highly impressed! It works so well! I would highly recommend it! Great value for money! Of course it hurts but I expect I won't have to bother epilating my legs for a while and you can get used to the pain. What is it they say? No pain, no gain. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, like that it has a shaving attachment ..., 8 Aug 2014
Ms. R. A. Pickles (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent product, like that it has a shaving attachment as well as the epilator. I was a bit scared about trying an epilator as I thought it would be very painful and whilst it certainly does make me wince a bit (especially down the front of my legs!) it's not so bad that I would stop using it and I love the results. Stay stubble free for about four weeks - brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 29 May 2014
Yes it hurt, but to be fair, I was expecting that. It did struggle to pick up some the very fine hairs on my legs, but for the less-than-fine hairs it was wonderful!
The shaving I was a little disappointed with, it wasn't very effective but as that wasn't the reason I brought it, I'm not too fussed

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that painful, 1 Sep 2013
It took me ages to choose one. Not disapointed at all. It's compact. Not as loud as I was as expecting & nowhere near as painful as I was lead to believe. By the 2nd time you use it there is no pain as the hairs seem less resistant. I found waxing more painful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good. Works as well as I expected, 19 July 2014
Very good. Works as well as I expected. Not too noisy, fast and a 2m long cord. I always hold it so that the head wants to run up your leg (button downwards) then it pulls the hair out along it's length without breaking. I think this is the corded version of a rechargeable one I bought more about 20 years ago which is still going strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient and practical, 11 Dec 2014
I have used other epilators in the past; including other philips, but this time I didn't want to spend much so I took the basic one!

This has the usual philips quality. It is really a matter of getting used to it which I think does not take long but I noticed no pain in areas where I have not shaved recently. As it aims to take the hair from the root ( which it is what leave your legs smooth) my advice would be to do it soon after a warm bath when the pores are still a bit open and certainly when you are in no rush.... A bit red in sensitive areas, as expected, but this goes away in half an hour, you can also use bit of ice. The best thing is that you are in control and you can always go back later to finish off if needed be. Overall extremely pleased and can highly recommend. If you are after smooth legs which shaving never gives you for more than a day.