5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic
Bought this because I was tired of having to shave every day. Hair came off easily and rather painlessly from my legs. For armpits I reccomend using the slower setting as at first the faster one made my armpit sore. Haven't had the courage yet to do my bikini line...
Love the bag and the massager, nice added extras

Overall, great purchase. Only con is the...
Published 21 months ago by Clo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Published 3 months ago by Eurofloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Philips Satinelle Corded Epilator HP6422/00 with Optistart Cap Massage Roller (Personal Care)
Love the bag and the massager, nice added extras

Overall, great purchase. Only con is the initial pain but you expect that with an epilator

5.0 out of 5 stars Expertly Recommend, 30 Sept. 2014
Hi,
First time decided to write a review on Amazon because I am very happy and want to share my success of this purchase. I have used Brown epilators since they were invented and my last, Silk Epil, has burned down after 3 years. I have always used it for everywhere on my body, especially legs and Brazilian area and feel no pain for years now. I don’t know about you but I never use any fancy attachments – they are pure marketing I think. I just need the tweezers and learned to manoeuvre them well.
This time therefore I was looking for a basic efficiency and a bargain. For this price Philips Satinelle Corded Epilator HP6422/00 is a star product – very efficient and accurate. I will probably miss the inbuilt light but when the machine is so quick and accurate (with my experience) there is no need to peer at the area for hours so as long as you are in a well lit room with some privacy and an electric socket its easy-peasy. It is a little noisy I have noticed so you might not like that but again other machines make noise too that the house will hear just as well and its only for a short time (30 min for both legs and bikini line) that you need to put up with it. My Silk Epil was not so efficient and it took me hours and it did rattle too. Would like to add here about using epilators in water, not a good idea in my opinion as it is unhygienic. In warm water your skin becomes soft and vulnerable so it is much easier to catch skin in the tweezers and inevitably pulling your tough hair will result in some blood drawn from the roots increasing a chance of infection. I always use good talcum powder and dry operation, and then don’t shower for a day or at least a few hours. In the time between epilations keep your skin well moisturized and at shower time scrub/exfoliate with a bast wisp then you will not have ingrown hairs. I consider myself an expert and I recommend this epilator.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first epilator!, 19 Sept. 2014
So maybe I'm no expert on how good this is in comparison to other epilators but I think this is wonderful!
I picked one up for £10 in boots clearance section. I'd been spending weeks trying to pick a first time buy that wasn't very expensive but also was good quality, and hopefully not incredibly painful to deal with.

I had no idea what to expect pain wise and I'd been all over amazon looking at reviews, the mixed reviews of the pain with a lot of them forced me to just get courage and buy a decently over all rated one.
I'd seen this online at a higher price so I jumped on the chance to get one for a tenner and I don't regret it!

I tried this on my arm hair first because I was a bit scared to do my legs. It took me ten minutes of staring at it before I finally used it.
It's nippy! Very nippy depending on what area you're using it on but you get used to the pain very fast.

It's so quick in comparison to shaving and not as expensive as waxing, whether it's professional or home done. I can brave the nippyness when I'm saving a LOT of time and money.

It misses a few hairs sometimes so you have to go back over some areas but that doesn't bother me as that happens to me no matter what hair removal option I pick. Also I might have had to go over some areas again because my hairs are short as it is right now.

My arm is so soft and smooth! Can't wait to use it all over. I have thick dark coarse hair, with extremely pale and sensitive skin so I can really see the effects right away.

I must note that you should use this maybe a few hours before going out because my skin went all red and spotty looking, basically from all that tweezing.

I'm so happy I can give up shaving as my skin always got very irritated by it and it takes up so much time!

Highly recommend this for a first time buyer unsure of what to get and you're on a budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy and effective, and a bargain!, 3 Jun. 2013
Bought this for my daughter and she seems to like it! It's light compact and easy to use. She found it a little uncomfortable at first, but is finding it better with practice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for first timers!, 24 Oct. 2014
Had this item a couple of months now so though I should really but in my review.
The first couple of times its used, very painful but after that you honestly barely feel it! If you can manage the first few uses then its well worth it! Wished I had bought one of these so long before.
Only real down sides I've found is that you have to use the day before you are going out of showing off your legs as it takes a while for the small bumps you get to settle down and also it does snap some hairs instead of pulling out.
Admittedly this is the onlu eppilator I have used so there could be far better versions on the market, but in my opinion considering the prices these can go up to I am very happy with the price and quality of this one.
Worth the buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 1 Oct. 2013
Brought as a present for my daughter-in-law for her birthday shes wanted one for ages - she loves it - high recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars not for wimps excellent product, 17 Oct. 2014
despite other reviewers saying this product is ineffective & too painful, and jumpy then an epilator is not for you. If you have a medium/high pain threshold then this wont bother you at all. Ive used epilators for years and this is absolutely fine. You can't expect something to pull the hairs out of your body parts and it not hurt! so please be realistic when buying something like this. it has two speeds so people who are using it on smaller areas can use it effectively.

I do recommend it as an experienced owner of epilators. so remember if your a wimp don't buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars my first professional epilater, 24 Oct. 2014
This is mynfirst professional epilater and it does hurt when I use it but it does the job and gets rid of the hairs, I dont know if its just me or if it is what the epilaters do but the hairs dont grow back in all at once or as quick like they do when shaving also the hairs seem thinner and not as dark or wiry.
im pleased I bought this and I doubt I will ever shave again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 29 Nov. 2014
At first I loved this product and wondered why I'd been bothering with waxing! But after a while I realised that it does take a long time to do your legs and get all of the hairs, I quite often find that I missed an area. It is good but not a replacement for waxing and I wouldn't recommend it on more sensitive areas. It might be that more expensive models are more efficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phillips HP6422/00 Satinell Corded Epilator, 25 Sept. 2013
Great product, no problems. Easy to use and does the job. Much cheaper than paying for waxing and using messy creams