5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product easy to use
Published 23 months ago by Bevrbp

3.0 out of 5 stars Smooth on underarms, bad for legs
Having never used an epilator before (or wax strips/salon waxing), swearing by the smooth results my disposable razors gave, I decided to give one a go, as I was tired of having to shave literally every day/ other day.
Published 4 months ago by K B

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product easy to use, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Philips Satinelle Corded Epilator HP6423/00 with Ladyshave Head Plus Trimming Comb (Personal Care)
Just bought this product from Boots where it was on offer and it is absolutely brilliant value. Always waxed my legs but decided to have a go with an epilator (will save money after only two uses!) Got home and gave it a try and it is so easy to use - just literally whizz up and down and all the hairs are removed effortlessly and pain free. It may be that I am used to waxing that it was so easy to use but really cannot complain about the ease of use. May be the down side is that it is not cordless but to be honest it only takes a couple of minutes to use so I don't mind staning near a plug to use it for that length of time..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent epilator, 13 Aug. 2014
After biting the bullet this year and having my legs waxed for the first time, I thought I may as well buy an epilator and save myself some money.
I'm very impressed with the speedy delivery, it arrived this morning day 2 after purchase.
I really like this epilator, it is very compact and has a long cord which means I can sit on the edge of my bed not the floor, I prefer having a corded one to a rechargeable one as I know it wont run out and leave me half plucked.
Epilating is soooo much less painful than waxing, I don't come home with half my skin ripped off which the beautician put down to my sensitive skin and I am in control of my own pain, not waiting for some one else to inflict it. Also the beautician would not wax my legs until there was 2 weeks of growth saying the hair was not long enough, so I would find I had to cover up my legs for 2 weeks instead of 1 which the epilator removed.
I used my epilator 1 hour ago and the redness has already gone down, when waxing this would take at least 3 hours.
If you are new epilating then I recommend you get your legs waxed a couple of times first so that you have a standard of pain to go by and it gets rid of all the thick hairs which makes it more painful in the first place. Also we all have one side of our body with a lower pain threshold than the other, sounds daft but it is true, start on this side first then it doesn't feel so bad when you get to the other side.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smooth on underarms, bad for legs, 15 Jan. 2015
As soon as this arrived I used it straight away on my legs. Followed the instructions about holding it 90° etc. Yet I was seriously disappointed with the results. My leg hairs were at what I considered the right length yet I found myself going over the same area loads, with hairs simply being cut short, rather than from the root. However, i decided not to write the product off completely, so I tried it again a few days later on my underarms. Honestly, I'm really happy with the results here. Having never used an epilator before I went on a forum and found some general advice on them, about turning the epilator at different angles and directions (which this one fails to tell you) and it has completely taken all the hairs from my underarms from the root :-)
I have tried my legs over and over, however, and I still cannot get a smooth finish. More like a day or two after shaving feeling, with bobbly bits :-/ I don't think it's anything I'm doing wrong, as I even waited for them to grow a little more before trying again.
This epilator claims to have been £70 before, so I was expecting better results... But yeah, happy with the underarms, not so much the legs. P.s. The pain is a given and you get used to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars i will be buying this again if i ever need another after this one, 25 Jan. 2015
great product, i have used the braun silk epil for a few years but i was fed up of the motor going after a year and the battery running out halfway through a leg etc! this in my opinion is a better product for getting out all hairs unlike braun, the most painless one i have ever used unlike braun, really quick unlike braun, light and comfy to hold unlike braun, i do miss the light from the braun and this one is really noisy, but i can forgive all of that because its so thorough and easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 29 May 2014
Yes it hurt, but to be fair, I was expecting that. It did struggle to pick up some the very fine hairs on my legs, but for the less-than-fine hairs it was wonderful!
The shaving I was a little disappointed with, it wasn't very effective but as that wasn't the reason I brought it, I'm not too fussed

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that painful, 1 Sept. 2013
It took me ages to choose one. Not disapointed at all. It's compact. Not as loud as I was as expecting & nowhere near as painful as I was lead to believe. By the 2nd time you use it there is no pain as the hairs seem less resistant. I found waxing more painful!

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it's me...?, 27 Nov. 2014
I'm unsure whether the epilator deserves the review I've given it as other people seem to have had better experiences - but for me, this epilator hasn't worked at all! I put up with the pain of the epilating process and the results were poor. Not what I was expecting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 Mar. 2015
Just as expected . Painfull but the pain only gets so bad, then you get used to it eventually . It is well worth the money. I have to eperlate every two weeks, not four like they say, but that might just be my hair growing back quicker than others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like my old one & excellent value, 1 May 2014
I've had a philips satinelle ice epilator for many years - can't even remember when I had it and when it broke I ordered this one because it looked the same and was cheap, just to use until I could buy a more expensive one. However it's brilliant just as good as the one I had (I am a seasoned epilator user!!) no real frills just shaves well & epilates brilliantly, comes in a bag and is lightweight (had detachable power cord - my old one was moulded and this is where it broke). All told bargain and I won't be getting another one just yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good. Works as well as I expected, 19 July 2014
Very good. Works as well as I expected. Not too noisy, fast and a 2m long cord. I always hold it so that the head wants to run up your leg (button downwards) then it pulls the hair out along it's length without breaking. I think this is the corded version of a rechargeable one I bought more about 20 years ago which is still going strong.