5.0 out of 5 stars Marjorie Morningstar revisited, 13 Sept. 2013
Susan Best (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marjorie Morningstar (Kindle Edition)
I first read this book about 40 years ago - unbelievable! It was the first Herman Wouk novel I'd read. I've just finished re-reading it, as the book made a great impression on me as a young girl and I'd often thought about it. Re-reading it at a more mature age gave me a different perspective on the principal characters (in fact on all the characters), but I loved the book as much now as I did all those years ago. I think that although it is set (and was written) in different times, when morals/behaviour and expectations were very different to modern ways of thinking, nonetheless the motives, feelings, emotions, doubts, insecurities and actions are ones that people can relate to just as much today as in previous, more innocent times. The book has it all - a great story, many different themes to engage the reader and is simply unputdownable. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marjory Morningstar, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Marjorie Morningstar (Kindle Edition)
I remember reading this book almost 40 years ago. I was so engrossed in the story that I read it in one sitting. So many years later the book did not disappoint, I was equally pulled into the life of Margery that it was difficult to come up for air. I love this book, it is easy to relate to the characters, the hopes and dreams of youth and how life has a funny way of dealing out destiny. Great book and a talented author. A true classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Marjorie Morningstar (Kindle Edition)
In another way just as stunning as The Caine Mutiny. What happened to him after that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Marjorie Morningstar, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Marjorie Morningstar (Kindle Edition)
I love this book, having read it a long time ago, I wanted to read it again. I really like Herman Wouk's books

Marjorie Morningstar