5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product easy to use
Published 14 months ago by Bevrbp

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
The product is okay.
What I like about it - is the fact that my hair will not come out fast after using it. However it hurts so bad, so that you I still couldn't finish to get rid of all hair in my bikini area. So that I need to do it several days. The problem is I do not want to do it next day as it still hurts... Btw, it is obviously the first time I am using this...
Published 10 months ago by Alina

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product easy to use, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Philips Satinelle Corded Epilator HP6423/00 with Ladyshave Head Plus Trimming Comb (Personal Care)
Just bought this product from Boots where it was on offer and it is absolutely brilliant value. Always waxed my legs but decided to have a go with an epilator (will save money after only two uses!) Got home and gave it a try and it is so easy to use - just literally whizz up and down and all the hairs are removed effortlessly and pain free. It may be that I am used to waxing that it was so easy to use but really cannot complain about the ease of use. May be the down side is that it is not cordless but to be honest it only takes a couple of minutes to use so I don't mind staning near a plug to use it for that length of time..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent epilator, 13 Aug 2014
After biting the bullet this year and having my legs waxed for the first time, I thought I may as well buy an epilator and save myself some money.
I'm very impressed with the speedy delivery, it arrived this morning day 2 after purchase.
I really like this epilator, it is very compact and has a long cord which means I can sit on the edge of my bed not the floor, I prefer having a corded one to a rechargeable one as I know it wont run out and leave me half plucked.
Epilating is soooo much less painful than waxing, I don't come home with half my skin ripped off which the beautician put down to my sensitive skin and I am in control of my own pain, not waiting for some one else to inflict it. Also the beautician would not wax my legs until there was 2 weeks of growth saying the hair was not long enough, so I would find I had to cover up my legs for 2 weeks instead of 1 which the epilator removed.
I used my epilator 1 hour ago and the redness has already gone down, when waxing this would take at least 3 hours.
If you are new epilating then I recommend you get your legs waxed a couple of times first so that you have a standard of pain to go by and it gets rid of all the thick hairs which makes it more painful in the first place. Also we all have one side of our body with a lower pain threshold than the other, sounds daft but it is true, start on this side first then it doesn't feel so bad when you get to the other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, like that it has a shaving attachment ..., 8 Aug 2014
Ms. R. A. Pickles (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent product, like that it has a shaving attachment as well as the epilator. I was a bit scared about trying an epilator as I thought it would be very painful and whilst it certainly does make me wince a bit (especially down the front of my legs!) it's not so bad that I would stop using it and I love the results. Stay stubble free for about four weeks - brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good. Works as well as I expected, 19 July 2014
Very good. Works as well as I expected. Not too noisy, fast and a 2m long cord. I always hold it so that the head wants to run up your leg (button downwards) then it pulls the hair out along it's length without breaking. I think this is the corded version of a rechargeable one I bought more about 20 years ago which is still going strong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that painful, 1 Sep 2013
It took me ages to choose one. Not disapointed at all. It's compact. Not as loud as I was as expecting & nowhere near as painful as I was lead to believe. By the 2nd time you use it there is no pain as the hairs seem less resistant. I found waxing more painful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the money, 17 Oct 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the box you get the Philips Epilator, a trimming comb, a shaving head, power cord, cleaning brush, pouch and instructions. As we see it these are the pros and cons of the device which was tested by my girlfriend.

Pros

- You get a comprehensive kit together with attachments detailed above and a case - this is more comprehensive than some men's budget shavers.
- It works quite well and has two speeds but the epilator is not pain free - the difference from shaving being that the epilator unit grips the hairs and extracts them rather than cuts them (although not pain free this isn't as extreme as it sounds).
- The attachments are easy to fit and function effectively too.
- You can rinse the epilator head under the tap but unlike a washable man's shaver you should not wet the main body.
- It represents good value for money given the amount of engineering.
- The design is subtly feminine.

Cons

- This epilator is a mains only version and can only be used whilst plugged into the electricity - there are other models in the range which are rechargeable albeit they cost a bit more. Our advice would be if you can afford it go for a rechargeable model.
- Although the build quality is okay it doesn't feel as robust as a similarly priced Philip's budget shaver I recently tested.

Overall, this Philips epilator does what it is intended to do and comes as part of quite a comprehensive package, but the lack of a rechargeable facility could be a real limitation for some people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected., 14 April 2014
My first time with an epilator. I expected this to be painful and lengthy process. It wasn't. Whizzed round my lower legs, nice and smooth feel afterwards. I don't have much hair and what I have is fine (I thought that would make it painful) so I cannot comment on what it is like for people with either loads of hair or thick hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Gentle tweezing", 30 Oct 2013
M. Williams "Matt Williams" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's obviously built to a price, but over the last few years in particular I've found Philips units to be well designed and effective. And Ladyshave is a long-running brand.

My mum had been talking about getting an epilator for a while, so I got the Philips HP6423/00 Satinelle Corded Epilator with Ladyshave Head Plus Trimming comb for her to try out. So this is her review:

I'm used to shaving my legs so was a little hesitant about the idea of ripping my hairs out. But I shouldn't have worried. You can obviously feel it, but the whole experience is quick. My legs itched for a couple of hours afterwards, but the next day I didn't think anything of it. It's a nice compact unit, mains powered so you need to be near an electrical outlet. The shaving head attachment and trimmer attachment are nice bonuses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ouch- but wow!, 24 Jun 2014
I wanted an epilator because I was fed up with how fast hair grows back after you've spent time to shave your legs so decided to go online and find a decent-priced one that was good quality. I paid 30 odd pounds for this one- which I think was the cheapest you could go for epilators and was highly impressed! It works so well! I would highly recommend it! Great value for money! Of course it hurts but I expect I won't have to bother epilating my legs for a while and you can get used to the pain. What is it they say? No pain, no gain. ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, good for first time users., 19 Jun 2014
Having never used an epilator before I was a little nervous on my first go. There is no getting away from it, it does hurt! But as others have said the more you use it the easier it gets and I was quite surprised that by the third time I was in very little discomfort. I haven't got the 4 weeks it states you can get between epilating yet, but 2 weeks good. Much better than having to do it every other day! The shaver part is great and gives a nice close shave, as I am only brave enough to use the epilator on my legs! The little pouch it comes with is handy for keeping all the bits together and for travels. The only down side of this product is that it is noisy, whether using the epilator or the shaver. However I would still recommend it and it was great value at the price I got it for.